Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A dream about invoice download on spg.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
A dream about invoice download on spg.com

I had a dream.
I logged in to spg.com and I saw a section where I could see a simple table:

Reservation # Check-in_date Check-out_date Amount Base_points Bonus_points Download_invoice

At the bottom of the table, there was a button to export the table to Excel, and to Download all invoices.
At the top, there was a simple filter Date: from - to

How con my dream become true?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:42 am

I saw this once, on a site called Hilton.com. Problem is you will only get to request up to 10 of them and that is based on internet availability.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
This is my biggest pet peeve with Starwood. My profile says to email a copy of my Folio (so I can use for expenses) and yet I only get it 1/2 the time. Now that I have an Ambassador, so calls them after every visit and gets them to email it to me, but, that is not the right solution
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:37 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
I don't know if you guys have found the same, but even when I have asked properties to email me an invoice, what I ultimately receive looks like they printed off my invoice, faxed it to someone, who then scanned it and emailed it to me some hours later. As a result, I receive a rather poor looking invoice.

I genuinely think their systems just don't have email functionality built in to them (which is incredible in 2014!), let alone a "Save as pdf" option. It's simply incredible.

While we're on the subject of dreams, I also had a dream where the SNA system became guaranteed at time of booking, and all hotels fitted multiple plug points in the rooms, particularly near the beds, desks and sofas. One had even fitted USB ports!! But then I woke up (and tripped up on my iPhone charging cable that is 5m long and was plugged in near the desk, where I had to unplug the desk lamp to accommodate it)...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
I hope someone takes note. Some of the requests would really make our life easier and even reduce costs for Starwood. Just today, I have spent 4 calls and two emails chasing an invoice. Every time I call, it's about 0 minutes of busy time for someone at the hotel, which would have been spared if I could go online and download my invoice.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SLC 4217
. . .

My profile says to email a copy of my Folio (so I can use for expenses) . . .
Exactly where is that located in the profile?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
This has been frequently discussed:
Starwood needs better folio retrieval
How to get past E-folio's?
2012 - Can I get folios on Starwood.com yet?
Is there still no way to get my folios from the Starwood website?

Perhaps this can be turned into a FAQ Thread.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by josep
I hope someone takes note. Some of the requests would really make our life easier and even reduce costs for Starwood. Just today, I have spent 4 calls and two emails chasing an invoice. Every time I call, it's about 0 minutes of busy time for someone at the hotel, which would have been spared if I could go online and download my invoice.
In case you don't know this, when you check into (or at checkout of) a property, just ask the agent to have the folio emailed upon check out. I usually have the email within a ˝ hour of check out.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
In case you don't know this, when you check into (or at checkout of) a property, just ask the agent to have the folio emailed upon check out. I usually have the email within a ˝ hour of check out.
Additionally, you can call the front desk on your last night and ask they email you your folio as of that time. That greatly speeds my check-out since I have already reviewed the charges.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
In the US, I just leave the property in the morning as usual and within a few hours (sometimes 1/2 day or so) I get an email copy of my invoice.

This works about 60% of the time. I do have to call sometimes but I am finding that to be less often as the years go by.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unless I'm really in a hurry, I always stop at the front desk to get a hard copy. It prevents some hotels from trying to impose late check out fees after you've left.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:37 pm

With as many challenges or annoyances as I sometimes have with Starwood, this is not a problem I can recall having.

Originally Posted by JK
I don't know if you guys have found the same, but even when I have asked properties to email me an invoice, what I ultimately receive looks like they printed off my invoice, faxed it to someone, who then scanned it and emailed it to me some hours later. As a result, I receive a rather poor looking invoice.

I genuinely think their systems just don't have email functionality built in to them (which is incredible in 2014!), let alone a "Save as pdf" option. It's simply incredible.

While we're on the subject of dreams, I also had a dream where the SNA system became guaranteed at time of booking, and all hotels fitted multiple plug points in the rooms, particularly near the beds, desks and sofas. One had even fitted USB ports!! But then I woke up (and tripped up on my iPhone charging cable that is 5m long and was plugged in near the desk, where I had to unplug the desk lamp to accommodate it)...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
I miss the good ol days when they would slip it under my door. Now they announce my email aloud at checkin and even when I request a hard copy I still have to go down to the desk in the AM to get it which isn't usually a big deal but when I'm in a hurry and they are busy it adds an unnecessary 5 minute wait. Seems like everyone is doing this at all the hotels I stay with the exception of RC.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by factory81
I saw this once, on a site called Hilton.com. Problem is you will only get to request up to 10 of them and that is based on internet availability.
Also available in Hyatt.com too (though their system fails to deliver online statement quite often due to bugs)
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
ya...I would expect SPG to have better folio, last time I stayed in Four Points Sydney, it was a nightmare for me to understand what's happening to the folio:

1. I stayed during 6-13 Sep, but folio is saying I'm staying 7-13 Sep, and there was a carry forward amount from 6 Sep, staff told me that some system change during the night of 6th, which I don't really care.

2. Laundry, internet fee (at that time I wasn't gold yet so no free internet) listed as "Miscellaneous" or just GG#, and I have to spend lots of words to explain this to my company's finance staff.

Almost everytime I stay there, I have to email back and ask for explanations......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.