Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2004, 6:57 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
The hotel recommends something called "Hotel Taxi Service". Not sure if that is a company or a taxi service associated with the hotels in Warsaw.

They require reservations to book pick-up in advance. +48-22-657-6100. Looks to be estimated at 15 Euros.

If you'd rather contact the Hotel Concierge and have them arrange pick-up at the airport for you, you could send an email to [email protected] and ask them to forward your email to the Concierge.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Nov 10, 2004 at 7:01 pm Reason: add more information.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
I stayed there and took a city bus, which stopped about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. I think it was bus #80. Would certainly do so again, unless you have a lot of luggage, taxi would be just a waste of $$$$ .
Old Nov 12, 2004, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
You can ask the hotel for the airport transfer! It is not very expensive and very reliable! I made use of it in August 2004!
Old Nov 13, 2004, 10:25 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
i always use the hotel pick up for this location, as the airport taxis can overcharge significantly.. as for taking the bus ? no thanks ! i consider my time and comfort worth more than a few $$. waiting in the cold at the terminal for a cranky old bus ??
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:22 pm

There are certain taxis that have some sort of relationship with the hotel there. I think they're independent contractors rather than employees, but they *are* connected with the Sheraton.

You can ask to be met at the airport, or you used to be able to call the hotel when you arrived and they would arrange for a taxi to pick you up (cell phone call?).

Personally, I have never had a problem taking one of the regular taxis at the airport to the Sheraton.

By the way, if the restaurant at the Sheraton (the Lalka) has salmon on the menu, give it a try. It has always been outstanding when I've been there. (They also have Guinness on tap at the Someplace Else bar across from the restaurant, if you're interested.)
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have not been there in a few years but also found the taxis in Warsaw to be honest. I have never been taken for a ride.

When you enter the airport lobby from customs, ignore all the people at the lobby who try to get your business. Go directly to the taxi stand outside.

The hotel taxis are nicer (I think they were Mercedes when I was there) but cost significantly more. By US and European standards, it is still decent though.

Steven
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Cranky old bus? Try a brand-new Mercedes bus, way nicer then any city bus you will see in any US city.

Originally Posted by GK
i always use the hotel pick up for this location, as the airport taxis can overcharge significantly.. as for taking the bus ? no thanks ! i consider my time and comfort worth more than a few $$. waiting in the cold at the terminal for a cranky old bus ??
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:05 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
The bus is very easy and convienient (as long as you do not have much luggage). You get it outside the main terminal, buy a ticket at the newstand by the main door (inside). The ride is about 20-30 min into Wawsaw, I can't remember the stop--but it is on the main avenue and at a very large intersection. Get off, walk right about 2 blocks (walking left off the bus takes you onto the road that goes into 'old town'. I always prefer the bus, unless it is very late or I'm in a particular hurry. You get to see more of the town, and I for one 'feel more like a local' which gets me into the mood of whatever city I am visiting. Check out the airport website, it will give lots of information on transit into town.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I was in Warsaw a month ago, staying at the Westin.
There is a Westin/Sheraton shared desk in the center of the airport arrivals hall to deal with transportation to the hotels. I inquired at the desk and was told the cost. I can't recall what it was, but it was significantly higher than a regular taxi, albeit in a much nicer car. The guy at the desk told me that taxis from the marked stand were perfectly safe and cheaper so I decided to go that route. I can't remember how much the taxi cost either, but it was quite reasonable. The ride took around half an hour in heavy traffic.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 7:25 am
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
Originally Posted by ac/elite
I was in Warsaw a month ago, staying at the Westin.
There is a Westin/Sheraton shared desk in the center of the airport arrivals hall to deal with transportation to the hotels. I inquired at the desk and was told the cost. I can't recall what it was, but it was significantly higher than a regular taxi, albeit in a much nicer car. The guy at the desk told me that taxis from the marked stand were perfectly safe and cheaper so I decided to go that route. I can't remember how much the taxi cost either, but it was quite reasonable. The ride took around half an hour in heavy traffic.

The Westin Car shuttle is 50zl (which can be added to your hotel bill) the typical taxi cost is about 44zl.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ewj
The Westin Car shuttle is 50zl (which can be added to your hotel bill) the typical taxi cost is about 44zl.
Actually I just looked back at my expense report and I paid a regular taxi 34 zl.
Old May 16, 2005, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The hotel recommends something called "Hotel Taxi Service". Not sure if that is a company or a taxi service associated with the hotels in Warsaw.

They require reservations to book pick-up in advance. +48-22-657-6100. Looks to be estimated at 15 Euros.

If you'd rather contact the Hotel Concierge and have them arrange pick-up at the airport for you, you could send an email to [email protected] and ask them to forward your email to the Concierge.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
William (or anyone for that matter)- do you have an updated email address for the Sheraton concierge in Warsaw? The above address bounced back- I am looking to set up a car from the airport.
Thanks,
Travelsig
Old May 16, 2005, 7:14 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
William (or anyone for that matter)- do you have an updated email address for the Sheraton concierge in Warsaw? The above address bounced back- I am looking to set up a car from the airport.
Thanks,
Travelsig
Oops. Try [email protected].

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 16, 2005, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
I have not been there in a few years but also found the taxis in Warsaw to be honest. I have never been taken for a ride.
Would have to disagree -- I got pretty ripped off going from the train station to the Bristol hotel, I think it was about 3x the price as when later during my stay I took a taxi from NEAR the train station to the hotel. Just do your research in advance, know what the fare should be and then be firm with the driver before you get in.
But IIRC, I think part of the problem was that some taxis have higher posted rates than others. I think that was Warsaw, so many cities on the RTW...
Old May 17, 2005, 7:21 am

Programs: BA EC:Gold, BMI DC:Blue, SPG:Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott: Silver
The taxi's outside the airport (919 MPT and Sawa are the main "brands") are all perfectly reasonable although the occaisional car may make you wonder about the introduction of an MOT type test!

The Sheraton's taxis (run by Sawa in new E-Class Mercs) are 20-40% more expensive (ex: from Sheraton to my office is between 25 and 40PLN by "regular" cab but 40-50 PLN by the Sheraton's), but do run a fixed price transfer from the Airport (as mentioned it's 50 PLN)

Also as mentioned above, do not use the people who offer you a taxi in the arrivals hall, and more generally be cautious about using some of the grey cabs that have a taxi sign on top and a red and yellow strip down the side but no company markings. In my experience these are the cabs that give the problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.