Multiple Rooms on 1 stay

Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Multiple Rooms on 1 stay

How many will count toward my platinum nights? I have 10 rooms in Vegas for 4 nights. I know they all won't count, but how many will count towards night?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
3 rooms will count. so three stay credits and 12 night credits i think.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Only if OP stays in (one of) the rooms for three nights and pays for three rooms.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Here's 2 threads OP might be interested as well.

Effective Mar '12: Earn SPG Stay/Night credits for up to 3 rooms per stay
FAQ: Earning points for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

I think we need to put all these FAQ threads into a post of it's own for easy reference hehe...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by plead.5th
How many will count toward my platinum nights? I have 10 rooms in Vegas for 4 nights. I know they all won't count, but how many will count towards night?
Out of the at least ten people, you are the only one with SPG membership? I'd suggest you split the booking with other members so they will get credit too. Just be sure they are a registered guest and they pay the final bill. You can reimburse them or make an early payment to cover most but not all of the bill before checkout and they pay the balance.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Roger,

It's me, 2 other chaperones and 16 high school basketball players for a tournament. Trying to figure the best route here. Although all the food will be billed to my room, not sure how I could benefit the best.

Adding to that I'm not quite sure how the Caesars/Starwood Rewards really work.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by plead.5th
Roger,

It's me, 2 other chaperones and 16 high school basketball players for a tournament. Trying to figure the best route here. Although all the food will be billed to my room, not sure how I could benefit the best.

Adding to that I'm not quite sure how the Caesars/Starwood Rewards really work.
Wow. Times have changed. It appears you are placing two players per room. When I was in high school, our varsity basketball team placed four players per two-bedded room!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:17 am
Original Poster

The costs to put 4 in a room in Vegas are more expensive than just getting another room.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
wait are you staying at the westin in LV or a TR/Caesar's property. If so that changes your stay/night eligibility i believe. I don't think TR/Caesar's stays count toward elite stay credit and not sure how many elite night credits you will receive.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by huynhc
wait are you staying at the westin in LV or a TR/Caesar's property. If so that changes your stay/night eligibility i believe. I don't think TR/Caesar's stays count toward elite stay credit and not sure how many elite night credits you will receive.
Correct. TR/Caesar's do not give you multiple elite nights for > 1 room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.