Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Incheon Hotel, ICN, Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD

The Hotel will opening on August 1, 2009.

I thought the hotel not far to Incheon airport,after spoke to hotel.
It's take 1.5 hours from airport,and no shuttle bus between hotel and airport.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irwin8417
...It's take 1.5 hours from airport,and no shuttle bus between hotel and airport.
So, how do you get to Sheraton Incheon, short of getting a taxi?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by TerryK
So, how do you get to Sheraton Incheon, short of getting a taxi?
I will stay at Hyatt Regency Incheon,after Incheon bridge finish construction this October, the distance from Sheraton Incheon to ICN only 30 minutes.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irwin8417
......after Incheon bridge finish construction this October, the distance from Sheraton Incheon to ICN only 30 minutes.
That's good to know. But, do you know how to get from ICN to Sheraton Incheon now?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:01 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Hi TerryK,

My colleague has provided a couple of ways to travel from various stops to the property.

I will include one over here as I do not know Korea that well.

Subway: From Incheon Airport(Subway) to Gyeyang Station(transfer Incheon Subway Line1) to Incheon University Station.

You would be able to spot the Sheraton Incheon beside NEATT a few streets away.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, Thyetus! ^

There should be a prominent note that Sheraton Incheon is nowhere close to ICN airport on the reservation page. It is actually farther than Seoul in term of travel time. Seoul hotels are mostly served by direct KAL buses. Of course, this will change in October after the new bridge opens.

As a side note, I called Platinum Concierge and the rep told me that it only takes 20-30 minute with courtesy car transfer. I assume that's the correct info after the bridge opens. I called the hotel direct and they were very understanding and refunded my prepaid reservation. ^ My booking was for next week.

Last edited by TerryK; Jul 29, 2009 at 9:06 am
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Thank you, Thyetus! ^

There should be a prominent note that Sheraton Incheon is nowhere close to ICN airport on the reservation page. It is actually farther than Seoul in term of travel time. Seoul hotels are mostly served by direct KAL buses. Of course, this will change in October after the new bridge opens.

As a side note, I called Platinum Concierge and the rep told me that it only takes 20-30 minute with courtesy car transfer. I assume that's the correct info after the bridge opens. I called the hotel direct and they were very understanding and refunded my prepaid reservation. ^ My booking was for next week.
Hi TerryK,

Thank you for your support.

Let me forward this to my colleague as a feedback.

[email protected]

Old Jul 30, 2009, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi TerryK,

My colleague has provided a couple of ways to travel from various stops to the property.

I will include one over here as I do not know Korea that well.

Subway: From Incheon Airport(Subway) to Gyeyang Station(transfer Incheon Subway Line1) to Incheon University Station.

You would be able to spot the Sheraton Incheon beside NEATT a few streets away.

[email protected]

There actually is no subway to/from ICN airport. What your colleague was referring to is the AREX train. Make sure you take the commuter train and not the express and get off at Gyeyang station (A06 - last station before Gimpo) and change to ICN subway line 1. And if the hotel really is at Incheon University then it is just 26 stops on the subway.
And then just haul your bags to "a few streets away".
Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Make sure you take the commuter train and not the express and get off at Gyeyang station (A06 - last station before Gimpo) and change to ICN subway line 1.
Why not take the express all the way to Gimpo and get on Line 5? And the link to Seoul Station is supposed to be finished in January.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:03 pm

There actually is no subway to/from ICN airport. What your colleague was referring to is the AREX train. Make sure you take the commuter train and not the express and get off at Gyeyang station (A06 - last station before Gimpo) and change to ICN subway line 1. And if the hotel really is at Incheon University then it is just 26 stops on the subway.
And then just haul your bags to "a few streets away".
That's really useful and I have forwarded it to my colleague as well.

Thank you.

[email protected]

Old Jul 31, 2009, 6:07 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Why not take the express all the way to Gimpo and get on Line 5?
IIRC Line 5 doesn't go anywhere near Incheon University and this is where the Sheraton Incheon is. Or am I missing something?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
IRC Line 5 doesn't go anywhere near Incheon University and this is where the Sheraton Incheon is. Or am I missing something?
It just seems to me that the benefit of taking the express to Incheon outweighs the "cost" of switching lines.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:11 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It just seems to me that the benefit of taking the express to Incheon outweighs the "cost" of switching lines.
You mean why bother going to the Sheraton ICN when it is so much easier to go into Seoul? Couldn't agree more! Only when the bridge opens and you take a taxi will the Sheraton ICN an alternative for a stopover.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:16 am

I wanted to update this a week ago but was swamped with reports.

Here goes.

For those who have not been to this property yet, though it is 3 months late, I hope the following helps.

Sheraton Incheon Hotel is the first fully non-smoking, LEED rated hotel in Korea. The recreational attraction in our neighborhood include the 100-acre central park and the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club. The new Songdo Convention Center and Trade Tower will be adjacent to our hotel.
A warm, comforting ambience and friendly faces to assist you, will create memories to last a lifetime.

Sheraton Incheon Hotel stands in the heart of the new Songdo Development project, a new business city in the waterfront area with multiple facilities located just 3.2 km (2 miles) from downtown Incheon, 28 km (17 miles) west of Seoul and only 20 minutes away from Incheon International Airport via the new Incheon Grand bridge. World class facilities including a Convention Center, Jack Nicklaus Golf Course, International school, hospital, IT University and extensive shopping facilities are close by.

LINK@SHERATONSM experienced with Microsoft TM
At Sheraton, we believe life is better when shared. Now you can enjoy The Link@Sheraton experience with Microsoft in the heart of the Sheraton lobby. Feel free to surf the web on our terminals or bring your laptop for complimentary wireless broadband. You can socialize with new friends at Sheraton.

SHERATON FITNESS PROGRAMMED BY CORE PERFORMANCE
Recreational opportunities abound with Sheraton’s fitness program which was created to meet our guest desire to succeed in the game of life and need for simple, yet effective health and fitness solutions while travelling. Start or end your day with themed workouts in in-state-of –art fitness center.

SPA
You can choose to take a refreshing dip in indoor swimming pool or total relaxation in our spa. Our spa offers a range of treatments, all designed to soothe mind and body. Naturally we can personalize our treatments for you and style a package to suit.

RESTAURANTS
Gather friends and family together at one of Sheraton Incheon Hotel’s restaurants, offering a tempting array of culinary choices, or why not relax with a beverage or coffee in our inviting lounge and a bar.

FEAST
Our All Day Dining offers a wide spread of delicious a la carte and buffet. Enjoy a new dining experience with full open kitchens and food cooking stations throughout the restaurant (including outdoor venue). It is truly a unique and colorful dining experience for all tastes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

YUE
Chinese Restaurant offers the perfect venue for those who enjoy the finest Cantonese cuisine. With 7 opulent private dining rooms able to welcome anywhere from 6 to 20 persons, we are sure to have the right room available for your private entertaining.

BENE,
Italian Restaurant, offers authentic and tasty Italian cuisine. With 2 private rooms, we welcome people to experience the freshness and innovative Italian dishes.

MIYABI,
Japanese Restaurant, has 4 private rooms and it offers traditional and authentic cuisine to experience the most creative and delicate dishes

CONNEXIONS and B♭ ,
Lobby Lounge and a Bar (with outdoor venue), provides an ideal place for your leisure time with friends and business partners. Enjoy your favorite cocktail with live entertainment.

There are a total of 319 rooms, including 1 presidential suite, 3 ambassador suites and 12 executive suites.

Still waiting for updates from my colleague on the opening of "the new bridge".

[email protected]

Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
....LOCATION
Sheraton Incheon Hotel stands in the heart of the new Songdo Development project, a new business city in the waterfront area with multiple facilities located just 3.2 km (2 miles) from downtown Incheon, 28 km (17 miles) west of Seoul and only 20 minutes away from Incheon International Airport via the new Incheon Grand bridge.....
Is the Incheon Grand bridge open now? If so, is there bus or other public transportation available to/from ICN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.