Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RAPC
The a la carte items have been removed (in menu form at least) from everyone. You can still ask for items and some, but not all are available depending on what you want.

As for the jellybeans, they are still there on all of my stays at the hotel so no downgrade on that front.
What items are available?

I have found the service in the restaurant to be a bit patchy but then I don't like to linger, I like to be in and out and not sit around waiting what seems to be a while for drinks, the bill etc.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Does anyone else find this line in their booking confirmation offensive?

As an SPG® member, you also have the possibility, should you desire, to upgrade to an Executive Room for an additional £90 per night. Guests taking advantage of this offer will receive 1,000 Bonus Starpoints® as a token of our esteem.

Surely as an SPG Member you should be upgraded automatically!

It makes a mockery of the whole program.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket

As an SPG® member, you also have the possibility, should you desire, to upgrade to an Executive Room for an additional £90 per night. Guests taking advantage of this offer will receive 1,000 Bonus Starpoints® as a token of our esteem.

No, it is a standard bit of SPG marketing and I find similar paid upgrades offered across a range of SPG properties. You will get upgraded to these most of the time from experience anyway, it is purely giving you an option. I doubt many Plats don't take them up on it, but some Gold and regular SPG members may find it of interest, especially during peak times when they may not get an upgrade.

It is purely offering a choice and doesn't affect your upgrade chances and this is a property that upgrades very happily. If you are offended by having a choice, then that is your call. I just ignore it every time I see it.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Hahahaha!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold

Hmm, I didn't get that offer last year. Not everyone will get the 1,000 Bonus Starpoints as a token of their esteem. Is that 1,000 Starpoints per night, or per stay? BTW, As a Starwood Gold member, the Park Tower Knightsbridge upgraded me last year to an Executive higher floor room on an award stay. I enjoyed my stay there, and would be happy to stay at the Park Tower Knightsbridge again.

Hopefully you will be staying there at a time when the hotel occupancy is not full, so the hotel can take better care of you.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Only if you're gold or platinum.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Only if you're gold or platinum.
Even then, not 'automatic'...

far from it actually..
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
No, it is a standard bit of SPG marketing and I find similar paid upgrades offered across a range of SPG properties.
Have gotten this "offer" at a range of SPG properties as well.

At some, I am told it's a way of guaranteeing the type of room you would be upgraded to, noting that upgrades are based on best available room at check-in.

Am also told it's a way of guaranteeing the type of room you will be upgraded from (if one chooses this option, then their upgrade is up/above/from this option, vs. "to" this room type from a standard one.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

Don't forget that the whole program is built on upgrade availability at the time of checkin, not at the time of booking.

It's perfectly reasonable to expect that they will be trying to sell their premium rooms for revenue in the meantime, and an email 'upsell' offer like this (which would guarantee you an upgrade) is totally legitimate within the framework of the spg program.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Has anyone stayed at this property recently and can comment on Plat upgrades?

Also, will Plats, when not upgraded to a a suite, be entitles to use the Butler service? (I.e. Like in Bangkok sukhumvit luxury collection)
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by silvergirl

Also, will Plats, when not upgraded to a a suite, be entitles to use the Butler service? (I.e. Like in Bangkok sukhumvit luxury collection)
Normal upgrades are to the Executive or Panoramic rooms. Suites are very rare unless using SNAs as the suites get sold, especially in the peak months, plus they have quite a few VIPs.

The butler service is limited to the suites and isn't even that visible on the times I have upgraded to a suite. The regular service is pretty good though, so not much of a difference to the butler service that they offer from my experience.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

Butler service is even higher and more precious than a suite UG. It is not their policy to UG Plats to Butler rooms. I have had it done, but really exceptional circumstances. Suite UGs are possible but pretty tight. Ecex rooms are the std UG. Exec room r the same as all the other rrom but on a higher floor.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite

I was at the Park Tower this week and received my first true upgrade here. I was given a two room Panoramic Suite. Very nice indeed. I was on a one night award stay. I do find that many SPG properties do try and out-do themselves on upgrades when a platinum guest is on an award stay.

I've always liked this property and continue to do so.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Normal upgrades are to the Executive or Panoramic rooms. Suites are very rare unless using SNAs as the suites get sold, especially in the peak months, plus they have quite a few VIPs.

The butler service is limited to the suites and isn't even that visible on the times I have upgraded to a suite. The regular service is pretty good though, so not much of a difference to the butler service that they offer from my experience.
I've had butler service in a non suite and non butler service in a panoramic suite. But maybe that's changed. UGs to butler service used to be very rare and not really allowed.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
I've had butler service in a non suite and non butler service in a panoramic suite. But maybe that's changed. UGs to butler service used to be very rare and not really allowed.
The policy is for the butler service to be only for the suites and for high category VIPs. I think it set to that around the time that Sue took over as the Hotel Manager.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.