Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wired2theworld
We plan on staying here for one night, a Saturday at the end of December. I've booked the night with points. I would have considered staying in central London but there are no C+P deals and I'm having a hard time justifying 20,000 points a night for a room we'll need to leave early to get to the airport.

I only have Starwood Gold status, but does anyone have an idea of my chances of getting upgraded to a Club Room? I've had pretty good luck in the past at other Starwood properties. Sometimes we've been given it for free, sometimes for points or a fee. If there's an upcharge, any idea what that might be?

Finally any decent pubs or restaurants within walking distance for dinner?

Thanks!
The up charge is circa £40
Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stc
Or better yet, take the free public buses.
The free public buses are a pain with significant luggage because the bus stops don't align well with the property. It is slightly tedious taking my cabin Rimowa on the bus but with luggage and more than one person a local cab firm or Uber makes much more sense.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

Well, it's not quite walking distance (2.3 miles), but my UK colleagues took me to a pub called The White Horse just West of Sheraton Heathrow and had a great lunch there. So if you could take the airport bus to Sheraton Heathrow or Thistle Heathrow, it would be a shorter walk from there. Not sure about dinner tho.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
There is a great pub within walking distance, its called the Pheasant and is an easy 10 minute walk. Basically go out the front door of the hotel and turn right, go past the Marriott and take the next street on the right. Head to the end where it ends and the pub is across the street slightly to the right. Great food, affordable (for London) and good atmosphere.

I'm also a huge proponent of using the public buses to get from LHR to the hotels along Bath Rd, very easy, very frequent and free. They drop off right outside the Marriott which is right next door to the Skyline. I would love to see the Hotel Hoppa exposed for what it is, a complete rip off.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
Do you know which public bus goes from LHR to the stop at the Marriott?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hendricks
Do you know which public bus goes from LHR to the stop at the Marriott?
There are many, 105, 140, 222, 285. Might be one or two more.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
ok thanks - I'll try it when I'm next there - I also find the Hotel Hoppa ridiculously expensive.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:40 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
We plan on staying here for one night, a Saturday at the end of December. I've booked the night with points. I would have considered staying in central London but there are no C+P deals and I'm having a hard time justifying 20,000 points a night for a room we'll need to leave early to get to the airport.

I only have Starwood Gold status, but does anyone have an idea of my chances of getting upgraded to a Club Room? I've had pretty good luck in the past at other Starwood properties. Sometimes we've been given it for free, sometimes for points or a fee. If there's an upcharge, any idea what that might be?

Thanks!
I'd say your chances of getting upgraded are very good. When you check in see if they say anything. If not, ask if you have club access. If not offer to pay for it. I doubt you will get to having to pay for it.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

<snip>

Thanks!

One short 150m hop to the left from Hotel, one block (1½?) 900m up High Street Harlington is a medium-priced Indian restaurant Harlington Tandoori, that I've enjoyed on occasions. Close up is Clay Oven (no knowledge) and Swans Chinese Takeaway (standard chinese)
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Dear loudmouth d0uchebags in the Sheraton Skyline Club Lounge - can you STFU? You are so loud and pompous annoying. Just STFU or lower your d@mn voices.

S
T
F
U
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
On another note, I am getting really sick and tired of their Quiche

Quiche Quiche Quiche... always Quiche
with a side of fishcakes.

I wish they had the lamb kaftkas (or whatever those lamb meatballs are called) more.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Yes, I like the lamb meatballs, whatever they are called in Greece.

More of those, fishcakes out
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some comments:

The hotel's website gives the price of a taxi between LHR airport and the hotel as 10 GBP but the front desk told me 18 GBP. Time to call for a taxi can be up to twenty minutes.

If you use the Hotel Hoppa, the T4/T5 route runs every half hour, departing the hotel at :29 and :59 according to the schedule printed from the ticket machine in the lobby, at the front of the seating area just to the left of the front desk as you enter the hotel. Hotel staff said that it takes about a half hour as the bus goes to T5 first.

However, unless the weather is bad, I see no reason not to use the free public buses from the T2/3 bus station. They're very frequent, every few minutes at most times for one of the 105, 111, 140, and 285 routes, plus there are one or two other routes that seem to work according to the transport maps of the LHR free zone. Coming from the airport, the bus stops on just about every block, so don't count the stops from the map. You want to get off at the big Marriott and the walk to the next building in the direction the bus is moving. To return to the airport, you must walk to the big intersection (it's the corner of Bath Road and IIRC Harlington) to cross the street, so you walk about a block even though the bus stop is located just across Bath Road from the hotel (you can see it from the lounge). Go left as you exit the hotel.

The lounge has evening happy hour from 6 to 8 pm but is open to 10:30. House wine is available and free from mid-afternoon to closing time. It's from Chile, Chardonnay for white or IIRC Merlot or Pinot Noir (I forget which one) for red.

Breakfast in the lounge includes scrambled eggs and IIRC sausage but also smoked salmon and two other cold fish and some cold meats and cheese. The lounge guy told me that I could also use the big buffet downstairs in the restaurant, but I didn't try and this wasn't mentioned at check in.

The lounge also has a computer hidden way in the back left corner. It's the mirror image of where the coffee machine is and not at all obvious. I wish I had known this before struggling to use the downstairs Linked@Sheraton lobby business center to do OLCI and print my boarding pass.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 3, 2015 at 11:49 am Reason: added
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some comments:

The hotel's website gives the price of a taxi between LHR airport and the hotel as 10 GBP but the front desk told me 18 GBP. Time to call for a taxi can be up to twenty minutes.

If you use the Hotel Hoppa, the T4/T5 route runs every half hour, departing the hotel at :29 and :59 according to the schedule printed from the ticket machine in the lobby, at the front of the seating area just to the left of the front desk as you enter the hotel. Hotel staff said that it takes about a half hour as the bus goes to T5 first.

However, unless the weather is bad, I see no reason not to use the free public buses from the T2/3 bus station. They're very frequent, every few minutes at most times for one of the 105, 111, 140, and 285 routes, plus there are one or two other routes that seem to work according to the transport maps of the LHR free zone. Coming from the airport, the bus stops on just about every block, so don't count the stops from the map. You want to get off at the big Marriott and the walk to the next building in the direction the bus is moving. To return to the airport, you must walk to the big intersection (it's the corner of Bath Road and IIRC Harlington) to cross the street, so you walk about a block even though the bus stop is located just across Bath Road from the hotel (you can see it from the lounge). Go left as you exit the hotel.

The lounge has evening happy hour from 6 to 8 pm but is open to 10:30. House wine is available and free from mid-afternoon to closing time. It's from Chile, Chardonnay for white or IIRC Merlot or Pinot Noir (I forget which one) for red.

Breakfast in the lounge includes scrambled eggs and IIRC sausage but also smoked salmon and two other cold fish and some cold meats and cheese. The lounge guy told me that I could also use the big buffet downstairs in the restaurant, but I didn't try and this wasn't mentioned at check in.

The lounge also has a computer hidden way in the back left corner. It's the mirror image of where the coffee machine is and not at all obvious. I wish I had known this before struggling to use the downstairs Linked@Sheraton lobby business center to do OLCI and print my boarding pass.
Have they changed the wines? It has always been Spanish Viura (white) and Tempranillo for the last few years.

For cars google LHR Express Cars a local company based conveniently close in West Drayton who will charge you circa £10 or less to any LHR terminal, they also have an App or you can use Uber.

Breakfast used to be chargeable as an upgrade from the lounge at circa £4 per head in the main restaurant. They have long waived this charge for me as a frequent guest (50+ stays) but I am not sure on the wider position. They used to have vouchers they would give out in the lounge when it was getting a little full and unpleasant at breakfast.

Do try Madhu's the Indian restaurant in the evening. It offers some relatively unique robata grill options and you can have tapas style spicy grill items as well as the more typical curry based fayre.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Have they changed the wines? It has always been Spanish Viura (white) and Tempranillo for the last few years.

For cars google LHR Express Cars a local company based conveniently close in West Drayton who will charge you circa £10 or less to any LHR terminal, they also have an App or you can use Uber.

Breakfast used to be chargeable as an upgrade from the lounge at circa £4 per head in the main restaurant. They have long waived this charge for me as a frequent guest (50+ stays) but I am not sure on the wider position. They used to have vouchers they would give out in the lounge when it was getting a little full and unpleasant at breakfast.

Do try Madhu's the Indian restaurant in the evening. It offers some relatively unique robata grill options and you can have tapas style spicy grill items as well as the more typical curry based fayre.
Now I'm wondering whether I'm confusing the wines with another place. You're causing me to doubt what I remember. They were the same label and both red and white had screw tops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.