Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Josun, Seoul Station, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Josun, Seoul Station, South Korea [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

My wife stayed here for a conference. She's a luxury spa blogger and just did a mini review on the bathroom amenities here: http://missspaist.com/2015/05/02/fou...t-des-minimes/

But she gave me some thoughts and I thought I'd post them up here.

The location is very much suited to someone needing KTX but the walk to the trains can be grimy. It's not far but you have to walk pass a homeless shelter and soup kitchen on the side to Seoul station or walk underground with homeless sleeping in the subway. Taxis won't take you because the distance is so close. She didn't feel so comfortable walking there from the AREX train at nighttime. Not that Korea is unsafe but just a gauntlet of things she didn't really like putting up with.

The rooms were compact. The bed is right up to the sitting chairs and table near the window. The buffet had a very, very decent selection for breakfast from everything from hot udon noodles to fresh greens to waffles - impressive for a sub $150-200 hotel in Korea. She wouldn't go back for our leisure trips but it's okay for a businessperson.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
My second stay here. Just wanted to give this place a big thumbs. Really good value, if you don't mind smallish size rooms. Like above poster said there is a homeless shelter nearby so the walk is a little grungy to hotel from Seoul Station, but building and everything else is nice and new. Breakfast is equal or better than D Cube or Westin. Lady at checkin counter mentioned there's a coin op laundry on 20th floor. Yesterday, we did walk from City Hall area pass Namdaemun back to hotel and really enjoyed it. Hotel offers nice price, convenient location and clean/new facilities.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Aventine
The location is very much suited to someone needing KTX but the walk to the trains can be grimy. It's not far but you have to walk pass a homeless shelter and soup kitchen on the side to Seoul station or walk underground with homeless sleeping in the subway. Taxis won't take you because the distance is so close. She didn't feel so comfortable walking there from the AREX train at nighttime.
The property allegedly has a shuttle for close-in trips, haven't verified it yet, but I assume they will do pickups from the Seoul Station.

edit: The shuttle is on a fixed schedule and does a number of loops to nearby attractions/businesses and is therefore not available for pickups.

Was told the walk is "only" 3 minutes and is very safe

Last edited by GaryZ; May 18, 2015 at 7:29 am
Old May 18, 2015, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I'm guessing there's no club lounge at this property?
Old May 19, 2015, 8:04 am

I'm guessing there's no club lounge at this property?
No club lounge. Just the free breakfast option for plats in the 19th floor restaurant.

Stayed here last weekend on my 3rd stay. They finished remodeling/construction on the sidewalk on the Seoul Station side. Better lit, a lot cleaner and only saw 4 homeless guys on a Sunday night around 9:30 pm. Still doing construction on a portion of that sidewalk though. Walk is only 3 minutes or so. Walk out of Seoul Station, go right and walk for about 3 minutes until you come across the first (?) crosswalk and Four Points is there on the opposite side of the street.

Last edited by luna6; May 19, 2015 at 8:14 am
Old May 21, 2015, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GaryZ
The property allegedly has a shuttle for close-in trips, haven't verified it yet, but I assume they will do pickups from the Seoul Station.

edit: The shuttle is on a fixed schedule and does a number of loops to nearby attractions/businesses and is therefore not available for pickups.

More like 5-10. You still need to wait for the crosswalk or go underneath into the subway system. It would be 3 minutes if you ran dodging all the smokers and drunks.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Aventine
More like 5-10. You still need to wait for the crosswalk or go underneath into the subway system. It would be 3 minutes if you ran dodging all the smokers and drunks.
Having just done it, I would tend to agree, more like 5 mins, although we may be referring to different exits.

Biggest obstacle is that Seoul Station railroad and the metro exits are unrelated systems. Apparently there is a shortcut somewhere, but for me it was a solid 15+ mins walk to "Exit 12"...and "grimy" is an apt description. Would be strenuous for anyone with more than a light carryon (and no kids). There was no elevator at the exit, so it was another 60+ steps to street-level.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GaryZ
Having just done it, I would tend to agree, more like 5 mins, although we may be referring to different exits.

Biggest obstacle is that Seoul Station railroad and the metro exits are unrelated systems. Apparently there is a shortcut somewhere, but for me it was a solid 15+ mins walk to "Exit 12"...and "grimy" is an apt description. Would be strenuous for anyone with more than a light carryon (and no kids). There was no elevator at the exit, so it was another 60+ steps to street-level.
They need a station drop off ONLY shuttle. That would enhance the hotel's business traveler reputation further. Signs in the station and underground leading to exit 12 would also be handy. I live here and knew where the hotel building was but the underground can be hell for newcomers. The subway stop is close but getting to the KTX platform definitely takes 15-20 mins walking with good pace and solid sense of direction. I know, because I had to do it to get her outta there.

Above ground is quicker if you use the crosswalk by the bus and run through the gauntlet. 5-10 mins to the front part of Seoul station.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Four Points late checkout and Lunch program

The Four Points by Sheraton Hotel said Sunday it now offers a late check out to allow guests to leave the hotel after having lunch. Most hotels serve breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m., not a favored time for many guests with children who want to sleep in. For such guests, its “late departure with lunch buffet,” allows guests to delay checking out until 2 p.m. The program will run until the end of August. “This package will help guests see more of Seoul because they won’t have to rush to prepare for check out the next morning,” a hotel spokesman said.
Saw this in the Korean newspaper.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:34 am

Just a note, the homeless folks around Seoul Station seem gone. It rained today and decided to take the underground walk to the hotel from Seoul Station and didn't see one homeless person and the floors where shiny clean.

Also, just wanted to mention that the people that work here are super friendly and seem to remember people by names (just like Sheraton D Cube). After my first or second stay, they've upgraded me every time to corner rooms on the high floors. These rooms are rather large unlike the normal rooms. Best value in Seoul in my opinion.

Last edited by luna6; Jul 24, 2015 at 2:47 am
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:54 pm

I'm here now. This will definitely be my go to property when in Seoul. I love the location and the rooms are great. The corner rooms all have a very nice view of the city.

Originally Posted by luna6
Just a note, the homeless folks around Seoul Station seem gone. It rained today and decided to take the underground walk to the hotel from Seoul Station and didn't see one homeless person and the floors where shiny clean.

Also, just wanted to mention that the people that work here are super friendly and seem to remember people by names (just like Sheraton D Cube). After my first or second stay, they've upgraded me every time to corner rooms on the high floors. These rooms are rather large unlike the normal rooms. Best value in Seoul in my opinion.
The homeless aren't gone, but they are basically harmless. I have been coming in and around this neighborhood for 9 years.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I'm here now. This will definitely be my go to property when in Seoul. I love the location and the rooms are great. The corner rooms all have a very nice view of the city.

The homeless aren't gone, but they are basically harmless. I have been coming in and around this neighborhood for 9 years.
good location to Post I'll say that.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL,AA SPG Plat
August 2015

I checked in a few nights ago. Here is what I have so far.

Good location if you don't mind to do a fair amount of walking or taking the Subway. From the front door to entrance/ exit 12 is 3 minutes and you are on two major lines. I can confirm that there are now signs that inform you of the hotels location. There are no major roads to cross to get there. However, if you like being able to walk out of your hotel and right into the action this is probably not the best place for you. But when I was booking the price difference between here and the Westin Chosun it hovered around $100 a night.

- Plat recognition is good. There was no deluxe room available for my first night, about 5 minutes after arriving at my room I hear a knock at the door. The front desk associate apologized for not having a room upgrade and brought a gift, two Korean fans, and some nicer toiletries. The next night I was moved to a deluxe room which is a quite nice.

Breakfast from 0600-1000. Food is of good quality,however,rather limited. The resturant does however have nice views and is a nice environment to enjoy a coffe.
The front desk staff are very nice and helpful.

For the price I am very happy with the hotel and would stay again if in Seoul.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finished two stays in the past two weeks. A decent place to sleep for a night and that's all. Had some cleanliness issues on first stay with housekeeping.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

back again.

Pluses

-The staff surprisingly speak good English for nighttimers.
- the water pressure is very good. scalding hot water if you like.
- they have champagne glasses!

The bad
- sewage smell from the bathroom sink (this is common in Korean houses but a hotel should do better )
- taxi drivers act stupid and don't know exit 13. Best to say Huam shijang and just stop them before they turn into that street.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.