Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Park Ridge, King of Prussia, PA [Master Thread]

Sheraton Park Ridge, King of Prussia, PA [Master Thread]

Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:48 pm

Programs: SWN, UAL, AA, DL
Thanks again for your help on the post. I wound up staying at what I think was an independent hotel called the Chester Inn in Exton. All I did was walk through the lobby and crash and burn. The hotel was old, but it was full service and seemed like it was happening. I got a good rate from the client.

However, thanks to your posts, I felt like I knew my way around. I received an intinerary the day before my departure and I found out then my meeting was at my client's office building rather than the Great Valley, so I wasn't going to be able to get away and check my e-mail anyway.

My colleagues were humdrum about the Sheraton Great Valley and they all travel constantly. We didn't get into the detials. I saw the Holiday Inn Express and it did look like it was in a good location, by the mall in Exton.

I was impressed with the morning traffic jams that you have in the local area. One wrong turn could cost you 15 minutes!

Thanks again.

Steve
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Sheraton Park Ridge Hotel at King of Prussia

Did anyone have a good or bad experience at the Sheraton Park Ridge Hotel? My worst pet peeve is a dirty property and so-so housekeeping, but I can tolerate an older but CLEAN hotel, with limited or older facilities.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; May 23, 2007 at 11:24 am
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, SPG - Plat, AA, UA, Marriott
I've stayed at the Park Ridge five times in the last year and overall it's pretty solid. As a Plat I've been put in a Club floor room every time and I've been given vouchers for the very extensive breakfast buffet and a $5 food and beverage credit for each night I've stayed here. The rooms are clean and the facilities are generally good. The outdoor pool is very pleasant in the summer.

Maintenance seems to be pretty good. On one stay I had a problem with the toilet flush that I forgot to mention when I went for breakfast. An hour later I'm back in the room and a plumber arrives to fix the toilet: he said that the maid had called him when she made up the room. Good save!

This is a conference hotel and can get pretty crowded and it looks like they do a lot of wedding business at the weekends, so it can get a bit noisy. The layout is sprawling: there are at least four wings of rooms though I've been put in the area closest to the reception every time.

The local area is pretty nondescript: there's nothing much within a mile except more hotels, business parks and the freeway exit. Valley Forge is nearby though and the King of Prussia Mall is a five minute drive.

Your rate looks OK for a midweek stay. If you're going for the weekend, check out the stay 3, get 1 free on SPG.com as the Park Ridge is often available on this deal.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:41 pm

Flyer Tuck is dead on. The rooms I've received are clean enough as I also don't like dirty hotels. Then again, I've rarely encountered a Sheraton room that was very dirty except for the Sheraton Colorado Springs many many years ago.

There is a small Club lounge for Platinum members on the top floor. One of the few that still serve free alchohol. Lousy health club with old equipment that I don't think anyone uses. Very good rate since this is a business hotel that is generally full and thus the rates are generally high.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:16 pm

Ok, I have a soft spot for this hotel as I had my wedding reception there 15 years ago when it was a Renaissance. I've been back a few times since, including about a year ago. Over the years it's changed names a few times and been remodelled inside.

To be honest, the property is "ok". There's nothing to complain about but there's nothing to rave about either. The location is great -- easy on and off the turnpike, rt 422, rt 23 etc. It's very close to the King of Prussia mall, a mother-load of a mall. It's also close to Valley Forge.

I've only ever stayed on the club floor, I think it's the 6th floor???? What can I say -- it's a decent enough property for a suburban location. The lobby could use a spruce-up and the over-all property layout is a bit odd but it's not offensive.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:05 pm

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and thought I would give it an updated review. Well, it hasn't changed. The ambiance of the hotel is tired and dated. The staff was pleasant enough.

Although our room was clean, room service trays were left in the hallway all weekend. The club level room isn't open on the weekends, so they gave us passes to the breakfast buffet. For $99/night we got what we paid for.

There is no sundry shop - just some vending machines. They have one internet computer that you can use for free. The fitness room is lame and the pool area sparse. This hotel could really use a face lift and some attention to detail.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Whoever said it's five mins from King of Prussia Mall probably doesn't realize there's an access right behind the hotel. You're <2 mins to the mall. On the way you pass a huge cinema complex, always showing the newest releases, and even has an IMAX screen if you have kids. (As I write this, "Superman Returns" is on the IMAX.) The mall is one of the largest and upscale in the Northeast and even though there's nothing at or around the hotel itself, the mall will provide endless eating opportunities, from food court to a rather nice Italian restaurant (whose main fault is poor stemware). Valley Forge is five miles away and has a great 6.2 miles loop for walking, jogging, biking, etc.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Any update from this place? Anyone?
Which hotel is the best; Park Ridge or Great Valley?
Old May 23, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: US Gold, NW Silver, MR Silver, SPG Gold & OpenTable VIP
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
The mall is one of the largest and upscale in the Northeast
Just to clarify, the KoP mall is the 2nd largest in the country.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Prussia_Mall
Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:14 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

yes updates anyone?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold; Aeroplan
I was just there the weekend of June 23-25 (long weekend where I am)...

My husband and I had an absolutely great experience.

First, we got a rate of $116 for a standard room (the next closest rate in the area I found was $199 at the Westin which is also a great rate but then you add parking and your toast).

Anyways, from the moment we got there the service was great. Automatically offered the Platinum amenity and an upgrade to a Club Level Room and since the Club level was closed for the weekend they gave us $10 to use in any restaurant for each night and also they gave us coupons for a free buffet breakfast.

The rooms themsleves are little wee bit tattered (cracked sink, old carpets, etc) but they were really clean which is what matters most to me.

On the first night we used our $10 coupon at Mad Anthony's (a Sports bar type place with a Karaoke machine - yikes!) and the waitress was nice but new and therefore quite slow. No biggie at all though. The bartender made great drinks... When they brought us the bill they knocked $20 off (using the $10 coupon once for each of us).

On the second night, the club floor was open and there were lost of different beers, juices, liquors and 4 types of wine to choose from. Also some basic hot hors d'oeuvres and pastries. The attendant encouraged everyone to take back drinks to their room and put our fridge to use. She was very friendly.

Overall, we had no stresses being out there. We spent the days in Philadelphia doing touristy stuff and a nice place only 20 mins away (at an awesome rate) to go back to.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:46 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by mtlfoodie
I was just there the weekend of June 23-25 (long weekend where I am)...
Overall, we had no stresses being out there. We spent the days in Philadelphia doing touristy stuff and a nice place only 20 mins away (at an awesome rate) to go back to.

Hope this helps.
Thank You for the feedback I will stay there now as I would assume the Plat treatment experience would be similar.Trip Advisor had some real slams on the property.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
I stayed at the Park Ridge June 11-13 and agree with what's written above. The rooms are old and not in the best condition, but they are clean. The service, though, is excellent. The front desk went out of their way to be helpful, and made me feel welcome. I'm (only) a Gold member, but I saw Plats get their welcome amenity both nights I was there.

They also have a free shuttle that took me from the hotel to the office park I was working at in Upper Merion. The driver said that the shuttle also serves the Mall and local restaurants, which is very convenient.

I'd recommend it as a good place to stay if you're in the King of Prussia area.

Bill
Old Jul 7, 2007, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/ SPG PLAT/ AA PLT / HERTZ PC
I stayed there for about 150 days for the past year. It is pretty much like my home.

Like everyone has said, the rooms are old, but clean. Ask for a room on the fifth floor or sixth floor. Those are significantly larger, and you also get free bottled water and extra bathroom kits. The club floor is nice, with free juices, beers, wines, and other liquor. During the weekdays they have regular refreshments and desserts, mostly cheesecakes, cheese, fruits, cookies etc. There is a microwave there too, but the glass top has broken recently. If they still haven't fixed it, then they probably are hiding the microwave in the storage room / kitchen. Just ask for it if you want to use it.

On some occasional Wednesdays, they have a chef cooking there. I had some lamb chops and some beef plates. It was pretty good, saved me the trouble going for dinner. :P

The staff is very friendly, probably because I already know pretty much everyone there.

The only complain is that the hotel is old. Things do break from time to time, including the bathtub, sinks, toilet, internet, tv...pretty much everything you could imagine had broken at least once during my stays. But then, if something bad happens, they will give you starwood points as their "service promise".

Suites are rare to get. I only got the suites for two times I think. But they are pretty nice.

The free breakfast is excellent too. I just need to keep telling myself not to eat too much otherwise I'll put on weight. :P
Old May 28, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: * A
Any new updates on the property?

I am planning on chosing this place for next 3/4 weeks of my traveling to the KoP area. I will post my take if and when I complete my first stay at the property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.