Wiki Posts
Search

Club Upgrade with Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Club Upgrade with Points

I have 2 rooms booked using points at a Sheraton. I am "often" upgraded at Sheratons if I ask to a club floor room at check in but not always.

This time I would like to make certain I can get in the club for both rooms so what is my best option? Should I go ahead and upgrade now, or wait until check in and see if I get the upgrade then for free, and if I don't, use the points then. I assume I can do it at that time?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
I have 2 rooms booked using points at a Sheraton. I am "often" upgraded at Sheratons if I ask to a club floor room at check in but not always.

This time I would like to make certain I can get in the club for both rooms so what is my best option? Should I go ahead and upgrade now, or wait until check in and see if I get the upgrade then for free, and if I don't, use the points then. I assume I can do it at that time?
In theory you can do it at check-in with points. However, as it is not a frequent request, you are likely to run into a front desk agent who will have no idea of how to do it.

As I'm sure you've read in these threads before, if it is important to you to have a particular type of room, RESERVE IT.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by controller1
In theory you can do it at check-in with points.
You may be able to. Not all properties allow upgrades with points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.