Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood in Australia

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Starwood in Australia

Does anyone have recommendations for Starwood properties in Australia? For example, would you recommend the Westin or the Sheraton in Sydney? Thanks so much,
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:57 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Australia is a vast continent, do you have specific cities?

All *wood properties have a Master Thread you can search for. Discussions between different properties in the same city are contained within.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Mangus
would you recommend the Westin or the Sheraton in Sydney?
Sheraton. Make sure you're either SPG Platinum or have a room that gives you club lounge access. One of the best lounges in the region.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Does anyone have recommendations for Starwood properties in Australia? For example, would you recommend the Westin or the Sheraton in Sydney? Thanks so much,
There aren't too many properties around, check the specific threads. Breakfast tends to be great in all locations.

I also prefer the Sheraton to the Westin in Sydney.

The Westin in Melbourne is nice and in a great location, although they don't do suite upgrades for platinums.

The Sheraton Noosa is newly renovated and gives stellar treatments to platinums. The only place I've gotten upgraded to the top suite with panoramic ocean views.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Platinum SPG, Marriott Platinum, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum,
I also agree that the Sheraton Sydney Club Lounge is outstanding and the hotel is centrally located.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hyatt
I posted a few reviews a couple weeks ago on a recent trip to Australia.

Melbourne- Westin (get your breakfast out front at Brunelli's)
Sydney- Sheraton (the lounge and service was fantastic)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Westin Sydney

Originally Posted by zzap
Sheraton. Make sure you're either SPG Platinum or have a room that gives you club lounge access. One of the best lounges in the region.
You don't have to look very hard for an alternative point of view:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...thread-20.html
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Melbourne Westin for sure - second Joel_W's recommendations for breakfast out front at Brunelli's. Great location and super friendly staff as well. I felt like the standard rooms were enormous as well - I stayed in a City view room and was shocked by how large the bathroom was, and the room even had a mini hallway entrance.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:18 am

Starwood on Sale in Australia

spghotescapes has a total of 7 SPG properties on sale for the next 6 weeks:

spghotescapes.com/australia

Looks like all properties ex. incomparable Westin Sydney & the Four Points Perth (what's up with that??)
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I'm gold, not platinum....and will be using points so room doesn't include lounge access. (Is there any way to upgrade for access while using points?). After reading the master thread, it seems FTers recommend Westin if not getting lounge access at SOTP.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:02 am

Is there any way to upgrade for access while using points?
If you get onto the online chat or call SPG support, they'll tell you the points required for the various rooms above base, including a club room. It's usually a couple of extra thousand points per night.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
If you are going to Sydney for leisure I would suggest Four Points Darling Harbour.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
If you are going to Sydney for leisure I would suggest Four Points Darling Harbour.
This property is now on sale over the next 6 weeks (for a total of 8):

http://www.spghotescapes.com/search/australia
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:48 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
This property is now on sale over the next 6 weeks (for a total of 8):

http://www.spghotescapes.com/search/australia
They are undergoing significant construction, including the lobby. I would not stay there as it's not just a simple refresh but the complete building of a new structure.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Four Points Sydney Darling Harbor

I stayed at the Four Points Darling Harbor in Sydney on points in Feb. It's a great location and easy access to the ferry to go anywhere on the harbor. Opera House, Zoo, Quey or just take a ride. Great places to eat with a big variety of restaurants on the harbor all within walking distance.
Our room overlooked the harbor bridge and
although renovations were taking place we had no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.