Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poo in the Sheets

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Wow, that was bad. I have had my share us foreign object on hotel rooms, mostly hair, but not something like that. My wife always brings one of those lint brush that has the peelable sticky sheets and sani wipes. The wipes are for the TV remote control and door knobs, lint brush for the bed sheets. This problem is not unique to "low" end hotel chains, as we've had it on other high end ones as well.

Housekeeping is something that does seem to be missing in most hotel, they want to turn around rooms fast, but do not hire enough workers to clean out. Its rather disgusting. Almost makes you think of brining your own sheet, towels and pillow when you travel.

Hope everything turns out for the best for you.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by KFinTX
I'm surprised you have to ask if you should send this to corporate. I'd have had them on the horn while the manager was still in the room, along with making a call to the local health department. It's not just a bad housekeeping problem. They're supposed to change the linens completely between guests & obviously they didn't. I doubt that's the only room that didn't get a complete change-out that day or any other day.
Thats exactly what I did in my case.

The managers were horrified. I'm still trying to understand how a person makes up a bed when there is a stain in the bed.

For reference: Strange Things Found in Hotel Room
Old May 29, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
My 2 cents
One free night is not enough compensation.
Old May 29, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I am about to walk past this hotel on the way to the gym and will probably not feel clean after. As an additional comment this could be from an animal as Aloft hotels are known for their pet friendly policies. Something to remember when you speak to your doctor though you probably don't have anything to worry about.
As others and SPG Lurker have suggested please do send this to corporate and if you feel necessary the health department.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Imagine this 'poo' in the laundry with other sheets from this hotel!!!!
Old May 29, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by droidcore
(gross pic here for the unsqueamish).
Holy Sheet

if anyone needs some eye bleach.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If OP and wife have scrubbed themselves with soap and hot water, laundered or dry cleaned (hang outside in the sun?) clothes that could have come in contact with the "poo" (perhaps toss out any bathroom slippers that were used that morning, plus thoroughly wipe off any accessories and luggage that might have been on the bed), I wouldn't worry too much about health implications unless there was broken skin or a compromised immune system, in which case you should obviously contact your doctor and send the bill to the hotel.

Think of the jobs in which workers sometimes have skin contact with animal or human feces. Housekeepers and aircraft cleaners sometimes are splashed when they clean toilets, nurses and vet techs sometimes care for people or pets with diarrhea, sanitation plant employees might inadvertently get splashed with waste water, shoe repair and shoe shine people come in contact with footwear that has been through dog parks, etc. All of these people apparently survive their encounters. Also, travelers routinely seem to survive trips to parts of the world with poor sanitation, even without cholera shots.

I'm not trying to minimize the situation but rather attempting to reassure you that total panic isn't necessary. It was bad but you and your wife will survive.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I probably full of crap lol!
Old May 29, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Holy Sheet

if anyone needs some eye bleach.
Thank you for the eye bleach. I love that link. I too decided to look. Ack.

One day I will tell the story about a poop shower I experienced in a Detroit doubletree. Still can't talk about it.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Esltroy
Thank you for the eye bleach. I love that link. I too decided to look. Ack.

One day I will tell the story about a poop shower I experienced in a Detroit doubletree. Still can't talk about it.
.....and I'll spare people my story of a cockroach infested room in Moscow. At breakfast, people from my meeting would compare statistics on numbers observed and the number of different species. [Unfortunately, I usually won the contest.] I slept with the overhead light on and they still crawled over my pillow. I threw out my toothbrush before leaving and then unpacked and shook out all of my clothes thoroughly in the garage when I got home. I still shiver when I remember that trip.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Why has no one asked the obvious question:

How did feces get there in the first place? In my mind, it was either:

1) The last guest, and the cleaning staff coincidentally were lazy and did not pull the sheets. I find this doubtful because it involves 2 unlikely events.

2) Someone who had access to the room after it was previously cleaned. Also seems unlikely since it would be intentional as a way of causing distress for someone, with little benefit.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 10MM, BA GLD, SPG PLT, HH D
Are you sure it wasn't that chocolate they left on your pillow?
Old May 29, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: ______
lol i dont know why i find this hilarious. But I do feel bad, it looks to have been done on purpose though perhaps the hotel can locate the previous guest? Perhaps some deranged prankster?
Old May 29, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1266368/plotsummary

I have some ideas.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by clublounger
But, You've "scrubbed your belongings"? Your wife won't stay in any hotel w/in that chain?

I assume you're exaggerating these actions/reactions and you're looking for a bigger payout.

Good luck.
Umm, call me high-maintenance if you will, but I have a few minimum requirements of the hotels I choose to stay at, and even though I have never had the need to articulate this particular baseline, "bed linens that do not contain feces" is one of them. I'm with the OP's wife on this one ... I'd be more than a little freaked ... actually, a lot!! And even though scrubbing all my belongings might in fact achieve the intended objective, it would not take away the creepy feeling that would linger for much much much longer. So yeah, I would pause before I booked at any hotel that reminded me of this one.

And, for the record, I think that comping the night is the minimum that should be expected, but insufficient in terms of service recovery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.