Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:02 am

Location: Europe - LH Sen; BA Silver; US SPref; *wd Plat, Hilton Gld
Recent Experience with Sheraton Lisbon?

I am planning a weekend trip with some buddies to Lisbon and cannot find any recent reports on this property. I remember they had a manager who was active on the board. Does anyone have some recent experience with the hotel? It does not look all that convincing from the outside, but how is service and upgrade odds for a weekend in April. Thanks for any insight.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:16 am

Programs: Miles&More, Swiss, Privillege, SPG
Just have been there for a week. I can recommend the hotel but advice you to take the upgrade to the club floor! It's worth it since these rooms are newly renovated. the service is excellent and staff is very friendly. ^
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It has a big outdoors pool, probably the biggest in town. If you're going with friends then that may swing it for you. (There is nothing else that will.)

There is a good apartment-hotel in Lisbon that is smack in the middle of town. This is good value for a group of friends - you get a bedroom and a sofa-bed, plus a small kitchen. And there is a nice pool on the roof. See: http://www.viphotels.com/uk/index-uk.htm although you may find it easier to book through Expedia etc.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:20 am

Programs: CO Plat - AW Plat - AA Gold - SPG Plat - HH Gold - HY Gold - WBR - Alpha Phi Omega - GO CANES!
It's a decent place. You may have to remind them to upgrade you. Your checkin will be in the lounge and not at the front desk. The lounge has pretty good breakfast and the staff is pretty friendly.

There are some pics of a standard tower room on tourist from hell.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:05 am

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, US Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I stayed there one year ago with my wife and daughter on a very favorable internet rate. It took some doing, but I was able to negotiate a platinum upgrade to a beautiful suite overlooking the city.

The location is a bit removed from the shopping and tourist areas, but these are readily accessible by the Metro.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
No nonsmoking rooms??

I went to book a 34 day stay at this property and they have absolutely NO non-smoking rooms available according to the Platinum desk (even the business suites I may be upgraded to are smoking). Does everyone smoke in Portugal or does this hotel simply have more smoking rooms then non-smoking rooms? BTW, my dates are May 21-June24, 2005. Is this a popular time in Lisbon?

--DD
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:12 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Dudleydog73
I went to book a 34 day stay at this property and they have absolutely NO non-smoking rooms available according to the Platinum desk (even the business suites I may be upgraded to are smoking). Does everyone smoke in Portugal or does this hotel simply have more smoking rooms then non-smoking rooms? BTW, my dates are May 21-June24, 2005. Is this a popular time in Lisbon?

--DD
Be careful of those over 30 consecutive day stays. No Starpoints or stay credit can be earned for any of it unless the hotel agrees to do so.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Be careful of those over 30 consecutive day stays. No Starpoints or stay credit can be earned for any of it unless the hotel agrees to do so.
Can I ask why they would care how long the stay is if I am paying a standard rate? Would I still qualify if I had two seperate reservations instead of one large one?

It may not matter at all anyways as I may be forced over to the Marriott if the Sheraton cannot guarantee a non-smoking room to me. Its sad since I will be bringing them at least 3 other guests to fill their rooms if they had the rooms we need.

--DD
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:52 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Can I ask why they would care how long the stay is if I am paying a standard rate? Would I still qualify if I had two seperate reservations instead of one large one?

--DD
With stays over 30 days there are residency issues at stake in some locations. Because we are not always aware of where this may be an issue, it is placed in the Terms and Conditions of Membership to cover all stays of this type. Then it is up to the individual property to decide if it will be an issue for them. If not, they have the discretion to overlook it.

You might be able to escape this issue without depending upon the good graces of the hotel if you check out of the hotel, check into another for one night, and then return for the remainder of your stay.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Apr 19, 2005, 4:13 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I went to book a 34 day stay at this property and they have absolutely NO non-smoking rooms available according to the Platinum desk (even the business suites I may be upgraded to are smoking). Does everyone smoke in Portugal or does this hotel simply have more smoking rooms then non-smoking rooms?
There are more smoking than non-smoking rooms (maybe 4x as many) and the nicer rooms are generally smoking. However the smoking rooms are immaculately smoke-free thanks to good use of fabrics in the room (also no carpeting, the floors are wood). I do not smoke and found the smoking rooms to be indistinguishable from the non-smoking rooms -- something that is very rare indeed at most hotels.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:20 am

Thanks!

Originally Posted by number_6
There are more smoking than non-smoking rooms (maybe 4x as many) and the nicer rooms are generally smoking. However the smoking rooms are immaculately smoke-free thanks to good use of fabrics in the room (also no carpeting, the floors are wood). I do not smoke and found the smoking rooms to be indistinguishable from the non-smoking rooms -- something that is very rare indeed at most hotels.
Thank you for the trip report. I may very well book the Sheraton then as well as the Marriott as backup in case I can't deal with the smoke smell in the room I end up getting.

When you say they used fabrics well, how did they keep the smoke smell out of the bed itself? Did they do anything special with them to keep the smoke smell to a minimum? Thanks for taking the time to respond as the non-smoking room is usually a mandatory condition when I stay anywhere.

--DD

P.S. Lurker, would you happen to have the email for the GM at this hotel?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:23 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I should mention that I have only stayed in the Towers part, not in the regular rooms; no idea how they compare, but the Towers rooms are nicely done. One stay in non-smoking room and several subsequent stays in a smoking room -- but I didn't notice that it was a smoking room until I saw an ash tray! No idea how they keep the smoke smell out of the bedding, but I presume it is all changed after the previous smoking guest leaves; normally smoke smell is a problem in draperies and upholstery. Not a trace of that in this hotel. I suspect it is good room design combined with good housekeeping, but I have no idea how they do it or whether all rooms are as good as my experience (hardly a representative sample).
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by number_6
I should mention that I have only stayed in the Towers part, not in the regular rooms; no idea how they compare, but the Towers rooms are nicely done. One stay in non-smoking room and several subsequent stays in a smoking room -- but I didn't notice that it was a smoking room until I saw an ash tray! No idea how they keep the smoke smell out of the bedding, but I presume it is all changed after the previous smoking guest leaves; normally smoke smell is a problem in draperies and upholstery. Not a trace of that in this hotel. I suspect it is good room design combined with good housekeeping, but I have no idea how they do it or whether all rooms are as good as my experience (hardly a representative sample).
I would be in a Towers room with the potential of upgrading to a Smart Business suite (both smoking) so if you had a great stay I may give them a shot. Thanks again for your info.

--DD
Old Apr 21, 2005, 6:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Just posted my review (with photos) at http://www.heart4travel.com/hotelspe...atonlisbon.php .
Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:00 pm

Thumbs up Very nice!

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Just posted my review (with photos) at http://www.heart4travel.com/hotelspe...atonlisbon.php .
Very nice trip report! I booked a 29 day stay in a towers room (hope to be upgraded to a Smart Suite) and hope to enjoy it as much as you did.

Thanks again for the time you put in for that review.

--DD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.