Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

March 2015 : Plat members with 50 nights can choose their reward benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

As noted in this post in the SNA thread, which I've split out into this new discussion thread.

www.spg.com/P50

"Coming soon : We will be unveiling a selection of rewards that will allow eligible members to pick the reward that suits them best.

The new reward options will be ready in March 2015"

T&Cs updated :

Originally Posted by Revised SPG T&Cs
9.4.a. Choice of Additional Benefit (50 Eligible Nights). A Platinum Preferred Guest who has 50 Eligible Nights in a Qualifying Period is eligible to receive one additional benefit from the list of available benefits listed at www.spg.com/P50 (a “P50 Benefit”). The list of available P50 Benefits on www.spg.com/P50 is subject to change at any time. Once a Platinum Preferred Guest becomes eligible to receive a P50 Benefit, he/she must choose his/her P50 Benefit by visiting www.spg.com/P50 and selecting a P50 Benefit. A selection must be made through www.spg.com/P50 and may not be made through a Customer Contact Center. All P50 Benefit selections are final and may not be changed after they are made. In the event that an eligible Platinum Preferred Guest fails to select a P50 Benefit by January 14th of the year following the applicable Qualifying Period, such Platinum Preferred Guest will receive 10 Suite Night Awards. “Suite Night Awards” may be redeemed for advance confirmable upgrades for select, premium rooms or standard suites on a per room, per night basis, subject to availability and the applicable terms and conditions set forth on www.spg.com/P50 .

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 27, 2015 at 7:19 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
While it's nice they're trying to find a solution (and who doesn't love having choices)...IMO it's a bit disappointing that they chose to not try and "fix" SNAs (by say going the confirmed Hyatt route).

(will happily eat crow IF it turns out SNAs do become "enhanced" in any way)
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:01 am

The context makes it sound like there will be one or more options besides selecting 10 SNAs. I wonder what they'll be?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: ??????????
I'm personally hoping for any of the following:
  • Bonus points for every dollar spent
  • Bonus points for additional nights > 50
  • Discounted award certificates (35% off up to a 5 night redemption)
  • Free night certificates

I've given up on suite upgrades ... it should be so much easier but my gut says we won't see an improvement here.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Per Gary on VFTW:

My understanding, and I have an email in to Chris Holdren at Starwood on this now, is that the choices will include bonus points and award redemption discounts.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
If i book 2 rooms with starpoint award redemption discounts (separate booking) is it effect for both or only one ?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Are you asking for the detailed T&Cs for an award that was posted on-line from an email from someone supposedly at SPG, for a new program that hasn't been announced?

If so, then it's only one.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Lol nongsom jumped the gun.

Wait till March my friend.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:25 am

There's a lot of griping about SNAs. I've literally had 100% success rate. if you are going to exotic places or on international travel, you get to experience some really amazing rooms and views.

That said, I tend to only use them on personal travel, which I may not use all 10 a year.

It would be awesome to have a better cash+points or points for free nights redemption. I'd also love some free nights vouchers. In the 10 years I've belonged to SPG, I've gotten one free night...and I don't even recall how.

If they made it 4x pts for 50 nights and 5x pts for 75 nights, that would be cool, however, I'm not sure how that would further dilute the points we already have.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fmcfad01
There's a lot of griping about SNAs. I've literally had 100% success rate. if you are going to exotic places or on international travel, you get to experience some really amazing rooms and views.
It's only "griping" from your POV since you're 100% @:-)

Those of us at 50% (or below), going to "exotic places or on international travel", haven't been quite as successful.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've enjoyed my SNAs but it would be easier to use them all if they were valid for the first three or four months of the next year. Then people who earn them late in the year would have a bit of overlap, for instance to be able to combine some old and new SNAs for a single stay.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've enjoyed my SNAs but it would be easier to use them all if they were valid for the first three or four months of the next year. Then people who earn them late in the year would have a bit of overlap, for instance to be able to combine some old and new SNAs for a single stay.
They are already valid from the date earned through the end of the following year. Granted a longer validity would give you more time to try and use them, there's already "at least a full year". Would an extra two/three months really make a difference?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
While it's nice they're trying to find a solution (and who doesn't love having choices)...IMO it's a bit disappointing that they chose to not try and "fix" SNAs (by say going the confirmed Hyatt route).

(will happily eat crow IF it turns out SNAs do become "enhanced" in any way)
Slightly OT, but remember that the confirmed Hyatt upgrades are only good on revenue stays. As i imagine most plats like to upgrade to a suite when they are on vacation (i certainly do), and therefore more likely using points, the hyatt confirmed suite upgrades are not a better option.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by boolean64
Slightly OT, but remember that the confirmed Hyatt upgrades are only good on revenue stays. As i imagine most plats like to upgrade to a suite when they are on vacation (i certainly do), and therefore more likely using points, the hyatt confirmed suite upgrades are not a better option.
Hyatt Diamond Suite Upgrades are good on the new points and cash rates, but not free nights or points stays.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG
what used to be offered courtesy on hitting 50 nights as a complement to 10 SNAs (i. e. platinum requalification gift) is now becoming a either/or award...

Last edited by FozBoy; Jan 28, 2015 at 12:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.