Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Just got back, if you are saying the food in the Mariott is better than the skyline, the skyline muse be REALLY poor!
Bad luck I think. Because the food at the Marriott (especially the steak restaurant) is normally way better than at the Skyline indeed. The food that I have tried (over several stays) at the Skyline (in The Sports Bar & Grill) is about the worst that I have eaten in the Heathrow area (which is not a high threshold).
The food in the Bytes Restaurant is OK, but they only open for lunch, and only on weekdays.

Basically, when I stay in the Skyline, I eat at the Marriott.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by stc
Has the Hilton at T4 redone the beds? Last I was there (sometime in 2011), the beds were hard as a rock. At least I could get a good night sleep at the Skyline.
There is a thread on the Hilton T4 over at the Hilton forum. Might be better to ask it there...?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Koby
Bad luck I think. Because the food at the Marriott (especially the steak restaurant) is normally way better than at the Skyline indeed. The food that I have tried (over several stays) at the Skyline (in The Sports Bar & Grill) is about the worst that I have eaten in the Heathrow area (which is not a high threshold).
The food in the Bytes Restaurant is OK, but they only open for lunch, and only on weekdays.

I have always had OK experiences in the sports bar and grill but it is fish and chips/burger and chips type food.

Bytes isn't always open in the evening as I understood it and they have a restaurant by the pool (served from the main kitchen by Bytes). Service can be quite hit and miss perhaps due to the distance to and from the kitchen. I really miss Al Dente.

The room service offerings are generally pretty good but somewhat pricey.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club

I think I will stay/eat at the Hilton from now on, much better treatment of Golds there, including FULL breakfast.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:37 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
There is a thread on the Hilton T4 over at the Hilton forum. Might be better to ask it there...?
Yes, I know that.

But, my post was really meant to say "I think the beds at the Skyline are much better than at the Hilton T4".
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I think I will stay/eat at the Hilton from now on, much better treatment of Golds there, including FULL breakfast.
You can get full breakfast in the Skyline.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You can get full breakfast in the Skyline.
Indeed, last time I was there I was given the choice of the lounge (which includes a number of hot options not just continental) or the full buffet in the restaurant downstairs.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by stc
But, my post was really meant to say "I think the beds at the Skyline are much better than at the Hilton T4".
And I agree!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldtrav
Indeed, last time I was there I was given the choice of the lounge (which includes a number of hot options not just continental) or the full buffet in the restaurant downstairs.
If you are a regular (I have over 50 stays there) they pretty much offer this for free, but worst case scenario if you would normally get a lounge breakfast it costs no more than £4.50 to upgrade. Breakfast isn't quite as good at the Skyline as it used to be but is perfectly acceptable.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stc
Yes, I know that.

How about the bathrooms at the Skyline are about the size of a room at the Hilton T4

The front facing Exec rooms at the Skyline must be at least 3 times bigger than their equivalent at the Hilton T4.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:50 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
How about the bathrooms at the Skyline are about the size of a room at the Hilton T4

The front facing Exec rooms at the Skyline must be at least 3 times bigger than their equivalent at the Hilton T4.
That too. IMO, the Skyline is the best hotel (especially for the money) at Heathrow.
Old May 6, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
I had an overnight at LHR and was very pleased with my stay. Room was an executive queen which was spacious by UK standards and included a small sofa and coffee table. Clean and comfortable room, pleasant and helpful staff.

Large bathroom, good wifi, Starbucks in the lobby. Breakfast in the Club Lounge was above average, included a couple of hot dishes along with the continental fare.

I took the free city bus to/from via the LHR Central Bus Terminal. My flights in/out were terminal 3, which is a 5-10 minute walk on moving sidewalks. Very well marked from Arrivals and use buses 105, 111, 140, or 285 from stalls 19/20 at the central bus terminal. I waited 5 minutes for a bus.

I used the New Road stop on Bath Road, in front of the Marriott. The Sheraton is just next door, past the Marriott. Bus stop for the return trip is across the street. My flight was wheels down at 1:10 PM, and was checked-in at the hotel by 2:00 PM, so it really took no time at all.
Old May 12, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG P
Considering stay here twice in late September. I will arrive T1 around 6PM,and no rush to the city center. and return 10 days later for an early morning flight next day.
Would appreciate to have suggestions on the following:
1. What is the most convienient way to get to Skyline Sheraton from T1? (want to get into bed early after 10+ hrs flight with a four-year-old)
2. What benefit can I expect as SPG Plat, any chance of upgrade? (No suite upgrade choice available)
3. Do I need to book a room rate inclusive of breakfast, or it is complimentary for Plat?
4. Any good local taxi company to suggest? Wanna pay a visit to Royal Holloway and Windsor Castle...

Many thanks...
Old May 12, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by glown
Considering stay here twice in late September. I will arrive T1 around 6PM,and no rush to the city center. and return 10 days later for an early morning flight next day.
Would appreciate to have suggestions on the following:
1. What is the most convienient way to get to Skyline Sheraton from T1? (want to get into bed early after 10+ hrs flight with a four-year-old)
2. What benefit can I expect as SPG Plat, any chance of upgrade? (No suite upgrade choice available)
3. Do I need to book a room rate inclusive of breakfast, or it is complimentary for Plat?
4. Any good local taxi company to suggest? Wanna pay a visit to Royal Holloway and Windsor Castle...

Many thanks...
1. There is a free bus that can take you from Heathrow to the hotel (actually a block or to off the hotel). I've tried it and didnt have any issues. Although I forgot the busses numbers, check the hotel's website about that. But of course the fastest would be a taxi since it would be just you in the cab.

2. Yes there are chances of upgrade like any hotels. I got a Junior Suite staying here last year, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16447497-post65.html .

3. There is a lounge which offers free breakfast. I did not try it though as I went the next morning to LHR and got breakfast there.

4. If it's not too of a hassle, why not try the London Underground, it's fast and reliable.
Old May 12, 2012, 1:18 pm
stc

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83

4. If it's not too of a hassle, why not try the London Underground, it's fast and reliable.
Actually to get to Windsor from the Skyline you would take the 285 bus towards Kingston to Feltham and transfer to the London "Overground" Train to Windsor.

You are going to pay through the nose for a taxi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.