Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KENNECTED
Resort Charge Policy

A Resort Fee of 30 USD USD $33.00, plus at 4.62 resort fee tax [as of May 22] per night is applied to each room which provides the following benefits:
  • Complimentary bottle of water in your guest room
  • Beach Welcome basket to include bottled water and fresh fruit
  • Access to two beach chairs and towel service on the beach
  • Access to the 24-hour Fitness Center
  • Complimentary local and domestic long distance telephone calls
  • Spa discount of 15% (not valid with other offers)
  • Complimentary morning newspapers Monday - Friday
Print Wikipost

Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Attempting a booking for late March, but I keep getting a system error. Has anyone else had success getting a booking to confirm?
I'm also getting an error trying to book for late March.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
You can't compare. This isn't at the (low) level of a Four Points, but as I remember it, it's a basic middle of the road property.
The hotel went through a major renovation 2-3 years ago prior to its rebranding as a James, so presumably it's much nicer now than during its Crowne Plaza days.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dw
The hotel went through a major renovation 2-3 years ago prior to its rebranding as a James, so presumably it's much nicer now than during its Crowne Plaza days.
I was a guest when it was the CP and only in the public area when it was a James property. I should have included that in my initial post.

I still think it's just a middle of the road property and it's only saving grace is that this property has lots of rooms and Jr. Suites/Full Suites and direct access to the beach.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I extended a trip to Florida by a day and booked 28-29 MAR on points. It failed online, so I called SPG Plat Concierge and the agent tried for a while to do so...ended up having to have a reservation partially entered and he said Program Services would complete it by 15 MAR 2015 for me, but "you definitely have a room". To be expected since it's a new property to SPG. Doesn't look like there's much SNA availability or anything, but even a regular room should be ok.

$650 or 12k points (it's the end of WMC...) seemed like an easy choice. I love my SPG Amex work-expense points machine! Hard to believe it's a cat 5 given the neighborhood.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:04 am

Also had to call in to book a night on points for late March.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I was able to confirm my award stay for later this month online. I also noticed the James Hotel page for this property has a farewell page up.

No SNA availability.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
No SNA availability.
It has been probably properly set up yet to procees SNAs. Let's see.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
You can't compare. This isn't at the (low) level of a Four Points, but as I remember it, it's a basic middle of the road property.

As a category 5 property, it give members who want to be in SoBe proper an option to stay on the beach without breaking the bank, using cash, point or a combination of both.

Service, (perceived) upgrade ratio, rooms/decor, property amenities, parking charges all remain to be seen. I don't expect to see a super luxury property once the property switched to SPG/Starwood, but not sure what the category will be next year after some investment.
+1. I'd like to see something resembling Diplomat but in SoBe. A place where to go for a week or two. I don't know many people who can afford two weeks at Cat 7. W & St. Regis are already two too many. With the Diplomat's beatiful suite upgrade ratio.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:13 am

It looks like this property has already moved to a Category 6. Glad I was able to get in under the (unannounced) wire!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:23 am

I managed to get a room for WMC as well.

What a deal! I hope it sticks..
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:53 am

It looks like this property has already moved to a Category 6. Glad I was able to get in under the (unannounced) wire!
Well, that was fast!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
i have an existing reservation here for march 24-25. I've been contacting Plat concierge to get my Plat number in and get it turned into an SPG confirmation code. They are clueless and don't know what to do. Keep saying they need my SPG confirmation number, but, alas, that's what I don't have (I have the original hotel confirmation).

just sad and helpless.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by JBauer
i have an existing reservation here for march 24-25. I've been contacting Plat concierge to get my Plat number in and get it turned into an SPG confirmation code. They are clueless and don't know what to do. Keep saying they need my SPG confirmation number, but, alas, that's what I don't have (I have the original hotel confirmation).

just sad and helpless.
Why not do it on check-in?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:49 am

It looks like they added SNA inventory.

Last edited by tangel; Mar 10, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Plat Amenity

Just called the hotel and they said "two full breakfasts...for now". It was unclear what that meant, but a good sign for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.