Wiki Posts
Search

Property leaving SPG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM,Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Property leaving SPG

I have heard rumours that a property I do regular business with is leaving the SPG group . If I can still book stays for this property on spg.com into 2015 is this a good sign?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
there's no way to know for sure until the announcement is formal and the owners make clear their willingness to honor standing reservations. If paid, your chances are far higher than if you're using award nights. Lots of historical examples where precious little notice was given to SPG members who'd booked with points being told hotel would NOT honor bookings.

Proceed with due caution
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

thanks for your insight .
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: WN A&cp, SPGplat
Originally Posted by ThorHermes
If I can still book stays for this property on spg.com into 2015 is this a good sign?
As sbtinme says, better chance of honoring paid. Here's what I received from Starwood earlier this year in that situation:

"We are pleased to advise you that the hotel will honor your reservation and room rate as it was originally confirmed. However, since the hotel will no longer be affiliated with the Starwood system, you will not earn Starpoints for any eligible charges incurred, nor will you receive any of your Starwood Preferred Guest membership amenities or benefits. We hope we can count on your understanding. "

Problem is that if they leave close to your stay, prices elsewhere will likely have gone up, so I'd book a backup early if points/stay-credit matter.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
OP....care to share which hotel you are hearing rumors about. That's what FT is all about...sharing with others so we are the first in the know.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

..a hotel in Victoria , Australia.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:00 pm

Now if Victoria left Australia - that would be a blessing. And I wouldn't even insist that my citizenship benefits were recognised
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Now if Victoria left Australia - that would be a blessing. And I wouldn't even insist that my citizenship benefits were recognised
Are you from Sydney ? Or just a Quebec thing to separate :-) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.