Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Hong Kong - a nightmare of a story.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Sheraton Hong Kong - a nightmare of a story.

sounds fairly reasonable. I remember one stay at at St. Regis Singapore where the lights and blinds were going haywire and kept going on and off the entire night, disrupting my sleep. I notified the hotel, which moved me to another room and also my Ambassador who promptly offered 20k points as compensation. I think that was fair though since it really kept me awake and I had to work the next day
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:13 am

Given the property's outstanding service recovery, my view is the OP took advantage of this unfortunate situation.

Cheers,
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Flews
Given the property's outstanding service recovery, my view is the OP took advantage of this unfortunate situation.

Cheers,
Next time you come across a toilet that is unflushed with feces, put your foot in it and stir it. Notice the texture and how it gets under the toenails and how the smell changes? Mmmm. Now tell me... How many points do you think you should get?

Ps. SPGs recovery was fair. The hotels was not
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by spcran4d
SAP...check it out! An Emirates Ambassador chimed in! You, dude, are blessed!
I can only imagine the begging for forgiveness an Emirates fa would do if this happened aboard the A380 shower. Perhaps they'd even clean his feet for him. But no such luck, out of every naysayer here, I'm still the only one who has gone through having my feet in poo water. All I wanted was one free night for the night that it affected us

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Dec 20, 2014 at 6:59 am
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whimike
So, because it was not a normal revenue work stay you had nightmares?

Eek... Definitely TMI.
Misinterpretation that I followed up on previously. It was a vacation stay with the wife who was more grossed out than me. Based on the impact to the vacation, it was one (well at least one) night ruined, hence the ask from the hotel for 10k points. That's all I asked for. The hotels cheapness is what led spg to offer the max allowed given the initial response
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Next time you come across a toilet that is unflushed with feces, put your foot in it and stir it. Notice the texture and how it gets under the toenails and how the smell changes? Mmmm. Now tell me... How many points do you think you should get?

Ps. SPGs recovery was fair. The hotels was not
Why start a thread to ask for feedback when you so clearly resent any that doesn't agree your own view?

Cheers,
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Why start a thread to ask for feedback when you so clearly resent any that doesn't agree your own view?

Cheers,
Umm I never did. In my words in my initial post, I simply said "that's my story". I just wanted to share. When I got feedback, I'm not allowed to defend my post? Or is that indeed the new accepted FlyerTalk culture? Pummel the op to death if you disagree with them and kindly tell them to can it Happy holidays!

PS. You are most certainly entitled to your own opinion just as I am entitled to my opinion of yours

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Dec 20, 2014 at 6:50 am
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Umm I never did. In my words in my initial post, I simply said "that's my story". I just wanted to share. When I got feedback, I'm not allowed to defend my post? Or is that indeed the new accepted FlyerTalk culture? Pummel the op to death if you disagree with them and kindly tell them to can it Happy holidays!
Of course you have every right to defend your views. I just don't think you need to be so rude or hostile about it.

Cheers,
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Of course you have every right to defend your views. I just don't think you need to be so rude or hostile about it.

Cheers,
I apologize if you found me rude, that was not the intent. Perhaps my frustration at typing posts on my phone and having to deal with autocorrect is getting on my nerves!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Its also a pretty bad health risk. That's the biggest concern IMO.
This was my reaction from the beginning. I'm not sure the health risk would be significant for a normally healthy person, but if there were any small breaks in the skin, such as a blister or ingrown toenail, I'd at least want to try to disinfect the feet very carefully and apply a strong antiseptic. Even with no small cuts or other skin breaks, this wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't know at what point medical attention would be a wise precaution. The diseases commonly spread by contact with feces seem to be intestinal ailments caught through oral means, but it can't be good to get this stuff into the bloodstream.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Lufthansa M&M FTL, FlyingBlue, Air Berlin Top Bonus
Every single N. american starwood property i have filed a complaint in N. America (even the minor ones when I say I have a fatal allergy to Dairy and I get butter...) I have always gotten an apology from the hotel manager.
sounds like you complain a lot *scnr*
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tillephone
sounds like you complain a lot *scnr*
Letting management know that after alerting the in house dining team that I have a fatal allergy is hardly a non valid complaint.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Dang dude, I don't know why people are being so rude. I guess haters gon' hate.

My opinion? Stepping in fecal matter is definitely a health hazard, as others have pointed out. I bet that's why you got so many points. The last thing Starwood wants is to be sued.

Anyway, good outcome from an unpleasant experience!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Originally Posted by missxmelon
Dang dude, I don't know why people are being so rude. I guess haters gon' hate.
Indeed. This place is often awash in people whose entire lives belong on the DYKWIA thread.

Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines

Cheers,
pot, meet kettle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.