Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
This week/over the holidays, Club Lounge guests (SPG Plats, Club Floor-Club Lounge users, etc.) are given a voucher to enjoy the breakfast buffet in the Al Dente restaurant instead of in the lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Quick trip report from a stay last week :

Upgraded to a nice, refurbished, quite sizeable, club room. Club lounge evening fare : beer and wine, soft drinks, peanuts, crips, Doritos with 3 dips (red, white and yellow), canapes, and some rather nice chinese style cooked chicken breast strips.

Hot food and canapes cleared away at 8:02pm precisely, rather than be left out until all eaten, and beer fridge locked.

In the morning, had to leave the before the club lounge opened at 7, so was given a voucher on checkin for full breakfast at the Al Dente restaurant, which opens at 6.

Given the rate of Ł80 (+ tax, Starwood, why do you insist on advertising UK hotel prices before tax ?) included 8 days parking, a very good value stay indeed. ^
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
From T5 to Skyline via bus, how ?

Hello,
I will be coming from T5 and to get to Skyline :
1. Can take the bus 423 from T5 directly to hotel ? how long is the walk ?
2. Or I have to walk to Central bus station then take 105/111/140/285 ? how long is the walk ?
3. Or I can save the agony and take the hoppa ?

TIA, Dong
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:46 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ccna101
Hello,
I will be coming from T5 and to get to Skyline :
1. Can take the bus 423 from T5 directly to hotel ? how long is the walk ?

Yes. A very short walk when you get off the bus.

2. Or I have to walk to Central bus station then take 105/111/140/285 ? how long is the walk ?

No, you'd have to take the train (Heathrow Express) or another bus to get to Central Bus Station. I wouldn't recommend this. The walk at the other end (Sheraton) would be as long as 1. I guess the only way this would make sense is if you miss the 423 which only runs twice an hour IIRC and dinner want to pay for the Hoppa.

3. Or I can save the agony and take the hoppa ?

If you can do #1, it is about the same agony as this and cheaper. I'd go with #1.

TIA, Dong
Old May 25, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Stayed here for one night, pre-upgraded to a club floor but at check-in got upgraded to a Junior Suite.

Asked about the in room internet was told that the internet is free in the club lounge only, told the agent I was a platinum hence the upgrade to a suite then it was given.

Room is spacious but did not really cared since I just needed a bed at night.

Closet.

Welcome amenity.

Sitting area.

Bathroom.

Bed.

Last edited by LovetoTravel83; May 25, 2011 at 9:38 pm
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
This hotel should not be held under the Sheraton brand let alone considered a category 4 hotel. Check in staff stood around chatting when we arrived taking several minutes to greet us and check us in. As an SPG Platinum, I was upgraded to a Club Floor room. Great. Well, not so fast. The key was supposed to open the lounge. It did not. The room was exceptionally hot and would not cool down. There were no towels or toiletries in the room. There is no free shuttle. The ticket machine for the paid bus was broken as was the ATM. Overall, this hotel should lose its Sherton branding. It is an awful hotel on all counts.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Overall, this hotel should lose its Sherton branding. It is an awful hotel on all counts.
Wow, if you think this about the Skyline, be grateful you didn't go to the Sheraton Heathrow instead.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Mmmm - I like this hotel. Been a few times and have never had any problems

All stays posted super quick
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG LT Gold, HHonors Silver
I'm considering a 2 night stay here this summer and am worried about a recurring complaint from numerous people-that the rooms are too warm. Is there no air conditioning? I need a cooler room to be able to sleep.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
1st matress run

I'm considering doing my first ever mattress run here this saturday to get in before the "better by the night" promotion ends as I am trying to build my points.

Saw this hotel on the website and the pool area looks very nice.

Is it as nice as it looks on the pictures?

Also, phoned them up to see what the upgrade availability would be like, was told there would be no problem and to call them after I have booked to get pre-upgraded to a club room.

Is the pool area as nice as it looks on this picture?

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...nId=1004115297

Am I better off pre-paying for the rate including breakfast or asking to upgrade the continental lounge breakfast to full breakfast once I'm there?

I was also told I would have to pay Ł20 extra for my daughter to stay in the room with us, yet on the website it says children upto 3 stay free.

It looks like there will be nice weather this weekend, is there any outside area to enjoy?

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
...There is no free shuttle. The ticket machine for the paid bus was broken as was the ATM. Overall, this hotel should lose its Sherton branding. It is an awful hotel on all counts.
None of the Heathrow airport hotels have a free shuttle, thanks to he cartel commonly referred to as BAA. There are free city buses to virtually every hotel along Bath Road. You can buy Hoppa tickets at the front desk and have them charged to your room.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by worldtrav
None of the Heathrow airport hotels have a free shuttle, thanks to he cartel commonly referred to as BAA. There are free city buses to virtually every hotel along Bath Road. You can buy Hoppa tickets at the front desk and have them charged to your room.
I don't actually need a shuttle as I will be driving there.

I just want to know if this is a nice place to take my wife and daughter for a little break this weekend and if the pool is nice
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I don't actually need a shuttle as I will be driving there.

I just want to know if this is a nice place to take my wife and daughter for a little break this weekend and if the pool is nice
Out of the two spg properties there, this is def the nicer one. I think there are better properties near by, but....it should be ok for a weekend.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chanp
Out of the two spg properties there, this is def the nicer one. I think there are better properties near by, but....it should be ok for a weekend.
Out of interest where would you consider being better?

I've stayed at the Hilton T4 and found it to be quite nice, my daughter especially loves the pool.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
The pool at the Skyline is nice, but it's in the atrium area and in the middle of the hotel so it does have a somewhat "fish bowl" feel to it as the interior rooms overlook it.

Additionally, they do rent the atrium area out for company functions. You may want to confirm with the hotel that this is not the case for your weekend in question so that you don't get closed out from using it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.