Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My understanding is that it's still possible to book a Garden villa for 5 nights using 130k SPG, then upgrade to OWV for about $500/nt
I'll eat my words if that is true, but I thought all rooms have been "fixed" to the new, exorbitant prices?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Thanks for the writeup. Not that it matters (not like I'd cancel my trip over it, despite it being one of the main draws), but I'm curious - is there _anywhere_ you can snorkel to see the typical coral fishes anywhere around the island, or do you literally have to boat out? (kayak?) Since there are no neighbouring islands, I'm curious how that would work - I'm not excited to spend $400 per day hiring a boat to go snorkeling
Fish population is quite good actually. You'll see your typical clown fish, moorish idol, angelfish, eels, rays, turtles, etc., so there will be plenty of fish near the resort. Just the coral itself has been disturbed by the construction and the bleaching that's affected all of the Maldives. There are morning snorkeling expeditions on boat that's ~$80/person.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I have stay here booked for 5 nights from 29th Jan that I won't be able to use... such a waste as well since it was on the mistake rate
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by rooivalk
I have stay here booked for 5 nights from 29th Jan that I won't be able to use... such a waste as well since it was on the mistake rate
Is it possible to put another guest's name? I'm sure someone would prefer this to sourcing a flux capacitor.

And for those wondering...

http://www.palcohol.com
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:39 am

I currently have 5 nights at Conrad booked, now I'm wondering if I should book here instead. 130k SPG plus upgrade fees (to OWV) similar to Conrad. But I am HH Diamond, the the $110++/day fees will add up. Anybody been to both? I have a Superior WV booked at Conrad.
AFAICR you've already been to Rangali, is that right? If not, and if you are keen on a big and very private resort (SWVs are great OWVs and Rangali Island is very private) with much more choice of eateries and way better snorkelling then keep your CR booking. Oh, and there's the price.....
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by rooivalk
Fling me a PM if you're interested in selling it.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Guys,

How many points did you pay for 5 nights here in a lowest category suite/villa?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Guys,

How many points did you pay for 5 nights here in a lowest category suite/villa?
Garden Villa was for 126K, Overwater Villa was for 130K.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
AFAICR you've already been to Rangali, is that right? If not, and if you are keen on a big and very private resort (SWVs are great OWVs and Rangali Island is very private) with much more choice of eateries and way better snorkelling then keep your CR booking. Oh, and there's the price.....
No, I've never been to CR but I have 5 nights booked in February. I didn't realize Conrad hasn't more food choices and better snorkeling.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
No, I've never been to CR but I have 5 nights booked in February. I didn't realize Conrad hasn't more food choices and better snorkeling.
Rangali is just the perfect resort if you can afford the cost. Overall best hotel I have ever been to on holiday.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:09 pm
kkl

The 130k deal is long gonE. It's 360 for 5 nights iirc
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:51 pm

I think you misunderstood me. Rangali does have more food choices and better snorkelling.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:01 pm

Quick question. HHonors is almost the same with 5 nights for 380K. Would I be correct in assuming that Starwood points are not anywhere near as easy to earn as HH points?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Quick question. HHonors is almost the same with 5 nights for 380K. Would I be correct in assuming that Starwood points are not anywhere near as easy to earn as HH points?
That would be correct. As a really simple example - the Hilton credit cards can earn as much as 12X per point at Hilton properties - SPG is only 2x (excluding elite bonuses etc). Earning the card itself is also at least 2X with Hilton, but 1X with the SPG card. Etc, etc. - so 380K SPG is actually an almost-unattainable amount (excluding manufactured spending and so on, obviously).
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:16 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't live in the US so am unable to get a HH CC so have to earn points the hard way.

What about earning SPG points (w/o a SPG CC) at a property such as this? For example I can stay at Rangali in low season in a BV for 7 nights on a paid stay and pretty much spend enough in total to get me a free night at the base rate for any of their top-tier properties (95K). If I was to aim for the 76K/night rate (5th Night Free) then my spend wouldn't even have to go over say $500/day base.
If I stayed at this property in low season in an entry-level room for the same amount of time and spent say $4000-$5000 base for F&B, spas etc, roughly how many nights, or portions of a night, would I get if there were no point promos and I was a new member? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.