Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotels that sell physical Marriott gift cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:09 am
Original Poster

I am looking for hotels that sell physical Marriott git cards - especially in the NYC area. The website Frequently Asked Questions (marriott.com) says "Marriott GiftCards are available for purchase at gifts.marriott.com or at participating hotels" I've called tons of hotels and nobody seems to sell them. When I call the Marriott gift card phone number they say they don't have a list of hotels. When I email the ambassador email they are equally unhelpful .

Has anyone compiled a list somewhere? The St. Regis here sold gift cards up until about a month ago, but now they claim they no longer sell them.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
SpringHill Suites in Tarrytown used to, but I haven't tried in a couple years so don't know the current situation.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 6:37 am

Complete Speculation: I'd guess that the "at participating hotels" text has been there for ages. And, I suspect it will remain there for ages because the people in charge of running that website (MI Fulfillment Services, LLC) probably have no idea how many unused physical gift cards exist in the world.

From a business perspective, Marriott really doesn't need to know. As long as a physical gift card doesn't have value until it's activated, it's not a liability that needs to be tracked.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:27 pm

Bumping this thread. Any properties where you've successfully purchased gift cards at the front desk?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by teddypanthers93
Bumping this thread. Any properties where you've successfully purchased gift cards at the front desk?
I recently called up a bunch of hotels in south SF Bay Area and the only one that carried gift cards was Santa Clara Marriott. Not sure if it being “Marriott” had anything to do with it. They let me purchase one large gift card with 4 different credit cards to make it nice and easy to redeem in the future.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
These are hotels where I have bought gift cards over the years. There may be more.
  • Courtyard Toronto Airport
  • Courtyard Toronto Northeast Markham
  • Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre (Toronto)
  • St Regis Toronto
  • Courtyard Ottawa East
  • Sheraton Wall Vancouver
  • Waikiki Beach Marriott
  • St Regis NY
  • Sheraton McKinney (TX)
  • Sheraton Sand Key Clearwater (FL)
I would call before I go to any of these properties as things may have changed except Marriott Eaton Centre as I was there last week.

Last edited by margarita girl; Jul 27, 2022 at 4:57 pm Reason: Added Ottawa and Vancouver
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:18 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by martzipan
I recently called up a bunch of hotels in south SF Bay Area and the only one that carried gift cards was Santa Clara Marriott. Not sure if it being “Marriott” had anything to do with it. They let me purchase one large gift card with 4 different credit cards to make it nice and easy to redeem in the future.
Thanks so much for this!
Today I called every single Marriott property (across all brands) in SF, San Bruno, Oakland, and Berkeley. I also called the Marriott flag properties in San Mateo and Walnut Creek. None of the them sell gift cards. The Westin near SFO was the only one who said they "should be getting gift cards next month." Unfortunately, that's too late for me.

The Santa Clara Marriott confirmed that they still sell gift cards. Why they're the only ones, I have absolutely no idea. I was really hoping to find a hotel that sold one closer to home...
Jalad likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
ArthurSFO11
I will ask the obvious question that everyone reading this post is thinking.....why in the world would you (or anyone else these days) want to buy M gift cards?

-m
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfirst
ArthurSFO11
I will ask the obvious question that everyone reading this post is thinking.....why in the world would you (or anyone else these days) want to buy M gift cards?

-m
Because the Amex 20% offers are usually only valid in N America and the Caribbean.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:07 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mfirst
ArthurSFO11

Likely because AMEX often offers rebates on stays at Marriott at or above a defined spend. Gift cards purchased on property code appropriately. If a stay isn't planned before the expiration date of the offer, a gift card is a way to get the rebate.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If a stay isn't planned before the expiration date of the offer, a gift card is a way to get the rebate.
I call the next hotel where I have a qualifying reservation and prepay the appropriate amount. BTW, thanks for reminding me - the current promo expires 09 October.
SanDiego1K and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I call the next hotel where I have a qualifying reservation and prepay the appropriate amount. BTW, thanks for reminding me - the current promo expires 09 October.
do they lose track ever?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
The Delta Hotel in downtown Toronto sells gift cards.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Any hotels in Southern California that sell gift cards? Gotta pay down some of those "resort fees" :/
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delete. (Friend was at right hotel. She just got the name wrong. )
SanDiego1K and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 9, 2022 at 7:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.