Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Updates on this property?

I have an early departure from AMS, and is looking to stay at this property.

As a Plat, I believe I will get Club Lounge access.
But what is their latest lounge opening hours, and are they opened on weekends?

My departure from AMS is 8:05am, and I believe I should check out between 6:30am-7am, to avoid missing my luggage check-in.
Is the lounge opened by then, and can I grab a quick breakfast bite?

What about their evening canapes? What time does it start and end?

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It stays open fairly late for drinks, but I don't remember the hours for the finger food. Since they change the hours often, it's best to give them a call and ask the current hours.

Without baggage and with elite status or business class I've left the hotel 15 minutes before boarding time and been ok. But with bags and if you do not have status, you should leave fairly early.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The lounge is open everyday.

I think the typically basic food is available from 6pm to 8pm with drinks going on until about 9:30 to 10pm.

You can eat breakfast in the restaurant (I have never eaten breakfast in the lounge). It opens at 6:00 am. You easily have enough time to have a quick breakfast and make an 08:05 flight. I often take an 07:55 flight.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:25 am

Having stayed there a few weeks ago:

You'll have time for breakfast, but the breakfast in the lounge is extremely low grade and verging on inedible. The Sheraton Paris CDG lounge does better food, and that's saying something.

Nice drinks on offer though, including Dutch/North European sodas (sparkling iced tea, cassis, etc).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You can eat breakfast in the restaurant (I have never eaten breakfast in the lounge). It opens at 6:00 am. You easily have enough time to have a quick breakfast and make an 08:05 flight. I often take an 07:55 flight.
Thanks for all the various updates!

Just a qn on the above, for breakfast in the restaurant, do you use your Plat amenity, or that is always included as an option to Plats - Lounge breakfast or breakfast in Restaurant?

Anyone has any idea on the opening time for Club Lounge?
I tend to check out at Club Lounge if it is opened.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Thanks for all the various updates!

Just a qn on the above, for breakfast in the restaurant, do you use your Plat amenity, or that is always included as an option to Plats - Lounge breakfast or breakfast in Restaurant?

Anyone has any idea on the opening time for Club Lounge?
I tend to check out at Club Lounge if it is opened.
I have always had the points plus breakfast in the restaurant.

I think it normally opens at 07:00 although I don't use the lounge for breakfast, I haven't seen anyone manning a desk in the lounge when I have been there.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
I have always had the points plus breakfast in the restaurant.

I think it normally opens at 07:00 although I don't use the lounge for breakfast, I haven't seen anyone manning a desk in the lounge when I have been there.
I've also always received points and eaten breakfast in the restaurant. I can be hectic in there, but there's no comparison in food choices.

The only time I've seen someone at the lounge desk is in the evening.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know what the policy is here to involuntary airline cancellations? My flight tonight was cancelled so I have abandoned my trip but it was too late according to the formal cancellation policy to avoid a penalty.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Anyone know what the policy is here to involuntary airline cancellations? My flight tonight was cancelled so I have abandoned my trip but it was too late according to the formal cancellation policy to avoid a penalty.
My circumstances were slightly different (I cancelled a pre-paid rate on the day due to illness) but the hotel was kind enough to allow me to rebook within 6 months of original stay.

Can't hurt to ask!

Chris
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:43 am

I imagine that you should be able to claim it from your travel insurance or from the airline as it has nothing to do with the hotel
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruising
I imagine that you should be able to claim it from your travel insurance or from the airline as it has nothing to do with the hotel
I agree it is. Nothing to do with the hotel but as a regular customer who stays there several times a year I do expect a little understanding when circumstances well beyond my control mean that I am unable to travel. The last flight of the day which I was on was cancelled and I ended up picking up a more expensive hotel in London as well which I will claim from the airline or my insurance.

I agree the hotel is under no obligation to allow cancellation 2 hours after the cancellation window closed but I would expect more consideration than this as a repeat guest. It is very easy for them to check that my flight was genuinely cancelled and it is fairly typical for airport hotels to apply broad discretion in such cases.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, SK Diamond, Finnair Gold, BA Silver
Hors d'oeuvres

Staying here now. Finger-food in the lounge is 6pm to 9pm, with drinks starting an hour earlier. Selection is perfectly allright - your usual chicken wings, cheese, coldcuts and salad/veggie sticks.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:18 am
Company Representative - Starwood Area Manager the Netherlands

I agree it is. Nothing to do with the hotel but as a regular customer who stays there several times a year I do expect a little understanding when circumstances well beyond my control mean that I am unable to travel. The last flight of the day which I was on was cancelled and I ended up picking up a more expensive hotel in London as well which I will claim from the airline or my insurance.

I agree the hotel is under no obligation to allow cancellation 2 hours after the cancellation window closed but I would expect more consideration than this as a repeat guest. It is very easy for them to check that my flight was genuinely cancelled and it is fairly typical for airport hotels to apply broad discretion in such cases.
Dear Land-of-Miles

Please send me a PM with your reservation details and I'll look into it.

Warm regards and have a nice weekend

Kurt Renold
Area Manager Starwood Hotels The Netherlands
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Staying here for 1 night on an award stay (mid-week). Am PLT. Get in about 8 pm and flight is noon next day. I don't need the fanciest room for a short stay, but can I expect club level under these circumstances? Be nice to have the food. tls
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Well, let me answer my own questions. I had an excellent experience at this hotel. First, for someone just in transit, the location is excellent. I was arrived at the hotel at about 825 pm, and with a noon flight the next day, just wanted an airport hotel. This was a 5 minute walk from Customs, and you never had to leave the building.

The front desk was great. They thanked me for being PLT, and noted that I was being upgraded to an executive floor (wasn't sure that would happen on an award stay), and also told me that for wifi I should accept the charges, but that they would be removed at check-out. It's nice to be told this without having to ask. They also told me about the Club Lounge, which had food until 9 (and actually it was there a bit later), and drinks until later. The food was the nicest spread I've seen at one of these lounges. They also told me that for breakfast I could eat in the lounge or restaurant. I choose the latter, and it was terrific. Lots of choices, both European and US style.

The room I had was big. I'm accustomed to smaller rooms in Europe, but this was larger than many US rooms I've stayed in.

All in all a terrific experience; I would certainly stay here again. tls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.