Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by RAPC
The policy is for the butler service to be only for the suites and for high category VIPs. I think it set to that around the time that Sue took over as the Hotel Manager.
Very interesting, then.

I was at this property 2 weeks ago on a last-minute 1-night reservation, and the SPG app showed I was upgraded to the panoramic suite, with butler service, full breakfast, etc etc.

Upon check-in, I was met with extreme confusion by the Front Desk, who said that they didn't have butler service, and I'd have to choose between my 500-point amenity or breakfast. Front Desk asked me to send them the confirmation screenshot, and then ignored me for the rest of the night. I ended up checking out early, but the FDM then emailed and apologized profusely about the confusion.

I still don't know what my expectations should be at this property...what exactly does the butler service provide? Is it St. Regis-esque?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Sounds like the butler program has changed: if I recall currently, all rooms on the top two floors had butler service. But now it sound like the Butlers service the suites throughout the hotel, and all suites get butler service?
My favorite thing was not the free champagne or butler service, but the unlimited breakfast in bed for 2 service that used to come w butler rooms...cure that still applies.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by nologic
Sounds like the butler program has changed: if I recall currently, all rooms on the top two floors had butler service. But now it sound like the Butlers service the suites throughout the hotel, and all suites get butler service?
My favorite thing was not the free champagne or butler service, but the unlimited breakfast in bed for 2 service that used to come w butler rooms...cure that still applies.
Well, that's the thing - I was given a top-floor Panoramic Suite. Just - the booking confirmation on the SPG app showed that I was due butler service and breakfast, and the FD staff denied it to me on check-in, saying that it wasn't on offer.

Interesting data point, nologic. Thank you.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by landeej
Well, that's the thing - I was given a top-floor Panoramic Suite. Just - the booking confirmation on the SPG app showed that I was due butler service and breakfast, and the FD staff denied it to me on check-in, saying that it wasn't on offer.

Interesting data point, nologic. Thank you.
I remember we had a talk over at the Grosvenor House, Dubai's thread regarding the inclusion of airport transfer. And William or another lurker confirmed that whatever is on the description should be included (whether upgraded or not).
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I haven't stayed here in 4 years or so. I probably stayed here as a Plat (pre-free bfast) 5-10x in the previous few years.

As I said, I stayed in a butler on the top floor w a great view...that was my only butler UG. came w a bottle of champagne, and a butler to unpack or do pressings, and unlimited room service breakfast.

I also was once Ug'd to a panoramic suite w/o Butler service.

Most times, Plats get high floor, park view, standard rooms. As many have said, all rooms are the same size. So, their UG, go w floor, and view.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I remember we had a talk over at the Grosvenor House, Dubai's thread regarding the inclusion of airport transfer. And William or another lurker confirmed that whatever is on the description should be included (whether upgraded or not).
Thank you. I think I'll kick that email exchange over to my Ambassador as an FYI for the next time I book there. I still haven't gotten the hang of a dedicated person there to have my back on SPG travel and I probably am not involving him anywhere near the degree I should.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
i've stay there once about 2 years ago.

I was upgraded to the top floor penthouse suite (I cant remember its name) and it came with butler service.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
When I think about it, on my stays where I was upgraded to suites using SNAs, butlers came knocking. On stays when I was upgraded to suites as a standard Platinum upgrade, they didn't.

If the breakfast and butler service is showing in the room description on the upgrade, then definitely raise it. There have been similar issues at other properties and from memory, if they are including it in the room description, they should be included in the upgrade. If they are not, then the hotel needs to update their room description that you see in the reservation accordingly.

From memory, the Lurkers have assisted in some cases in the past, usually working with the SPG co-ordinators for the relevant properties.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
When I think about it, on my stays where I was upgraded to suites using SNAs, butlers came knocking. On stays when I was upgraded to suites as a standard Platinum upgrade, they didn't.

If the breakfast and butler service is showing in the room description on the upgrade, then definitely raise it. There have been similar issues at other properties and from memory, if they are including it in the room description, they should be included in the upgrade. If they are not, then the hotel needs to update their room description that you see in the reservation accordingly.

From memory, the Lurkers have assisted in some cases in the past, usually working with the SPG co-ordinators for the relevant properties.
I heard back from management at the property, and they confirmed the error. It was showing on the reservation even though it was a complimentary upgrade, and the promised service should have been delivered as such. They've promised to do right by me next time I'm there, and the cc line on the email included all duty managers and my ambassador.

I'm either going to have a fantastic stay next time I go or find itching powder in my sheets.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
FWIW - I am staying at the hotel now (first time here - will post a trip report when done). I used SNAs for my 5 night stay on points and they were accepted. we're on a suite on the 10th floor (two rooms). No mention of butler service at all.

Checking my upgraded SNA reservation, it said:
2 Adults, 1 Child,
1 Room

Executive suite, non-smoking: King Bed,
Non-smoking,
667 sq ft / 62 m˛,
Luxury Pillowtop Bed,
Phillips Lcd Wall Mounted,
Separate Livingroom W/sofa,
Wi-fi Internet For A Fee

I am not complaining about the lack of a butler service, as I didn't really expect it, but since it does not quite align with the recent posts on the thread, I thought it was noteworthy.

(Having a Butler would be nice, though, as we have a Nepresso coffee maker in the room without any of the pods to make coffee in the room for the first day of our stay. Perhaps it was an oversight when they were preparing the room. I will report when I write up my trip).
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by conroy

I am not complaining about the lack of a butler service, as I didn't really expect it, but since it does not quite align with the recent posts on the thread, I thought it was noteworthy.

(Having a Butler would be nice, though, as we have a Nepresso coffee maker in the room without any of the pods to make coffee in the room for the first day of our stay. Perhaps it was an oversight when they were preparing the room. I will report when I write up my trip).
Having recently stayed here with an Exec Suite upgrade, the butler service is very much still running. The butler usually pays you a visit within 15 minutes of arrival in your room. Also mentioned by the butler on our recent visit was 3 items of clothing for pressing free of charge, as well as offering to unpack luggage etc.

If you are missing items in your suite, then do call down to get the Nespresso pods or anything else. Personally I would ask to be connected to the butler service if you are at the hotel now. They may well be assuming that you have already had the introduction to the service, so they can rectify that to you straight away if you let them know.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Stayed there last week as Plat. Upgraded to Panoramic room on 14th floor.

The breakfast service was horrendous. They constantly ran out of plates and buffet items. Servers were slow with coffee etc. Also, the air conditioning unit in my room could never (after calling maintenance and mentioning it to the front desk) get my room below 23C.

I still would stay at this place over other SPG London options. Loved the view from room, room layout and location (next to parks, shopping).
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: Free Agent
How are you guys getting your upgrades? Using SNAs?

I stay here about 3 times a year, and have had a pretty good track record with getting upgraded to an Executive Suite using SNAs. Otherwise, I'm usually only upgraded to Executive rooms (those on a higher floor). If I want a Panoramic Room (14th and 15th floors?), I usually have to request one. Do others have a similar experience? That being said, I'm pretty happy with an Executive Room.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Condition One
How are you guys getting your upgrades? Using SNAs?

I stay here about 3 times a year, and have had a pretty good track record with getting upgraded to an Executive Suite using SNAs. Otherwise, I'm usually only upgraded to Executive rooms (those on a higher floor). If I want a Panoramic Room (14th and 15th floors?), I usually have to request one. Do others have a similar experience? That being said, I'm pretty happy with an Executive Room.
I am doing around 20 to 25 stays a year. On business (which are the majority of my stays) they know I have no real need for a suite, so I'm not really in the running for one. On the times I have used SNAs, they have normally cleared in advance, but on a recent 3 night stay they didn't clear. A hotel contact sorted out the upgrade by moving a paid guest up to a Panoramic Suite and changed our reservation to a suite. I am sure this wouldn't have been possible without staying here regularly and getting to know some of the staff. I have also had Penthouse Suites on a few occasions over the years. Twice via further upgrades from SNAs and once when the hotel was sold out and I was there for a night on business.

Generally the hotel upgrades Plats up to Exec or Panoramic rooms. They will give out suites, but the chances are that they are sometimes sold out or snaffled via SNAs in the case of the Exec suites.

As for Panoramic Rooms, I probably get these about 35 - 40% of the time with my upgrades. With the exception of the Molton Brown toiletries and wooden flooring, there really is very little difference between these and the higher Exec floors though, so I tend not to care too much either way.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: Free Agent
Ok, thanks! This is a solid property though, and I'm already looking forward to my next stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.