Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Chicago Mag Mile (Master Thread)

Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening Oct '18. Cat 4.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...cago-mag-mile/

"Aloft Mag Mile embodies artistic roots, built on the former site of Chicago’s Contemporary Museum of Art, to help travelers “color outside the lines” of other more traditional hotels. Aloft Mag Mile offers easy breezy access to the entire area but is light-years from tradition. Abuzz with the energy of discovery and interaction, this bold new lodging alternative will surely inspire guests to explore the namesake thoroughfare. Just steps from Chicago’s famous Magnificent Mile, (the shopping, cultural, and professional hub of Chicago), Aloft Chicago Mag Mile is a vibrant new hotel that moves to the beat of its guests. Walk through Chicago’s architectural heritage, world-class shopping, spectacular nightlife and entertainment—all part of the Mag Mile experience."
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
0.8 miles from the other Aloft! But I guess there is a CY on every corner too it seems...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Aloft Chicago Mag Mile is on the same block as Hotel EMC2, Autograph Collection — almost (but not quite) directly across the street.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile is also on the same block.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Officially open. Marriott press release:

Chicago?s Newest Hotel, Aloft Chicago Mag Mile, Opens on Museum of Contemporary Art?s Original Site with Art-Infused Design | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

The newly-built hotel from Marriott International’s tech-savvy and design-forward brand Aloft, features 337 urban-inspired guestrooms and just over 5,600 square feet of creative, art-inspired meeting spaces, making this the largest Aloft property in North America. Guests will enjoy amenities such as Splash, the indoor pool perched atop the hotel on the 19th floor; Aloft’s signature W XYZ® Bar with an extensive cocktail menu and regular live music programming; Re:fuel by Aloft℠, serving up delicious gourmet-grab-and-go options around the clock; and the state-of-the-art Re:charge fitness center. This property is the first urban example of the updated brand design vision, reflecting Aloft’s history and evolution as a future-focused brand for how tech-savvy, global travelers want hotels to be.

The hotel’s 337 guestrooms feature 65-inch LED televisions, plush platform beds, in-room mini refrigerators, custom Aloft bath amenities by Bliss® Spa, and walk-in showers with rainfall showerheads. Accommodation choices range from king and double queen rooms to one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites, all with complimentary, fast internet access.

Since the property occupies the site of the original location of the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA), the hotel’s atmosphere is infused with art – recalling the acclaimed gallery shows the museum once hosted there. (more about the art in the press release). Just as art is a part of the hotel’s DNA, so is music – something that is reflected in the new design on display at Aloft Chicago Mag Mile, with features such as built-in outlets for amps and microphones.

As a further commitment to rising musicians, Aloft’s annual Project: Aloft Star global talent competition is aimed at discovering the world’s hottest new music acts. This year’s winner – who will win the chance to record a single with Universal Music Group at Capitol Records – will be playing at the hotel’s grand opening event on November 7. On November 8, the hotel will play host to an event on the Future of Music in partnership with The Verge, where attendees can find out about the latest technology transforming the music industry and enjoy a performance from Chicago electronic music trio Autograf.

In honor of the grand opening of Aloft Chicago Mag Mile there is a special offer of 20% off accommodations through December 30, 2018. Rates start from $149 nightly* and can be booked here or by calling 888-627-8121 and referencing the grand opening rates."
Old May 6, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
Any visit reports for this property?
Old May 6, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
I stayed here back in February.

Opted for free breakfast as a Titanum, and was given a $25-ish daily credit to their breakfast area, which was enough to get a breakfast bowl for me and my wife. Nothing special was offered to me as an elite beyond what was required by program rules.

They advertised having live music every Friday and Saturday in the lobby. Pool and fitness area were on the top floor, which offered a nice view of the skyline. Most rooms have minimal exterior window(s) and very few of the rooms have any “good view”, so don’t expect to see anything of the Chicago Sklyline from your room unless you splurge for a premium room. (No I did not get an upgrade to one).

Service was ok. Friendly but aloof, so typical Aloft. I was staying with a second person, and for some odd reason there was only one full size towel in the room when I checked in. Immediately called down, and clerk said one would be right up. Went out to dinner and can back a few hours later, no towel. Called down again, told the same. Two hours later went down to speak with the manager, and towel was finally sent up 5 min later.

The biggest draw for me was price and location. I would probably go back if the price was right, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to pick this hotel over another if all else were equal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.