Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:08 pm
GGR
Suspended

I have made a 3-nights award reservation (full points) at Sheraton Lisboa.

I have since changed my plans, and want to convert that to a 1-night reservation, but the system won't let me... how is that possible?

For my last night (the one I want to keep), spg.com says they only have club rooms available... well, I have already booked a deluxe for that night and I want keep it, so at least that room should be available!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by GGR
I have made a 3-nights award reservation (full points) at Sheraton Lisboa.

I have since changed my plans, and want to convert that to a 1-night reservation, but the system won't let me... how is that possible?

For my last night (the one I want to keep), spg.com says they only have club rooms available... well, I have already booked a deluxe for that night and I want keep it, so at least that room should be available!
You need to call your elite line or the property directly to do this. If I'm wrong, someone please give clearer directions.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Looking at their web-site it seems all their rooms are either 2 single beds or 1 queen size bed. Is this correct that there are no King beds?

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Jun 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
At the moment the whole of the ground floor restaurant area is closed for refurbishment, so instead they're serving breakfast in the splendid top-floor panorama restuarant. As a plat, I was advised at checking thatI was welcome to take breakfast here in lieu if the club lounge. ^
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
At the moment the whole of the ground floor restaurant area is closed for refurbishment, so instead they're serving breakfast in the splendid top-floor panorama restaurant. As a plat, I was advised at checking thatI was welcome to take breakfast here in lieu if the club lounge. ^
I will be staying here in two weeks, any idea when the renovation will be ready?
Any other work being done at the property?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
At the moment the whole of the ground floor restaurant area is closed for refurbishment, so instead they're serving breakfast in the splendid top-floor panorama restuarant. As a plat, I was advised at checking thatI was welcome to take breakfast here in lieu if the club lounge. ^
When we were there last month they had a sign in the lobby that breakfast would be served upstairs for 4 days only. Guess the renovation is taking a little longer than initially planned

We checked out the Club Lounge for breakfast. For us, that took about 5 seconds and we scooted up to the top floor instead. Here is a picture I took from the restaurant while enjoying the breakfast buffet up there that was included as an SPG Platinum amenity as an alternative to the Club as Oxon Flyer mentioned:

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Jul 18, 2015 at 8:45 pm Reason: Added picture
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:11 pm

Here's a quick hotel review from our recent trip to Lisbon.

The taxicab from the airport to the hotel is relatively short and inexpensive at 11 Euros. As we approached the hotel and I got my first glimpse of it I had an anxiety attack as the exterior of the hotel is dated Sheraton look and I started to ask myself "What have we gotten ourselves into? This picture is from the poolside of the hotel which in IMHO looks better than the arrival side which I forgot to take a picture of:

Once we got into a lobby and we headed up the elevator and onto the floor my anxiety quickly subsided as I was amazed how the interior was so much nicer than the exterior. It was also so much nicer than the usual Sheraton look:

I took the Platinum amenity of 500 points and that included breakfast in either the Club lounge or the restaurant. As the lobby restaurant was being remodeled we were told another option was the Panaorama restaurant which was open for breakfast during the remodel and had a full buffet breakfast. We were told there were no room upgrades available as there was a convention staying at the hotel and they would put us into a Club room. We were also told that the spa and pool would be included as we were in a Club room.

Our room was surprisingly nice for a Sheraton:

with a small sitting area:

a desk and small-ish TV:

The bathroom takes a decent percentage of the overall square footage of the room although we were fine with what remained as usable room space:

The bathroom privacy blinds are embedded between 2 panes of glass and there is an electronic switch to move them up and down in the bathroom:

I am not a fan of a bathtub for showering. Also you needed to be careful about pointing the shower directly downward or else water would get on the bathroom floor. If I had an elderly parent here I am not sure they would be able to get into and out of the bathtub without assistance:

The pool areas was typical Sheraton pool however the spa area behind it was nice:

The gym is available for all guests however the pool is part of the spa and not part of the hotel so there is a fee if you don't have a room that includes access to it:

There was a question at the spa on whether we could use the pool and spa for free but after I went down to the front desk they called the spa and told them they should grant us access with no charge and we did not have any issues after that.

We hit the Club Lounge after 5pm each day. I can happily report that the port bottles are back. There was a red and a white port.

As we are taxi-averse after our experiences with taxi cabs in Santiago, we used the metro for everything except getting to the airport and heading back. The metro is right around the corner from the hotel and was extremely convenient, frequent and inexpensive. Downtown is a short ride.

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Jul 18, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Thank you for your report and pictures. I will be staying here in a few weeks. Are the pictures of a Clubroom?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:13 pm

Club Room will be the same layout on a slightly higher floor. Any difference will be based on the number of beds you reserved. I was expecting less for a Sheraton and was quite pleased with the hotel.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:33 pm

Stayed there last month too. Think we got taken by the taxi driver, ended up paying 16 euro from airport. He said the extra was for the bags. But didn't have to pay it to the airport. Taxi is really cheap there so it wasn't worth it to use public transportation for the 3 of us. I think a 30min ride only cost 10euro. The club offering was min so we didn't bother to go at night except for a drink.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Sheraton Lisboa Suite Upgrade & Spa

Just returned from Spain, Portugal & Ireland.

Stayed in apartment downtown for 4 nights in Lisbon, and then went to Sheraton Lisbon after rest of group went home. Hubby and I carried on to Ireland & Newfoundland.

Upgraded to suite on club floor. Very very nice. Powder room in entry. Bathroom had separate WC and shower room, and soaker tub.

Spa area is well worth the daily fee, although I had free access as a Platinum.
Steam room, dry sauna, then vitality pool and recovery area, looking out at pool. Bar service and restaurant at pool/spa.
I could see myself visiting this as a day spa if I was staying elsewhere.

Elegant hotel, excellent service. Great place to rest after a busy time walking all over Lisbon!

Was in a villa in Javea Spain (perfection) and in an apartment in Barcelona, so no SPG review there. But I did visit the W Barcelona and I would stay there next time. Further away from the shops and restaurant in Barcelona (it's out on the beach, but I prefer that). Easily accessible by taxi in Barcelona, so no problems there.
The Meridien in Barcelona is in a very central location walking distance to all things touristy, but very very busy, hectic area of town. Night and day different from W.

One thing I will note for both cities, unless you drink G&T, cocktails are hard to come by.

Ireland was Powerscourt Resort 20 minutes south of Dublin (Marriott Autograph Collection). Lovely & historic - quaint little villages nearby. Again, elegant service, although hundreds of people being served breakfast each morning was not peaceful, but we were there in peak season and hotel was almost full.
Spa here is amaaaaazing. Did not want to leave.

Anyone wanting more detail, let me know.

Regarding Platinum upgrades this year - I'm pretty much 100% upgraded to suites this year, probably due to lower occupancy. If not that, then perhaps Platinum 75 counts for something (or I'm just charming lol).

Catarina

Last edited by catarina; Aug 29, 2015 at 7:02 pm Reason: sp
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For the record, before I forget some details:

Hotel has 25 floors plus the floor of the Panorama Restaurant and Bar, where entry/lobby (with an all day dining restaurant and lobby bar) is floor 0 and the spa (plus outdoor pool access) is 1.

Club floors: 20-25
Premiun: 18-19
SPG: 15-17
Regular rooms: presumably 2-14

Club lounge is located on 24. There's an Executuve Suite above it on 25, #2502, and the VIP Presidential Suite below it and wrapping around the corner to get views on three sides. There are supposedly ten Executive Suites (SNA and Plat upgrade category): 4 on 25, 3 on 24, and 3 on 23.

For Plats, breakfast can be taken in the lounge or lobby bar/restaurant, 7 to 10:30, 11:00 on weekends. Lounge breakfast buffet includes smoked salmon and pancakes/bacon/scrambled eggs as hot options, plus fruit, pastires, and juice (really good freshly squeeazed OJ without pulp which has the flavor of Valencia oranges), etc. Happy hour for lounge food is 5-7 daily, with two hot options that rotate. Happy hour includes two red and two white wines, all from large producers in Duoro and close to Lisbon. There's a week to week alternative of either white and red port or a sherry-like sweet rose from near here. Lounge is open all day to 10:30 pm or so, with wine left out from afternoon to close until it's gone. Lounge has two HP computers and a printer, a TV with remote for anyone to use, and multiple language newspapers. There's a good espresso machine too.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Currently staying at this hotel for 5 days.

Location of hotel is good. You can walk to the Centro area in about 15 to 20 minutes or it a 5 Euro cab fare. WE walked to the Lisbon art galleries (in the opposite direction) in about the same time.

Used SNAs to upgrade to executive suite. Used 54,000 points for our kids to have another suite for the 5 days.

Platinum recognition was outstanding.... The front desk staff went out of their way to make everything go smoothly. The staff in the club lounge were equally helpful and very professional and unobtrusive.

The Executive suites are large, well laid out and well appointed. Recent post have shown lots of photos so I will not add any. The view of the city from our suite on the 23 floor are spectacular.

We got a small bottle of Port, one large mineral water with bubbles and one still mineral water.

The renovations at this hotel are all complete. The renovations while not my personal taste in design, were very well executed.

Rooms have either two single beds or one queen size bed. No king size beds in the hotel.

This is the off-season hear and the Club Lounge was nearly empty most of the time. It consist of one large room equivalent in floor area to a two room suite (less the staff area). The second room is equivalent in area to the living room of a suite. Each room has about 8 or so tables with 2 or 3 chairs each. The espresso machine is one of those huge Nespresso machines with two espresso dispensers on each side and with a central foamed milk dispenser. There are four different pods of various roast levels that can be inserted and one decaffeinated.

The Club Lounge has most of the same breakfast items as the restaurant at the lobby level. Includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, pork sausages, smoked salmon, caviar, sliced fresh fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice 4 types of pastries, two types of bread rolls... etc. There is an even larger choice down in the restaurant.

PLT breakfast consists of choice of Club Lounge or restaurant buffet plus you get your points!

In the afternoon the Club Lounge puts out some great pastries such as custard tarts (a local Lisbon specialty.. delicious).

Every spread at club lounge consists of:

(1) about six different cheeses, all interesting and tasty. Some sheep's milk, goats milk and cows milk varieties normally represented.

(2) three different, canaps on flat bottomed spoons

(3) a plate of sliced fruit (white melon, pineapple, kiwi fruit, orange, pears, papaya) as well as bowls of whole fruit (apples, pears, bananas)

(4) two types of sandwiches such as ham and cheese, tomato and cucumber etc.

(5) a changing array of two hot dishes a night; such as grilled chicken skewers (excellent), meatballs with tomato sauce, calamari, fish, stuffed mushrooms

(6) Two white wines on ice and two red wines (a tawny Port one night).

Lobby is very comfortable and well laid out. The restaurant and the bar seem like they have great food but is a little pricey compared to other local options. We got a club sandwich from the bar that was very good but was 18 Euro. At the Lisbon art Gallery Caf up the road we paid about this for soup and sandwich lunch for 4.

My wife looked at the Spa (free to PLTs) and liked it a lot.

Over all this hotel ranks in the top few Sheratons I have stayed in. Up there with some of the new Sheratons in China and the best Sheratons in Germany.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
Just finished three days here.

We were indeed in a KING bed, not a queen, despite the reservations saying there were no King bed rooms.

Club lounge was ok, nice enough breakfast every day, included as a platinum.

We went to the spa once, outdoor pool and indoor huge jacuzzi and saunas, it was quite nice.

Have dinner in the Panorama restaurant once, it was over EUR100 for two, but the best views in Lisbon.

All in all, a great hotel. Highly recommend.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also stayed there recently - definitely one of the better sheratons in the system (you have to like modern style with a lot of glass though).
Metro next to it, easy walk downhill if prefer, grocery store 100 m up the road, participates in green choice, can upgrade to club for 1500 pt/nt if no access (breakfast and nice views - evening snacks rather so so).
Only complaint is unheated pool outside - unusable during our stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.