Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 21, 2000, 10:16 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM
Arrow Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Well, I was looking for Empress on FT Live, but not around, so I'll ask here....

There's a good chance I'll be in Toronto May 12-14 for lectures at Mt. Siani Hospital, so I was looking at the Sheraton (I think it's the closest to the hosp) and just wanted some general comments. And if anyone is around, how about dinner?
Old Apr 21, 2000, 10:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
The Sheraton is a big down at heel. Really needs some sprucing up.

The Hilton (across the street) is better finished, recently renovated, and has one of Toronto's best steakhouses in it (Ruth Chris')
Old Apr 21, 2000, 9:07 pm

The Sheraton is not all that downtrodden. It's location is ideal (across from City Hall and close to Yonge St. and the Eaton Centre). If you can manage Club Level, I'm sure you'll be satisfied. It is not a luxury collection but rather more of a business-oriented hotel.
The Westin Harbour Castle is prettier, but being on the lakefront, it's a little further from the hospital than you might like.
Old Apr 27, 2000, 5:53 am
Suspended

I stay at that Sheraton all the time. I quite enjoy it as our Toronto office is just around the corner. Another good place is the Crowne Plaza on Front Street. But I would stick with the Sheraton, in fact I am there again next week.
Old May 25, 2000, 7:26 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine

I will be satying @ the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel in the Club Level. Supposedly, they offer free continental brekafast, afternoon tea, and cocktails & snacks around dinner time to Club Level members .

Any experiences in the Club Level @ the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Any comments about the hotel in general?

Thanks
Old May 25, 2000, 8:55 pm

I've stayed there a couple of times on Club Level and it is fine.
It's right across the street from City Hall and close to the Eaton Centre and Younge Street. Nice business type hotel connected to an underground shopping arcade leading to The Bay department store.
You won't be disappointed or thrilled.
Old May 26, 2000, 9:33 pm

As far as Sheraton's go, it's one of the nicer ones (at least on the Club level). It's been a year or so since I was there, but was very pleased. Good location too.
Old May 26, 2000, 10:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM
I was just there two weeks or so ago... The club level is nice, and nice views. The service was fine; however the only problem I had, was with them understanding that I was paying for one night, and using points for a free night. So they never had me listed in the room for the second night, causing me to miss a phone call and meeting with CanadianFlyer.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Sheraton Centre Toronto

I'm sitting here in my supposedly upgraded room at the Sheraton Centre Toronto listenting to the thud-thud-thud of noisy pipes coming from the stairwell so conveniently located next to my room.

I checked in this evening, and once I discovered the sound that will undoubtedly keep me up tonight, called the front desk to be re-accommodated. Well, no dice...the place apparently is sold out. (Funny, they were offering club level upgrades to a party checking in before me.)

If the hotel is truly sold out, obviously I understand that I'm just out of luck for the evening. But should I press the manager tomorrow for some sort of compensation (I would think club level at the least) for this situation? I've never encountered something like this and don't want to seem like I'm asking for special treatment or something I'm not worthy of. But the sound really is bad. It sounds like someone is lightly knocking on the wall...over and over and over again.

In any event, be wary of getting "upgraded" to a corner room at the Sheraton Centre Toronto. From what I can tell, they are all next to a stairwell; I can only imagine that other corner rooms may have the same noise problem I'm faced with tonight.

I know being SPG Gold doesn't carry that much weight, but I'd at least think a quiet room is in order!

I'll letyou guys know what happens!

WNLuvr

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 06-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old Jun 19, 2001, 8:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
To find out whether the hotel is really sold out, go to the lobby, find a pay phone, and call the hotel directly and ask for a room.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 8:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have had noisy nights in hotels before. Twice due to people (once in the neighbouring room, and once a kids group that were chasing through the corridors all night) and once due to an elevator. I raised hell each time (because generally I go to a hotel to sleep) and have been compensated each time (basically a free night). It is important to complain immediately and to not let yourself be fobbed off.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 9:48 pm

I was also not impressed with my stay at that property, though not because of the noise. The view was of the office building across the street, which was so bright from the lights that shone all night that it was hard to get the room dark.

I would also expect to get, at the very least, a free night there because of the noise, though you might not want to return there. I recommend the Westin Harbor Castle for future Toronto visits. As a Gold member, I was upgraded to a high level floor with a beautiful water view.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 7:45 am

There's something strange about that specific hotel (Sheraton Centre Toronto) .. I've only stayed there once, but the fire alarm went off TWICE while I was there .. A colleague of mine stayed there a year ago -- the fire alarm went off during his stay (his only stay) .. I was up in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and chose to stay at the Hilton across the street while a friend chose the Sheraton (free nights via points) --- the fire alarm went off at 4 in the morning ...

There is either way to many fires there, the fire alarms there are on the fritz, or it's just one hell of a coincidence .. =)
Old Jun 20, 2001, 1:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I like the Sheraton in Toronto, but agree the fire alarms are an issue. I stayed there a number of times during November - January and the fire alarms went off on 3 separate occasions, once at 1:00 AM. All false alarms of course, but it does seem very unusual.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Well at least I haven't had the fire alarm problem yet! But the weirdest thing happened tonight...

I was watching TV in my room (and BTW, this hotel has got to have the smallest TV I have ever seen...maybe 19" if that), at it was on the swivel base that lets you pull it forward and swing it around. So it was pulled out, perched over the edge of the dresser.

Well, CRASH! The TV fell to the floor unprovoked and the whole swivel unit broke in two, screws all over the place. Maybe that was a sign that I shouldn't spend all my time in my hotel watching TV! Luckily the TV didn't break, so my night wasn't ruined

Received no call from the front desk regarding a room reassignment due to the noise. I was out most of the day and didn't have time to elevate the situation. The GM is getting a call tomorrow morning.

WNLuvr

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 06-20-2001).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.