Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton Towers Warsaw: Very brief trip report

Arrival:
Landed ten minutes ahead of schedule from VCE to WAW- first off the plane and through passport control- expecting to wait but the driver was already there with a sign- very professional- car was a Mercedes E class.
Checkin at the towers lounge- a very good lounge IMHO- with great food and drinks in the evening (free).
Room is quite large- a junior suite really but they call it a deluxe room. Upgrade as SPG from standard room I was advised.
The bed is the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper- comfortable- not amazing but quite good. View of the park which is quite nice given all the grey in Warsaw overall.
Staff are fantastic- like a 4 seasons really- extremely professional. I couldn't sleep last nice (working too late) and ordered room service at 130 in the morning- it was great (which is unusual). The decor is very upscale- reminds me a lot of the Sheraton Towers in HK actually if that helps to describe it.
Piano player in the lobby at night, good security, all the staff I have spoken with are extremly concientious (sp?), and the butler in towers is great.
I would recommend this over any other Warsaw hotel- I know others have spoken about the Westin, and there is the independent Rialto, but this is a great hotel- truly merits 5*. Impressed,
Travelsig in Warsaw
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Arrival:
The bed is the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper- comfortable- not amazing but quite good. View of the park which is quite nice given all the grey in Warsaw overall.
Staff are fantastic- like a 4 seasons really- extremely professional. I couldn't sleep last nice (working too late) and ordered room service at 130 in the morning- it was great (which is unusual). The decor is very upscale- reminds me a lot of the Sheraton Towers in HK actually if that helps to describe it.
Piano player in the lobby at night, good security, all the staff I have spoken with are extremly concientious (sp?), and the butler in towers is great.
I would recommend this over any other Warsaw hotel- I know others have spoken about the Westin, and there is the independent Rialto, but this is a great hotel- truly merits 5*. Impressed,
Travelsig in Warsaw
I am happy you liked the hotel so much. I do like the Westin Warsaw more. Did not get an upgrade in the Sheraton Warsaw, (see my review and pics of my stays) and experienced the attitude of the hotelstaff rather more as formal and coldish. It appeared they seemed to be in tranforming from the "old" way of service as it was many years ago in the Eastblock countries, to service into the 5* level.
But as alway, everyone has there own experiences in hotels!
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The staff in the towers lounge seem to really be trying- they keep asking what can be done to make the stay better? There are so many 5* hotels in WAW now- and there is actually a report in the Warsaw Business Times this week talking about the "disaster" of the high end hotel market- how occumpancy is under 60%. Perhaps they are raising the bar to try and cope with this? The Westin is nice- and is actually cheaper- but I find the location of the Sheraton to be very convenient for work. A nice touch is the litre of San Pellegrino (complimentary) in a little ice cooler- I finished it yesterday, thought it was the welcome amenity, and there is not only another one here today but also another bottle of red wine (also reads with compliments). It is hard to shift the mentatility of people- but it seems to be happening here in general.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 6:02 pm

Programs: Nobody at this point :(
49EUR - Sheraton Warsaw Hotel & Towers

Hope this is the right forum to post this I am not at all familiar with hotel programs.

Travelzoo posts a special rate for this hotel (49EUR per night plus free upgrade to a deluxe room): http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/215765

Travel dates: Dec. 15 - Jan. 9
Offer expires: Nov 28, 2005.

Looks like it's a 50% off compared to the regular rate.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
That is a good find. If you are in Warsaw during that period it is a steal. It can be booked on the Starwood site with a booking code of "tvlz".

I need a stay there on March 8 and the rate is $180. that night, w/o breakfast. I do have a weekend booked a little earlier in March at $85.00 per night that I was really happy with.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:01 pm

Recent Experiences With The Sheraton Warsaw Hotel And Towers?

Hi,
I am planing a stay at the Sheraton Warsaw and I was wondering how people enjoyed the hotel. Does it really have the five star service and ambiance? I was also wondering if anyone had information about a suite. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:30 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk, LOTPolish.

I've done a search for you, and found a few threads that seem to be relevant.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352326 - this thread begins by talking about the Warsaw Westin, but a few posts on it talks about the Sheraton.

Sheraton

Comparison of Westin and Sheraton
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:24 pm

Thanks SanDiego1K!
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
I was there earlier this year. Very nice hotel and (as gold) was just put on the SPG floor..as usual for SPG, no lounge access.

There are a couple of decent restaurants in the hotel. The hotel is located a bit out of the way...but taxis are reasonable.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 7:55 pm

Glad to here that the restaurants are of good quality.Thanks grayland!
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:26 pm

I was there most recently two weeks ago. It is still a great property, and some changes had been made (good and bad) since last I was there:

^ When you have to leave before breakfast (they begin serving around 0630) to catch a plane or something, they'll now bring an early breakfast to your room, or prepare a box breakfast to take with.

The breakfast buffet no longer has the little jars of that great gourmet preserves/jam they used to have.

The restaurants are very good; I'd particularly recommend the salmon at the restaurant where breakfast is served (and where they have a "sidewalk cafe" garden seating in good weather). However, I found their wine selection to be overpriced.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LOTPolish
Hi,
I am planing a stay at the Sheraton Warsaw and I was wondering how people enjoyed the hotel. Does it really have the five star service and ambiance? I was also wondering if anyone had information about a suite. Thanks!
Now in the Sheraton.

- Lounge closed for food (drinks still available)
- Some small food and breakfast offered in the restaurant
- Upgraded to a so-called junior suite.

What the heck is a junior suite? It is nothing more than a room with some minimal extra space. The lighting is so dark that I can get a depression. Internet is not free of charge in the room. The club rooms include Internet in the room rate but the hotel does still charge you for that if you get an upgrade to the club room.

This hotel is only a mattres run option for me.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Just finished another stay at the Sheraton Warsaw.

This time gotten a nice large and bright room on the club floor (I believe they call that room also junior suite).

To be honest, I got used to the breakfast down in the restaurant and the evening hors-d'oeuvre at the restaurant. Excellent staff at the lobby bar restaurant ^ Got several cocktails ^

Nothing to complain this time.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by nissan motor

Nothing to complain this time.
I think I have witnessed a miracle!

Seriously though, glad you had a good stay after some poor recent experiences.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I stayed there few times. I do not recommend standard rooms facing the street, it can be very loud in the morning so you might not get a good sleep as I have experienced. Deluxe room is the lowest what you should go for, Junior Suite offers some extra space and sofa but is nothing special. On my next visit IF i would choose this hotel, I would go for the club option which seems to have reasonable rates to what it provides.

As for the level of service:
- breakfast is nothing special
- once booked a romance package, which was supposed to include: 4pm late checkout, sparkling wine and either chocolates or fruits. But got nothing except the 4pm checkout. It was quite disappointing.
- staff at the reception desk can be rude. Though I had once 4pm late checkout, I was leaving the hotel at 12pm with my girlfriend (now wife). I thought I misheard myself when a woman asked me if we wouldn't like to romance few hours more as we had late checkout... Either I don't understand something here or she was interested in joining us?
- i booked once a night on the 31st of DEC, so that we could get a decent sleep after partying in one of the Warsaw clubs. I left DND sign on the door and imagine someone was knocking early in the morning, few times in different time frames... How annoying was it.

I didn't have chance to try Westin yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would be cheaper and better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.