Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Announcing a very special addition to the FT 2015 Awards.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Smile Announcing a very special addition to the FT 2015 Awards.

The Flyertalk Special Recognition Award 2015

As you may well be aware, voting has now closed on the 2015 FlyerTalk Awards and the category winners have been announced.

On behalf of the SPG forum moderators, the FT management team and the entire FT membership I am delighted to announce that this year there is an additional award - the FlyerTalk Special Recognition Award 2015 - to be presented to FT's 'Starwood Lurker' - William R. Sanders.

William joined FT as the Company Representative for Starwood Preferred Guest back in the year 2000, long before the advent of Social Media, and 2015 is William's 15th year of service to Flyertalk.

This Special Award seeks, in some small way, to mark this anniversary and recognise William's unique and outstanding contribution to our community. With over 29,000 FT posts, his unerringly thoughtful, helpful and good-natured contributions are widely appreciated by FlyerTalkers and have played a major part in the success of the SPG program.

I'm sure you will all join me in congratulating William on such an well-deserved accolade.

Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm very happy to hear this and extend my congratulations to both William and Starwood for their early recognition of FlyerTalk as a vital source of information for frequent travellers. William has been instrumental in enhancing my Starwood experience ever since I joined SPG (and FT) in 2011, and I would rank him - alongside other Starwood Lurkers - in the top three reasons I remain loyal to the chain. Congratulations once again and here's to the next 15 years!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Thanks William for all of your assistance over the years. You certainly have represented Starwood well.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Yes, Congratulations William, you thoroughly deserve it. Now, where are my missing starpoints?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, William, for all that you do on behalf of Starwood, FlyerTalk, and FlyerTalkers. We are the richer for having you.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks, William, for all that you do on behalf of Starwood, FlyerTalk, and FlyerTalkers. We are the richer for having you.
Without a doubt. A huge +1.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:56 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
William, your and Starwoods presence on FlyerTalk are one of those extras that make SPG a special program. The idea that there is a team of people out there that frequent travelers can reach out to in order to solve problems and answer questions without having to navigate the corporate bureaucracy adds tremendous value to this already great program. By the way, thanks for those extra SNAs.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:09 pm

Extremely well deserved. William is an amazing resource for us.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

Congrats William and thanks for your contribution on FT over the years!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:47 pm

Congratulations and thank you William for your assistance to me personally, and for day after day of unwavering support for us all. I especially admire your patience and good humour, and hope someday to meet over a mess of bbq.

Cheers,
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Another thank you from me.
Thank you, William!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was so pleased to hear the news about this extremely well deserved recognition and honor. Congratulations and thanks very much for all your help and contributions to FT.

I'd like to add that in addition to participating in this forum as an official representative, giving valuable individual help and advice to FTers on all matters Starwood/SPG, and sometimes posting in other fora on FT, William has organized DOs (the first Austin BBQ DO was legendary, including a special breakfast meeting for Plats and tour of the Starwood call center facilities where he works) and served on TalkBoard.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Congratulations William. This is a well deserved recognition for your contributions to SPG and FT.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:29 pm

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
William, you're an asset to the Starwood brand, to FlyerTalk and to the many, many of us you've individually helped over the years. Congratulations on an honor very well deserved.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
What a great recognition to one of the trailblazers in social media in the travel industry! Congrats William! Also a big ^ to FT for thinking to do this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.