Wiki Posts
Search

Expected Response Time from Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Expected Response Time from Ambassador

Flyers... and Lurkers,

How long should I expect before my email get answered by my ambassador?
In most (if not all) of my email communication with my ambassador, at best, I get reply after 48 hours.

Is email not the preferred way to communicate with our ambassadors? I will be traveling internationally, and can't be expected to have phone connection, thus for me, email is the better way.

Should I be concern with my ambassador, or this is common?

Appreciate any info.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Interesting. I've never waited longer than the next business day. Never had anything urgent for her, either, so NBD works fine for me.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My Ambassador is very proactive in letting me know if he has any changes to his work hours or if he will be out of the office for any reason. In my case, I try to do most things by phone. I like working on things by phone because my requests, while relatively rare (based on my reading of this board), usually involve something more complicated than a standard reservation. Emails are responded to no later than the next office day for my Ambassador when I choose to communicate in that manner.

Plus being "old school" - I feel there is an intangible benefit derived for both sides in having a conversation.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT100
I usually get a reply within minutes if he is on the clock. First thing the next day if he is not.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I also almost always get next day, and an auto-reply of how/who to contact if it's urgent.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Have had 2 ambassadors. Both typically reply within minutes to several hours if it's their usual business hours. Next business day otherwise. If I need something more quickly, I call, or I just call the platinum desk if I really need to reach someone immediately.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Mine replies as soon as she is at her desk. She even writes to me to advise when she will be away, and asks if there is anything she can do before she leaves on vacation.

My ambassador, Jennifer G, should train the other Ambassadors. Then there would be no complaints.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Mine is usually 1-2 days, which i find to be a bit slow
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
My expectation was always 4 business hours. And once I had a good ambassador this was usually met. Early on they also used IM to communicate but they shelved that for lack of accountability and privacy concerns.

1-2 days is too long IMHO, unless over a weekend. In emergencies I would use the phone or, if I am roaming / stuck in a noisy airport terminal I would use SPG Platinum online chat and they will either kick the ambassador into gear or help me there and now.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Mine responds in a couple of hours usually.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all, based on your responses, I think I have the shorter end of the stick.

Definitely time for Lurkers help to replace my ambassador.

So not happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.