Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2015 Q1 Global Promo : SPG Double Play, Jan 5 - Apr 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Double Starpoints on stays of two or more eligible nights
+
1,000 Bonus Starpoints for every five nights, up to 4,000 bonus starpoints

Register by March 31, 2015, earn January 5 through April 15, ‬‬‬2015

Promo Homepage, with Registration :
https://www.spgpromos.com/doubleplay/

Tracker :
https://www.spgpromos.com/mytracker/?action=main

Properties not participating :
https://www.spgpromos.com/doubleplay/?action=terms.nonparticipating&language=en_US&IM=Q 12015DoublePlay_DEF

FAQs :
https://www.spgpromos.com/doubleplay/?action=terms.faq&language=en_US&IM=Q12015DoublePl ay_DEF

Terms and Conditions :
https://www.spgpromos.com/doubleplay/?action=terms
Print Wikipost

2015 Q1 Global Promo : SPG Double Play, Jan 5 - Apr 15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
What always bugs me is the " points will post 2-4 weeks after the end of promo". For those of traveling, this stuff slips our mind, especially the details of the stay. I would not be surprised if this is the intent though
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
When the economy is humming along, occupancy is high, oil is cheap...why should they need to offer promos? I don't like it either, but that's the reality.

Simple economics.
True indeed but CC and (for many) IHG have much better promos now. I chose IHG bookings this week instead of SPG for that reason.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Does the promotion count for vacation ownership stays? (using your ownership week) Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Welcome to FT! You hit the nail on the head...when the economy is in the toilet and occupancy drops, that's when the great promos come out.

When the economy is humming along, occupancy is high, oil is cheap...why should they need to offer promos? I don't like it either, but that's the reality.

Simple economics.

Thanks for answering my question. Yeah it makes sense. I guess I'm going to have to move on
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by DesertRat
True indeed but CC and (for many) IHG have much better promos now. I chose IHG bookings this week instead of SPG for that reason.
I'm doing IHG & Kimpton, which just emerged together! They also gave me a status match.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you joined SPG six years ago, you aren't that close to lifetime Plat. It requires not only 500 nights but ten years total of earned Plat status, which would seem to mean more than three additional years for you regardless of the number of nights you have. Similarly, lifetime Gold requires five years of earned elite status as well as 250 nights, so your lifetime Gold wouldn't have been two years ago from the data you're given: In your case, lifetime Gold would have happened when you reached Gold during your fifth year in the program.

Welcome to FT.
You are correct. I checked and have been with SPG for 7 years. I didn't know about the 10 year platinum status for lifetime. I probably won't make platinum this year then. Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Deleted
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by svo242
Does the promotion count for vacation ownership stays? (using your ownership week) Thanks!
No. The stay must be on an eligible paid rate. SVN ownership stays are not eligible for points so no bonus.

TW
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Is there a delay of bonus points? I stayed 3 nights at a participating property last week (Westin Montreal) I'm going to assume this is holding true for the tracker? Is anyone seeing their points post relatively real time to the promo tracker?

"When will bonus Starpoints post to my account?

Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member's account within 2–4 weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Please note the double Starpoints may post prior to the 1,000 Starpoints bonuses."

Currently on the promo tracking tool, I get...

1 stays

Double Bonus Starpoints

The other tracker tracking nights, no issue.

3 nights

5-Nights Bonus Starpoints
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EVP, United 1K and 2MM, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Is there a delay of bonus points? I stayed 3 nights at a participating property last week (Westin Montreal) I'm going to assume this is holding true for the tracker? Is anyone seeing their points post relatively real time to the promo tracker?

"When will bonus Starpoints post to my account?

Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member's account within 2–4 weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Please note the double Starpoints may post prior to the 1,000 Starpoints bonuses."

Currently on the promo tracking tool, I get...

1 stays

Double Bonus Starpoints

The other tracker tracking nights, no issue.

3 nights

5-Nights Bonus Starpoints
Same situation here - Tracker does not show any double bonus Starpoints yet for a 2 night stay completed last week. It has the correct number of stays and nights (2 stays and 3 nights in my case) but 0 Double Bonus Starpoints.

Not what you'd expect in a separate 'tracker'....
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
You will be very, very happy that you switched to the Westin. I recently did 12 nights at the Sheraton Ottawa and 2 at the Four Points Gatineau. If I had not booked a non-refundable rate I would have changed over to the Westin.

I did manage to get to the Shore Club at the Westin. You will like it there.

Cat

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Thanks for the headsup. Cheap b*. The hotel itself is a dump, not sure why people rank that place decent. The 1980s called. But it's within corporate policy.

So screw it, going to the Westin Ottawa
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Has anyone seen their points post for this promo? I've already completed 2 stays and nada so far. It hasn't been 2-4 weeks yet obviously, but I usually find *Wood credits quicker than this for their promos.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Points posted

Points posted for my recent eligible stay:

Double points posted as:
SPG DOUBLE PLAY 2015 (2PD)

1k points bonus after 5 nights posted as:
SPG DOUBLE PLAY 2015 (2PK)

Tracker is broken as reported previously.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Token promo - not going to drive much business or anyone's loyalty. My bookings will be going to Hyatt this quarter... \
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Points posted for my recent eligible stay:

Double points posted as:

1k points bonus after 5 nights posted as:

Tracker is broken as reported previously.
Ditto ... bonus points posted for recent stays (1/12-1/17) :

LM LIMITLESS- 1K 1ST STAY(L8M)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.