Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Fitness Facility Closed Every First Monday

The first Monday of the month, the hotel's fitness facility is closed. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]

Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, *W Plat., AA Gold, Hertz PC
I have stayed at this hotel a lot this year (40+ nights). Have always taken a cab from ICN and never had a problem.

J
Old Jul 21, 2005, 7:27 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by LATV
I have stayed at this hotel three times and have contacted the hotel and have had them arrange for their car service to pick me up. They met me after leaving customs and had me checked with my key when I entered the car. It was about the same price as a taxi. Excellent service at this hotel.
The hotel quoted me 120,000 KRW (about 116 USD) for an airport pickup. Is this really what a taxi would cost? How about the limosine mentioned in an earlier posting. Where do you get it, how often does it run, and what does it cost? Anyone know?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:12 am
DH

Your least expensive option would be KAL limosine bus. The buses (sky blue color) runn every 15-30min from/to the airport. It cost 12,000 KRW and goes around hotels. After you clear the immigration and custom, look for ground trasnportation/Bus sign; there is an area where all of the buses depart.

http://www.airport.or.kr/Eng/transportation/bus.jsp

You purchase the ticket from an agent and make sure to get on to the one marked City Hall/Westin Chosen/(Seoul) Plaza Hotel/Lotte Hotel line.

BTW, bus driver/agent will help you with luggages.

On your return, you can purchase the ticket at the hotels' front desk (you can room charge for extra pts).

If you need an mobile phone, rent it at the airport; the rates were 3,000 KRW/day + 300 KRW/min (incoming calls are fee). The hotel charges 10,000 KRW/day + useage.

Sorry, I didn't read OP's question carefully.

Last edited by DH; Jul 21, 2005 at 4:41 pm
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1k, *W Plat., AA Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DH
If you need an mobile phone, rent it at the airport; the rates were 3,000 KRW/day + 300 KRW/min (incoming calls are fee). The hotel charges 1,000 KRW/day + useage.
Actually if you are staying at the Chosun you get a mobile phone in your room and there is no daily charge (at least if you get an Executive Room, which I would recommend).

J
Old Jul 21, 2005, 11:01 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
mobile phone

Originally Posted by DH
If you need an mobile phone, rent it at the airport; the rates were 3,000 KRW/day + 300 KRW/min (incoming calls are fee). The hotel charges 1,000 KRW/day + useage.

Thanks to everyone for the above information on transportation.

Is there any advantage to the mobile rented at the airport over the hotel mobile? I sometimes receive automated incoming calls that a hotel operator would not recognize, so a direct line would be most useful.

Last edited by ajnaro; Jul 21, 2005 at 11:05 am
Old Jul 21, 2005, 11:43 am
DH

Originally Posted by jmilliken
Actually if you are staying at the Chosun you get a mobile phone in your room and there is no daily charge (at least if you get an Executive Room, which I would recommend).

J
Sounds like no fee rental is one of the Executive Room benefit; I didn't stay at Executive Room.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
PLAT Treatment at Westin Chosun Seoul

I'm on the verge of Platinum (23 stays) with a vacation coming up to Seoul. I will make PLAT by EOY, no problem so I dont plan on a "mattress run"

I have 2 more trips before I go to Korea, both places are ~ 40 miles from the nearest *wood. So in essence, I could make PLAT before I go to Korea, with a little bit of extra hassle and inconvenience.

So could anyone comment on the PLAT treatment at the Westin Chosun Seoul? Suites? Free Breakfast? Is it worth the hassle beforehand compared to how I'll be treated as a GOLD?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by worldbanker
However, the Westin rooms were smaller but very well appointed and Club was better along with free Internet access computer in room!
If they dont have a room on Club floor to upgrade me , will I still get free internet as a Platinum ? My reservation for a deluxe room says "high speed internet access for a fee"

Last edited by mario33; Sep 26, 2005 at 11:13 am
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
Originally Posted by mario33
If they dont have a room on Club floor to upgrade me , will I still get free internet as a Platinum ? My reservation for a deluxe room says "high speed internet access for a fee"
I was on a non-Club floor room as a gold and got a room with a PC with high speed internet access, so if all you need to do is check web sites, you'll be fine. Maybe you can hook your laptop up with the room's computer ethernet cable re-routed to your laptop
Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Working on a full trip report which will be posted in the appropriate forum on Flyertalk, but in the meantime, I'm posting my experience with this Starwood property.

We go to check-in and we were using one of my partners free nights (hes Gold). They said that they had upgraded us to a preferred guest floor and gave us access to the lounge. Although, they were very confused about the two of us and one bed Im sure that we all broke some laws in Korea that night. We go upstairs and have a wonderful room that overlooks the front of the hotel. This hotel room reminded me a lot of the rooms at the Westin in Sydney,Australia lots of light colored wood beautiful. By the way, there were still Christmas lights everywhere in Korea and Ive never seen such spectacular displays in all of my life. The room was well stocked with Aveda bath products. The mini bar was spectacular but one of the most expensive Ive ever seen. We went to the lounge it was still open but they were no longer serving drinks or food.

We popped open the bottle of wine (there was also a bowl of fruit and some complimentary waters for us in the room). We discovered that the hotel had a wonderful in-house communication system you could order room service from the computer, send messages, etc. etc.

I convinced my partner to go with me to the club room for breakfast (hes not much of a breakfast person) We had one of the best breakfasts that weve had in our lives. They had a full American breakfast buffet. Even the eggs were great they had cooked what looked to be a 40-egg omelet and then you could chop off what you wanted. This resulted in eggs that were done but still moist on the inside. In addition, there were tons of exotic fruits and Korean delicacies, including steamed dumplings soups. They had an automated espresso, caffe latte machine that I wanted to take home. We both ate until we were miserable.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigjim
We go to check-in and we were using one of my partners free nights (hes Gold). They said that they had upgraded us to a preferred guest floor and gave us access to the lounge.
This must be one of the very few SPG properties that gives lounge access for Gold members ^
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This must be one of the very few SPG properties that gives lounge access for Gold members ^
As a Gold I used *points to upgrade to the executive club level (1500 per night I think??)- no access without it in my 2005 trips. It is an excellent hotel BTW- one of the best *woods. The breakfast, as mentioned, is great. Service exceptional- they even booked another hotel for me in Pusan as the Westin is not in the centre of town- very good service.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Not so sure....they were aware that I was platinum - so that might have made a difference.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond, SPG Gold (lifetime)
Originally Posted by billiam
I was on a non-Club floor room as a gold and got a room with a PC with high speed internet access, so if all you need to do is check web sites, you'll be fine. Maybe you can hook your laptop up with the room's computer ethernet cable re-routed to your laptop
I have stayed at the Choson a lot over the past 4 years. First started without any SPG status and now have been platinum for the last 3 years.

If you are at least a Gold, the hotel staff will bend over backwards for you. Once I did not get an Executive room and they not only gave me internet access, they put all of the other amenities in my room including a PC and printer/fax.

I love the location of the hotel - close to Myongdong, the palaces and the subway. Plus it is in the financial district where I work when I'm there. One of my Korean counterparts always stays at the Shilla and it is a nice hotel, but like the Hyatt not a very central location. Even further away from everything are the hotels south of the Han River such as the W.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
I'm headed here in a couple weeks for a brief (one night) visit. I get into ICN at 4:30pm and leave the next day at about the same time. Can anyone recommend the quickest/cheapest transportation to and from the airport (and I know those might be two different modes). Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.