Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Great Valley - Frazer, PA (Philadelphia area) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Great Valley - Frazer, PA (Philadelphia area) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2000, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Great Valley - Frazer, PA (Philadelphia area) [Master Thread]

Need a hotel in the Valley Forge area of Philadelphia. Had stayed at the Sheraton that has recently changed to a Radisson. Since I don't stay at Radissons, not sure where to stay.

Anyone had any experiences (good or bad) at the Sheraton Great Valley? It sort of looks like a Courtyard on the website. Help....

------------------
Traveler113
Old Aug 25, 2002, 6:47 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Sheraton Great Valley - Frazer, PA (Philadelphia area)

Hey folks,

I am attending a wedding next weekend, where the "recommended" hotel is the Sheraton Great Valley. The "block" rate is $89, but I found a prepaid rate of $76. I searched FT, but only found this one thread which wasn't real helpful. Anyone stayed here and have any comments?

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 8:37 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed there on points two winters ago when my mom was recovering in the rehab center nearby. It's a surprisingly nice property. I couldn't figure out why it was out in the middle of the nowhere until I saw all the celebrity pictures outside the restaurant - Marie Osmond, Joan Rivers, etc all must stay there when they are hawking their wares on nearby QVC shopping. Rooms were small but nicely appointed. Had dinner and breakfast buffet in the nicer of the two restaurants. Both meals were good. Nice staff. Indoor pool that appears to be booked solid for kiddie parties on the weekend. Nothing much in the town - Hampton Inn and Home Depot were next door.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Premier, Starwood Gold
Great hotel but in the middle of nowhere. Also, seems like the only restaurant in town is the Outback Steakhouse.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 8:37 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
While the hotel is seemingly in the middle of nowhere, because you have to drive to anything you need, don't overlook the fact that it's just a 10 minute drive up 202 North to the King of Prussia shopping area. Lots of restaurants, and also the 2nd largest mall in the USA.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 9:46 am

Also not too far from Lancaster, Historic Valley Forge Park and many other exciting places. There's a home depot across the street if you like that kind of stuff. The hotel actually isn't that old and is pretty nice. I'd reccomend this hotel over many others in the area, such as the King of Prussia Hilton, King of Prussia Cortyard and the Wyndham (Chesterbrook). Only problem is that the hotel is a couple extra minutes from the action.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DCATravel:
Great hotel but in the middle of nowhere. Also, seems like the only restaurant in town is the Outback Steakhouse. </font>
This hotel is minutes from my home and there are absolutely fantastic restaurants, in the area (and I've NEVER been to the Outback Steak House). If anyone is in the area, and wants specifics, please feel free to email me.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 2:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
<bump>

Just a quick comment.

I've been staying weekly at the Sheraton Great Valley in Frazer for the past few months. Really a fantastic Sheraton.

A MUCH MUCH MUCH better choice than the Park Ridge in King of Prussia or the Sheraton Suites in Wilmington.

Great club lounge, VERY liberal with suite upgrades for platinums, fantastic on site restaurant, and a very friendly staff. One of the better Sheratons IME.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:02 pm

I stayed a lot at both the Sheratons last year and the key thing is that the GV Sheraton almost never had any special point earning promotions while the one at the KofP was awesome including some 5k bonus if checking in on Sun, etc. Something to watch for.

The KofP Sheraton was definitely in need of an upgrade and I thought it was planned for late in 2007. The staff however, went out of their way to cater to the long term guests including having a weekly dinner (Wed night) cooked by the chef on the 6th floor (aka lounge) and arranging for different things - one Wednesday they had a masseuse come in, another time it was wine tasting.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
<bump>

Just a quick comment.

I've been staying weekly at the Sheraton Great Valley in Frazer for the past few months. Really a fantastic Sheraton.

A MUCH MUCH MUCH better choice than the Park Ridge in King of Prussia or the Sheraton Suites in Wilmington.

Great club lounge, VERY liberal with suite upgrades for platinums, fantastic on site restaurant, and a very friendly staff. One of the better Sheratons IME.
I stayed at both Sheraton GV and Sheration DE and agreed that the upgrade at GV is great. I got upgraded to the Ambassdor Suite at GV; however, the decor is a little bit outdated for me. I would prefer to stay at the more contemporary-style (comparatively speaking) Sheration DE personally.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
<bump>

This hotel just completed a renovation of the club floor and lounge (which honestly it didn't even need). I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite my last stay, and the place is in great shape.

The project that has me staying here will be ending soon, and I'll miss this property.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:50 am

I stayed over from April 13-16. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout. The hotel is comfortable, but nothing spectacular. Make sure you do not get a room near the ice machines, as they are extremely noisy. Also, there is little to prevent noise from traveling between connecting rooms, so beware if you are a light sleeper. Otherwise, a comfortable and reasonable option.

Also, if you are in the area, I would highly recommend The Drafting Room (www.draftingroom.com). Very good food (upscale pub cuisine) and an interesting list of beers on tap and in bottle.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I was able to get a $122/ngt rate at this property. Are there other rate options for a cheaper rate?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
Staying here currently and would have to say this is the best experience I have had in a long time at a Philly area Starwood property, upgraded to suite without asking, very friendly front desk staff, decent (though small) gym, and not a bad location, if not for having to fly into PHL on USAIR it would be a perfect travel day so far!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by phish1209
Staying here currently and would have to say this is the best experience I have had in a long time at a Philly area Starwood property, upgraded to suite without asking, very friendly front desk staff, decent (though small) gym, and not a bad location, if not for having to fly into PHL on USAIR it would be a perfect travel day so far!
Fly into MDT via CLT GREAT OPtion!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.