Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hotel Bogota [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nov11
Takes about 40-50 minutes to get to El Dorado Airport and cost around 270,000-300,000 COP to the airport (via Uber or taxi). Very convenient to restaurants in the Usaquén districts (5 minutes walk).
Is that right? 270000 Colombian Peso equals 92.45340 US Dollar!!!!!!! Think you have too many zeros :P

Last edited by AndrewT84; Oct 26, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Is that right? 270000 Colombian Peso equals 92.45340 US Dollar!!!!!!! Think you have too many zeros :P
Currency fluctuations

But yes, I had one too many zeroes! Same problem when I was in Seoul whilst paying for my cab. I was like $100 USD for a cab ride until I realized it was only $10!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
It's located in the upscale Usaquén district of Bogota with Hacienda Santa Barbara right across from the street. It's surrounded by a few new office buildings. Takes about 40-50 minutes to get to El Dorado Airport and cost around 270,000-300,000 COP to the airport (via Uber or taxi). Very convenient to restaurants in the Usaquén districts (5 minutes walk).
The taxi to the airport usually goes between COP 23k and 28k. It does take around one hour in non-peak hours during the day. From 7-9am and 5-7pm or rainy days, it takes between 1:20 and 1:40 (Bogota traffic sucks). All Uber (the normal one, not UberX) rides from this area to the airport cost exactly 40k.

Usaquen is well known for its restaurants. There are lots of good (and expensive) restaurants. IMO don't walk to/from after 7pm. It's better to take a taxi even if it's -that- close to the hotel.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
I don't know if this is a good deal or not @ the W Bogota but I just booked a online promotion with them for $114.00/night upcoming January.

Prolly worth checking out for those coming to Bogota early next year

Did you guys have to pay VAT? If not how did you guys get exempted?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by supatight80
I don't know if this is a good deal or not @ the W Bogota but I just booked a online promotion with them for $114.00/night upcoming January.
Rate code and/or details, please.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by supatight80

Prolly worth checking out for those coming to Bogota early next year

Did you guys have to pay VAT? If not how did you guys get exempted?
A great deal. Depends if you use a corporate rate. If you are just using the best available rate, then no VAT as long as your passport is stamped for tourist purposes. You'll have to ask them to take it off when you check out.

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Rate code and/or details, please.
I've seen those prices a few times and my stay in October was less than $100 (it really depends on the day - some days it's $250 and the next is $100).
Old Feb 20, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Had a great stay at the W Bogota ... your24 was confirmed and marvelous suite was available at 10 am (reservation reflected suite upgrade 3 days prior), friendly staff all around (front desk, concierge, spa, restaurant), small welcome amenity in room (3 bottled beers).

The only issue I had was during check out - 16% IVA tax was included on both my bill and my friends room although we are exempt, make sure if you're a non-Colombian resident they don't include the tax on your bill!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:06 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Swank style, amazing concierge team, service & air con, but major F&B issues

W Bogota Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

W Bogota Hotel

Avenida Carrera 9, #115 - 06 Bogota, CO

Swank style, amazing concierge team, service & air con, but major F&B issues (6 Photos)

W Bogota Hotel

My friend and I stayed at the W Bogota for 4 nights this past weekend. We would have considered the new Four Seasons Casa Medina property, but it lacks air con. Overall, the W Bogota is an excellent property with swank, eclectic rooms/suites, ana amazing concierge team, great air con, but major issues with its F&B team--both in the restaurant and with room service.

Check In

Check in took longer than it should because of a needless line and people seemingly "hanging out" by the check in desks. Once I got to the desk, however, check in was quick and easy. A bellman actually noticed me coughing while waiting, and offered me some water--a very nice touch.

Room

The Marvelous Suite is very nice, with spacious living room and desk, a separate entry bathroom with toilet and sink, and a spacious bedroom with bath area and closet space. It is weird tohave the bedroom and bath areas open to one another, but as I was alone in my room it wasn't an issue. It would be an issue were I traveling with my husband.

The entrance:

20160225_173529.jpg

20160225_173608.jpg

20160225_173554.jpg

The bedroom:

20160225_173718.jpg

The bath:

20160225_173730.jpg

My friend's corner room was laid out similar to my spacious bedroom/bath area...but without the closet. That would be more than sufficient for one person, IMO.

PLUS: Air con worked great. Very stylish suite/rooms. Big TVs in both living room and bedroom. Wifi was very fast. Bed was super comfortable. Bath products. Nice water pressure for shower.

CON: No electrical outlets by either side of the bed--a big no-no.

I also had a lovely welcome gift from my Ambassador:

20160225_174249.jpg

Service

Service generally was outstanding, including concierge, bar, and general. The Concierge team may have been the best I've ever experienced at any hotel in any city anywhere! That's saying something, considering I usually stay at St. Regis, Four Seasons, Aman, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz Carlton, Luxury Collection,etc. type properties!

Service with the restaurant was TERRIBLE on our first morning breakfast--so bad that we did not return at all. Missed orders, long waits, missed requests, one after another, it was terrible.

Service with room in room dining was POOR, but it did get better. For breakfast, service was consistently POOR--missed orders, incorrect orders, missed items, etc. I called to complain and got my first breakfast comp'd after they delivered only half the order and got even that wrong! Dining in room almost always took exactly 35 min, and often my meal was only warm to lukewarm, never hot. For dinner room service on our last night (while watching Oscars), delivery was prompt, food was warm to hot, and the order was spot-on. Makes me wonder if they aren't well managed for breakfast room service but are better equipped for dinner room service.

My friend consistenty had in room dining orders take up to 1 hour. They also erred on numerous details on his orders (all for breakfast).

In room dining service for breakfast, and restaurant breakfast service, seems to be a big issue for this hotel. Management needs to address this..and stat.

Dining

Again, we dined in the restaurant only for our first breakfast, which was a disaster (see service). But the food was good!

I had in room dining for breakfast the rest of my 3 mornings. The first was another disaster, where they forgot items and got the items wrong they brought! The second and third in room breakfast were better, but they still missed little things (no hot milk for coffee, no extra ice, Swiss cheese instead of cheddar) consistently...and food was warm to barelylukewarm. Food tasted good, though.

I had in room dining for dinner formy last night--and it was perfect.

Food and beverage for the restaurant and in room dining for breakfast needs a LOT of work to be brought up to standard for W.

The bar service and drinks were fantastic.

Location was pretty good...about 30-45 min drive from-to airport, depending on time of day. The best restaurants were closer to the FS Casa Medina, and took about 20-30 min drive. There were many nice restaurants in our vicinity, but the very best were closer to the FS. For our city tour, it didn't feel like we traveled too long to get anywhere, though we had better traffic conditions on a weekend. For a weekday, traffic is a mess and will be a big factor.

Overall

Overall, we loved the W and were very impressed, barring the room service and restaurant problems. They should install electrical outlets by the beds, though! We'd stay here again.

Swank style, amazing concierge team, service & air con, but major F&B issues

Would you like to write a review on the W Bogota Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just checked in. Cost 38,000 pesos via Uber Black to the hotel from the airport (about $13 USD) and took less than 30 minutes without traffic (shocked there was no traffic).

Was upgraded to a Fantastic Suite which is a nice large loft style suite. Check in was super friendly and fast. I went to the bar tonight and had a few drinks. Loud club style music with DJs but you could chat at the bar. Martinis were about $10 ea. Beer is cheap-ish in comparison.

Room has a comfy bed and has an iron and safe and huge bathtub. The lighting leaves a lot to be desired, took me 10 minutes to figure it all out. But otherwise I'm pretty happy. Left a plate of fruit as Plat amenity. Only 2 small bottles of free water. Hopefully they refill daily.

I used the book 2 get 3 rate (Z3H) and it only cost me $80 USD + taxes. Can't beat that rate!

Haven't had breakfast or used the gym yet. Will report back re that. Sadly to get breakfast had to give up Plat 500 pt amenity.

Internet is decent but less than 5 Mpbs up/down. It's $12 a day (free for Platinums).
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Only 2 small bottles of free water. Hopefully they refill daily.
Try to request for extra bottles of water, see if there are any charges.

Sadly to get breakfast had to give up Plat 500 pt amenity.
Hopefully it's buffet breakfast like most Asian properties.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Try to request for extra bottles of water, see if there are any charges.

Hopefully it's buffet breakfast like most Asian properties.
They refill the two bottles of water daily. Still wish it was more than 2.

As for breakfast, it's a lovely full buffet with made to order omelettes, fresh fruits and fresh squeezed OJ.

The gym is decent too. Not the largest or best equipped I've seen but you can get a nice workout done in there. Pool is quite small however. Not really a place you want to sit and relax.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
They refill the two bottles of water daily. Still wish it was more than 2.

As for breakfast, it's a lovely full buffet with made to order omelettes, fresh fruits and fresh squeezed OJ.

The gym is decent too. Not the largest or best equipped I've seen but you can get a nice workout done in there. Pool is quite small however. Not really a place you want to sit and relax.
Sounds good, if only more bottles of water are available.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Used a SNA to get a Fantastic Suite. The room was very nice. Did not like the pillows all that much but that was the only shortcoming. The breakfast buffet was good. The restaurant has a separate vegetarian and vegan menu for dinner which can be requested. Food quality was good and the staff was very friendly and attentive as well. There are also a few smoothie bars and vegetarian restuarants within walking distance a few blocks north. The Sunday market with lots of local items is a few blocks away near Hacienda Santa Barbara. From 7AM-2PM on Sundays Carrera 7 is closed to cars which was great. There are free bike rentals at a few locations and a few miles down there were dance classes in the park and other things going on.

The pool is small but is actually a giant jacuzzi. The regular pool transforms into one so it was quite relaxing as the walls have steps to sit on complete with warm water jets.

The concierges were all really helpful.

VAT laws were changed a few months ago. Tax has to be paid now unless a package room rate is purchased.

To get Uber from the airport, you need to get it on the departure level.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Has anybody else had trouble getting the double points from AMEX at this hotel? My charge came through as S/BARBARA INVESTMENTS SUC COL - BOGOTA D.C. and thus AMEX did not recognize it as a Starwood hotel.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
VAT laws were changed a few months ago. Tax has to be paid now unless a package room rate is purchased.
Is that what they told you as justification for charging you IVA? The regulation has said that forever. It is not enforced and virtually all Colombian hotels waive it for tourists.

Add this property to the very small number of Colombian hotels that makes tourists pay IVA. (Hilton Bogota also does it.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.