Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Easy fix:

Plat 50 - 10 SNAs
Plat 75 - 15 SNAs
Plat 100 - 20 SNAs
Eh, I'd rather have something other than more SNAs. I already have more than enough (a few always expire for me). I know YMMV with SNAs, which is why a guaranteed / confirmed suite upgrade (upon booking, not a few days out) would be a lot more value.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I think 75 nights is worth it for the YOUR24 benefit (which I have successfully used many times) but would not in a million years be interested in an ambassador. For a while I had a Plat Concierge who used to email me and ask if he could do anything for me. I never used him. Would rather call Plat line and speak to first available Concierge or the online chat if I need anything. And as others said, I'd rather make reservations etc myself.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by missxmelon
Definitely. I'm at 93 nights, have an amazing ambassador, and still don't think it's worth hitting 100 again lol
What have you used your Ambassador for that's been 'Amazing?'
Easy fix:

Plat 50 - 10 SNAs
Plat 75 - 15 SNAs
Plat 100 - 20 SNAs
I'm not sure I care about more SNAs. I'd love 5 or 6x points for hitting 100 though!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AC 50K MM, HH DIA, GP DIA, SPG PLT, Delta Gold, Farimont Plat
My ambassador actually did more harm than good when I used her a couple of times.

Never really capitalized on the YOUR24
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fmcfad01
What have you used your Ambassador for that's been 'Amazing?'
I haven't "used" her for anything amazing, but she herself is an amazing person. Proactive / takes the initiative, observant, exceeds expectations when I do ask her to do something (like not only resolve an issue at a hotel, but also get goodwill points for me), and always arranges for a nice snack / welcome gift when I go on vacation with my SO.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Easy fix:

Plat 50 - 10 SNAs
Plat 75 - 15 SNAs
Plat 100 - 20 SNAs
Or keep the same number and increase the pre-clearance.

Plat 50 - 5 days
Plat 75 - 7 days
Plat 100 - 10 days
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Quote:
Or keep the same number and increase the pre-clearance.

Plat 50 - 5 days
Plat 75 - 7 days
Plat 100 - 10 days
Pre-clearance or guaranteed at booking! I would vote for that as well! I'm at 99 nights so I'm going to go for the one additional night to see if the ambassador does me any good for the first time.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Pre-clearance or guaranteed at booking! I would vote for that as well! I'm at 99 nights so I'm going to go for the one additional night to see if the ambassador does me any good for the first time.
Plat - 50 (same)
Plat - 75 (10 days advance clearance)
Plat - 100 (suite guaranteed or if sold out $100 hotel voucher)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Plat - 50 (same)
Plat - 75 (10 days advance clearance)
Plat - 100 (suite guaranteed or if sold out $100 hotel voucher)
That's a good formula. At the moment, I find that if I am investing in 100 hotel nights, the best value would come from allocating 50 to SPG and 50 to Hyatt, since the latter's guaranteed suite vouchers are a great option for family vacations. If I were to invest in only 75 nights, then I feel the best value would be 50 for SPG and 25 to Hilton, as Hilton Gold gives great perks for a mid-level loyalty tier. Unfortunately, the perks of SPG75 and SPG100 will not be able to compete with these alternative allocations until they are beefed up considerably.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:39 pm

I completely agree with you. Right now I have zero motivation to go beyond 50 nights with SPG. Yours24 does nothing for me since SPG properties are very flexible to let me check-in early (11 a.m. as opposed to 3 p.m.) and late check-out (4 p.m.) The extra point also doesn't really entice me enough to spend extra 25-50 nights with them.

If Starwoods wants to make sure they keep people with them beyond 50, they really need to spice up their offers.

I am like most of you, 50 SPG, 25 Hilton
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Sphinx
That's a good formula.
The only way guaranteed upgrades would ever see the light of day is if they reduce the number of SNAs to be more like what Hyatt offers.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:49 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Originally Posted by Sphinx
That's a good formula.
The only way guaranteed upgrades would ever see the light of day is if they reduce the number of SNAs to be more like what Hyatt offers.
Isn't 4 confirmed 7 night upgrade certs from Hyatt more than 10 one night sna's from SPG?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Isn't 4 confirmed 7 night upgrade certs from Hyatt more than 10 one night sna's from SPG?
First, that's only if you have four seven-night stays per year. I know I'm not typical (who on FT is?), but since I started keeping records, and with the exception of an annual conference, I only have four stays longer than three nights, and none longer than five. And second, with Hyatt (as far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong), you get those four confirmed and no other upgrades. I prefer the current Platinum upgrade program.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I would heartily make it to SPG 75 if the guaranteed upgrades were the same as Hyatt's. I find that the one-night stays tend to have the highest upgrade success (and, save occasional special-event weekends, the lowest benefit to me from getting an upgrade -- I'm probably just working and sleeping), while being able to guarantee an upgrade at booking for a longer leisure trip would truly be a useful benefit.

When I was Hyatt Diamond, all of my upgrades were of the "absurd" variety (one presidential suite at a Regency, three giant apartment-like suites at Park Hyatts in Beijing, DC, and Zurich). The best part, of course, is that none of this is on the lottery system as with Starwood: you call up, the agent calls the property and secures the upgrade (informing you of the available room), and you can plan accordingly. If only there were more Hyatt properties, I'd be a Hyatt Diamond in a heartbeat.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL - DM || CX - Diamond || Hilton - Silver || SPG - P100
I have had an ambassador for a couple years and she really tries, but 99% of the time it's easier to just talk to the property directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.