Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]

Old Jul 10, 2001, 5:46 pm

Programs: Various
Sheraton Centre Toronto?

Hi,

I have just booked to stay at the above hotel and have a couple of questions:-

a) What is the hotel like, location, facilities etc
b) What can I expect as a Starwood Gold member?

Am i right in saying that UK AmEx Centurion Cardholders get Starwood Platinum? What can I expect as a Starwood Platinum member?

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jul 11, 2001, 2:31 am

I'm just back from a 10 day stay at the Sheraton Centre Toronto.

As a Gold member I was "upgraded" to the Starrwood preferred guest floor (24th floor) which was no different to the other rooms that colleagues were in on other floors.

Saying that, I wasn't really expecting a "real" upgrade so I was not dissapointed.

The room itself was fine although the TV looked a little old fashioned. Seeing some of the lower floors I suspected that the hotel could do with some renovation in some places.

It is possible to eat quite cheaply on site if you are not looking for haute cuisine.

As for location, you are a few minutes walk from the Eaton Centre, the metro, city hall etc - you couldn't be more central. The airport bus takes you directly to and from the hotel.

Enjoy your stay.

Stephen
Old Jul 19, 2001, 10:42 pm

I just returned from a conference at the Sheraton Centre Hotel. Very busy hotel with lots of conferences being held there. Hotel connects to underground shopping and restaurants. Good location, just a few minutes walk to the theatre,(saw Lion King) shopping, CN Tower, Chinatown and lots of other sites and attractions. I was on the 39th floor, (34th thru 42nd floors are club floors). The 43rd floor is glass enclosed with great views of the city and complimentary breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres are served here for club floor guest. Hotel also has a health club and pool. I really enjoyed the location and the lively hotel!!
Old Jul 19, 2001, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
I also got "upgraded" to the 24th floor (SPG) and was unimpressed. The room was next to a noisy stairway and the circa-1984 television crashed off it's platform one evening.

I will say my room did have a nice view of the CN Tower. It's connection to the PATH underground shopping mall was nice. But the Sheraton Centre Toronto is in every way nothing more than a typical "business" hotel.

To add to Scarlett's note about the Lion King, if you're into theatre you have to check out T.O. Tickets at the Eaton Centre. You can get day-of tickets to many shows for half price. You can take the PATH through the Bay to Eaton Centre. I believe the T.O. Tix shop is towards the north end near Eaton's.

WNLuvr

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old Aug 31, 2001, 1:56 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
In my experience, it's a pretty busy hotel, especially in the fall and spring. It's well located, but very busy, and I've never had much luck with upgrades, even as a Platinum.

On the other hand, the Westin Harbour Castle is a bit out of the way, but not quite the convention type hotel that THe Center is.
Old Aug 31, 2001, 2:48 am

I spent 10 nights at teh Sheraton Centre Toronto in July. I was "upgraded" (ha-ha) as a gold to the "Starwood Preferred Floor" - which was no differnet from any other floor but still good.

My room was a good size - my bed was enormous and I never had any problems. There is a network of shops and fast food places under the hotel and you can directly enter the Bay Department store without going outside.

Stephen
Old Aug 31, 2001, 10:09 am
T3

Even in September it will be too early for a ice skating rink across the street at City Hall. The location is great. You can easily walk to the entertainment distict and main downtown shopping area. The hotel connecs to underground shopping areas so that you can stay inside and walk to miles to stores, restaurants, and such. You can also connect to the subway if you want to travel further. If you have a car, park across the street under City Hall and walk into the hotel from the second level of parking. The hotel does have valet parking but it's more expensive.

Le Biftheque is a steak house within the hotel and there are many up scale restaurants within a couple of blocks of hotel.

As for rooms, they're pretty standard even when you get upgraded. The view is either north (across Queen St. to City Hall) or south toward the rest of downtown and the lake.

All in all - a big convention hotel with all the amenities and central location.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 6:30 pm

Info re Sheraton Centre Toronto

Booked into this Sheraton for 4 nights the end of this June. Would appreciate any recommendations regarding this property. We are hoping to avoid convention crowds as we will be there over Canada Day and 4th of July week. If not, I assume preferred check in will speed the process up.

This will be our first trip to Toronto and we are really looking forward to it. All information is appreciated.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 9:01 am

I have only been there for conventions, but, the hotel is quite large. Very nice indoor/outdoor pool. Try to get a room overlooking the park/government center if a view is important. Not much else I recall (jeez, my memory must be going or all the hotels are beginning to blend together!). Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 15, 2002, 1:23 pm

Is a nice hotel. Have been pleased with all stays there. The club level rooms are nice, not overly large. The club lounge on the top floor is nice too. Good location. Enjoy.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 11:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Just got back from there ... very nice hotel.

Was pre-blocked Club Level. Asked and received a suite upgrade, despite the hotel being nearly sold out. (Got the last suite.) On the 38th floor, overlooking the lake.

Nice rooms. High speed access available, nice workspace, laser printer in suite.

Old Jun 24, 2002, 5:27 am

I am a littl suprised that the hotel told the guy he could pay for a late check out or leave. When i checked in there( i have only stayed there twice) they were very nice. One time i wanted to use points to upgrade to a club level, its the only time a hotel has actually collected points from me when i asked for a club level room( I am Gold). But they gave a me a wonderful room in the corner, and i LOVE the view from their club level lounge. I also like how you have acess to the understand from the hotel. I remember they were supposed to have a seperate recption area for the Club Level which was closed
Old Jun 24, 2002, 5:40 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
They were very nice about upgrades when I checked in. I was with a colleague (non-status) and they generously upgraded her to a club level without my asking.

Unfortunately, they screwed up and forgot to note that it was a complimentary upgrade. It took some effort in the a.m. to get the charge corrected.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Sheraton Montreal is notorious for not providing SPG benefits. Too bad the Westin in no longer operating in Montreal. As for the Sheraton in Toronto, it is one of the best located hotels in the city for getting to various sites without having to rely on cars, taxis or even public transit. One can walk to just about every major city centre venue, and even down to the lakeshore to catch a ferry to the Island. And if it is too hot, it is linked by underground pedways to most of the major shopping malls and office towers. Or to the subway if you feel a walk up to Bloor Street is a bit too far in the heat.

If you clarify a few of your personal interests, I will be pleased to post a few suggestions about places and events you should try to get to while here. Will you be here with childen? Do museums and art galleries interest you? Do you like drinking craft beers? Have you considered a drive out to Niagara Falls for a day?
Old Jun 25, 2002, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Since the sun is shining bright, and the mercury has topped 30-degrees [80-degrees American], the essential guide to Toronto this weekend follows:

The best place to enjoy craft beer during the heat of summer is at the new Steam Whistle Brewery, which is located at the foot of the CN Tower, behind the Metro Convention Centre, next to the SkyDome, in a restored railway roundhouse. For two dollars, you get a tour, a tasting glass [to take home], and all the cold, fresh lager you can drink. From the Westin, this will be a jog westward once you cross under the Gardner Expressway on your way up Bay or York Street. Just follow along the side of the Air Canada Place -- their brewpub is only open during the Raptors or Leafs season -- until you see the roundhouse over the grassy knoll.

Three blocks east down Richmond Street from the Sheraton, you will find Dennison's/Growler's Brewpub, at Victoria St. Well made German style pilsners and heavy lagers, and reasonable food if you need something to fill your stomach.

If eating or drinking at the Sheraton, or anywhere else, try Sleeman's Steam Ale or Upper Canada Lager. Also very good in draft is Creemore Lager, or anything from Amsterdam Brewery.

You can taste Amsterdam's entire range if you hop on the King Street car and head west, one stop before Bathurst, to the brewery itself. They used to have very good bistro food, but the beer business has grown so successful, they're down to a bar and a couple of tables, with light munchies.

Unfortunately, the beer at SkyDome is bland Labatt's or Molson's.

You and your wife can spend a whole day, and evening, up along Bloor Street, starting with the ROM, and then heading over to Bloor, Yorkville and Cumberland for restaurants, shops and whatever... Just hop on the TTC subway at Queen and University, and ride north three stops to Museum. If it is not too hot, the walk up University can be pleasant, with a stop at Queen's Park [the legislature building] and then past the University of Toronto campus to the Museum. [A two-block detour westward at Dundas will get you to the Art Gallery of Ontario, and if you keep walking westward, you'll hit Chinatown.]

For more interesting shopping and street sights, head out the hotel westward along Queen Street. This is the "hippest" shopping corridor in the city centre, and there are lots of pleasant sidewalk cafés for coffee and more beer. When you hit Spadina Avenue, head northward and you will be in Chinatown [again].

So do enjoy your time in TO. Just don't step on any of the dozens of people who live rough on our downtown streets...

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 06-25-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.