Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[NEW] Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables, Miami, FL, Opened June 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat

The property opens in June 2015. This will be a nice addition, imo, if only because the nearby Colonnade is desperately in need of a refurb.

The location near Merrick Park is nice.

This, with the two new SB hotels, will help to give SPG better coverage in MIA. Now, here's to hoping they open some properties in Palm Beach County
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:48 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by drewp123
The property opens in June 2015. This will be a nice addition, imo, if only because the nearby Colonnade is desperately in need of a refurb.

The location near Merrick Park is nice.

This, with the two new SB hotels, will help to give SPG better coverage in MIA. Now, here's to hoping they open some properties in Palm Beach County
Supposed to open in July9. Only bookable from August 1. I called them a few weeks ago and they were waiting for a final inspection. Now the number is "no longer in service". Anyone know what's going on?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Had a nice stay here a week ago. Lovely service, very new hotel.

1- Rooms are nice albeit quite small (think NYC small). Still - because they are super new it is a pleasant place to stay. No Platinum upgrade was offered or mentioned
2- Nothing right near the hotel requires a 1 mile walk or short drive to either downtown Coral Gables or Coconut Grove (where there are plenty of restaurants).
3- Valet parking is too pricey.
4- Breakfast for platinums is buffet style and works for a day or two but they are quite insistent that an omelette will not be provided for free.
5- Front desk people are very nice and friendly.

If I had reason to be in this neck of the woods again I would consider this hotel. Primarily the locale is what stops me from guaranteeing it however (I prefer to be within walking distance to shops/restaurants).

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Nov 17, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.