Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2002, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
subway is very convenient and clean/safe,
taxi is cheap. no rental needed unless you want to drive to suburb, but even for sintra, there is good train schedule

quite a few taxi drivers drive like in a police chase though.....which is more latin than i wd think what latin means
Old Oct 31, 2002, 12:59 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
I'm not sure how they treat GOLD, but I'm PLT and was just there last week. Its a decent/nice hotel ... free breakfast upstairs in the tower lounge and lots of free Port each day. Its a comfortable hotel, but abit away from the older parts of town. Its a easy subway stop though (across the street 'Picoas') and cabs are very cheap and abundant. Although there are lots to walk around and see even around the area
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:55 pm

I plan to stay there next May. I should be PLT by that time. Should I go for a Tower room or book a normal room which is 57 Euro cheaper?

Tim
Old Nov 7, 2002, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tim2008:
I plan to stay there next May. I should be PLT by that time. Should I go for a Tower room or book a normal room which is 57 Euro cheaper?
Tim
</font>
It's been my experience (a Gold at the time) and that of others that you will be upgraded to a Towers room regardless of what rate you've paid.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 2:40 pm

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
I'm staying day after tomorrow and haven't been there in two years. I tried to book a suite and there aren't any listed. Yet, I went back and read that someone got upgraded to one there.

I remember not really liking the room last time. Never even asked what it was though.

Business center was very helpful, that I remember.
Old Dec 6, 2002, 6:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AA_SPG_Fan:
....Its a decent/nice hotel ... Its a comfortable hotel, but a bit away from the older parts of town. Its a easy subway stop though (across the street 'Picoas') and cabs are very cheap and abundant....</font>
I was there twice in September and can second this. The first room had stains in the carpet and on the wall. The second time I got a nice clean room; they are renovating the rooms.
Subway is O.K., however, you have to change the train. There is a bus going direct to the city. And taxis are not expensive.
Beware of thieves. I saw plenty of them in (the nice old line 28) tram to the castle
and to Belem.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Lisboa hotel and Towers

see pics:
http://www.e-traveller.net/pics/2003...otelTowers.php

Stayed here in the weekend between Xmas and New Year. We had booked a towerroom. At the check-in I heard that no upgrade was possible since the suites were booked and I already had booked the best room. The first room was with green pastel colours but had no separate beds. The room was quite small, especially for a towerroom We could arrange a room with separate beds, the lady at the reception was jolly and said she thought my friend and I could do together in one bed! I told her I had other thoughts about that! We finally got another room at the highest floor: 25. the room was in beige colours and more attractive, still not what I expected from a tower room: it was quite small and not very luxury, the lights were too bright so we decided to light only one lamp in the room.
The bathroom was nice, the bathtub quite small. The beds were ok, though not very comfortable.
But the view was spectacular! We could see the river The Taag, the famous bridge and the statue of Jesus Christ on the other side of the river.
The VIP lounge was nicely decorated, in the afternoon there was a self service coffee machine, orange juice and water. Some small cakes on a plate and some apples.
In the evening you could have a wine, Portuguese champagne, port and some small toast. In general there was no service, only some waiters who had a look if there was enough to drink.
The service in general was without a smile, except for the turndown service in the evening, the room- and maid service.
In general the service, while having breakfast and dinner in the restaurants on level -1, was rather without any personal touch or smile. Only when I had to wait for a half hour for my boiled egg and ask for it two times, there was a smile while apologizing for my waiting. Quality of the buffet breakfast was very good.
The restaurant itself was beautiful decorated with the Portuguese blue tiles.
We had once dinner in the restaurant, it was in the smaller restaurant.
Service was terrible, they even did not ask if we liked our dinner. They rushed through the restaurant as if it was fully booked, though there where not many guest. We had to wait very long for the bill. We did not like the food and did not return here. In general we do like the quality of the food and personal attention in the restaurants of the Starwood hotels.
The health club: I had to pay for using the sauna and steam room, only the outside swimming pool and fitness room were free. While entering the place I noticed the area of the sauna, steam room and fitness were not up to western expectations. The fitness machines were old and were too close to each other. It was very cramped.
The receptionist told me, when I already left after half an hour, the health club was just a few months renovated!
Although we enjoyed our stay here, and enjoyed our drinks, I will not return to this hotel. I missed the "Starwood Service", an attitude where people care for you with a smile. And you feel they do their best for you to have a nice stay.

See pics:
http://www.e-traveller.net/pics/2003...otelTowers.php

Last edited by claes059; Aug 23, 2005 at 4:22 pm Reason: adding pics.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 9:13 am

I was there twice in Aug/Sept. 2002 on discount prices. The hotel is O.K. but nothing special. Rooms are somewhat small. Location is O.K. but not perfect.
We looked at the restaurant, it was in the basement and looked more like a German Autobahn Raststaette... We always drove to the city and/or docks had our dinner in nice restaurants.
In Portugal we stayed in POUSADAS, some are very nice; about the same price range like Sheraton Lisboa.
We found 2 nice hotels in Cascais, near Lisbon: Hotel Faro and Hotel Albatros.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 7:29 pm

Anyone Stayed at Sheraton in Lisbon?

I'm staying there for a few nights during my honeymoon in May. We have a tower room. Has anyone stayed there and have an opinion of it?
Old Feb 21, 2003, 10:39 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
yeah.. a few years ago, it was sold out that night, so i struck gold with the presidential suite on the top floor - four rooms and no-one to share it with. Call them up and explain it is your honeymoon.. worth a try.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 6:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by spike74:
I'm staying there for a few nights during my honeymoon in May. We have a tower room. Has anyone stayed there and have an opinion of it?</font>
Congratulation!!
You find some more information here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/005432.html
The hotel is O.K. - but not superb!
The location is O.K. - but not superb!
Lisbon is nice.
Good restaurant. Not expensive. Very good (sea) food:
Solar dos Presuntos
Address 150, Rua das Portas de Santo Antăo Telephone 21 342 42 53/Fax 21 346 84 68
Old Feb 22, 2003, 11:15 pm

We were compt to a nice two room suite facing the parc and harbor. The suite was on the third from the top floor..same floor ad the lounge. Bkfast was comptd. and cooked to order. We enjoyed the Sheraton Lisboa very much. Only area of concern were the very hard beds and thin pillows...maybe this is a Euro thing, however a change of beds and pillows is really in order.

Have a great trip,
BTW, the seafood is some of the best.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 12:03 pm

Post deleted

Last edited by nick.imrie; Oct 26, 2010 at 5:49 pm
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:26 am

Sheraton Lisbon - trip report

Trip report on a recent stay at this excellent property.

First time visit, so got some extra details from a fellow FTer (thanks St Nicolas ), which turned out to be quite useful.

Was booked on a very low fare of 114 euros and got upgraded to a Junior Suite on the Towers level – it comprises: large entrance, large sitting area with TV set, doors to bedroom with business desk (fax/printer, various connections, ergonomic chair). This leads onto a rather oddly organised bathroom: first door leads onto shower on the left and toilet in front of you, then second door leads onto bath/shower and double sinks… which is pretty impractical if travelling with one’s partner (I’ll leave the details to your imagination).

The Towers levels are on floors 24 and 25 (top floor (26-R) is a small panoramic bar and venue). The lounge is located on 24th floor but was closed due to “refurbishments” (never saw anyone, I think a byword for very low occupancy of Towers level – see below).

Instead breakfast was provided free of charge (full American buffet) as well as one drink at any bar, per person, per night.

For those interested in some stats, occupancy of the Towers levels was 5% of total hotel occupancy, with an upgrade % across the entire hotel of 44%, in part due to the presence of a large group from the MBA forum tour. So pretty quiet, never more than 10 guests were present at breakfast while we were there.

A bottle of port is provided as the SPG Plat amenity (one each day). In addition, fresh fruits were delivered everyday, the first day alongside a note from the butler (who also brought fresh roses upon our arrival). On the first night, a plate of local delicacies (pata negra ham, cheese and olives, with half bottle of red wine) was delivered with a hand written note from the General Manager.

Two issues of some importance (especially with summer approaching):

- A very weak A/C system (despite two checks from the maintenance engineer, nothing could be done).

- A pretty bad bed – this is no Heavenly bed – could have been a bad pick, could be the way they all are…

Having said that, the stay was great – the staff was really very pleasant and helpful, the General Manager is a star, making all efforts to make us feel comfortable and the property itself is both ideally located and quiet enough to make it a great place to stay in Lisbon (if only the A/C could work!).
Old Mar 26, 2003, 11:09 am

Post deleted

Last edited by nick.imrie; Oct 26, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.