Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood worldwide threathen to revoke my membership due to their manager threaten me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood worldwide threathen to revoke my membership due to their manager threaten me

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by tennster
"Horrifying" ? I wonder how something actually, you know, important and, well, horrifying, would be characterized. The gang mentality is taking over here on FT....again (actually : still). Here's another aggrieved "victim" trying to incite the community to rise up against the tyrants. We have no evidence whatsoever for ANYTHING said in this thread. NONE. And even if we did, it is none of our business. (What a novel concept.) Customers (us) "fire" our hotels every single day. In this case, a hotel decided it did not need/want this person's baggage... er, business. It's a two way street. Nothing to see here.
Not sure what you get out of FT....
I guess I had absolutely no right to feel horrified. I better go to shock therapy to punish myself and put this into perspective asap.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Personally, i think things just doesnt add up. Starwood and corporate in my experiences has have always been on customer's side, even though i had an occasion 'diva' moment or two...

It really does not make sense at all on why the GM would react that way unless a guest has done/said something really, really, really bad to staffs/employees. Sorry i just dont buy it...but that is just my personal opinion.

I'll be staying next week, and they even pre-upgraded me to a deluxe suite a day after my brg booking. In fact their starwood rating is 4.5/5 stars...Im dying to know what exactly happened and will request for a 2nd housekeeping service on the same day just to see what they would say...

Perhaps it could have been miscommuncation due to differences in culture...i dont know...the way events happened, things just dont add up...i think some parts of very important information on what exactly happened had been left out to make it look like OP had been a victim. Not trying to insult you, but there's always two sides of the coin...

Last edited by supatight80; Sep 2, 2014 at 12:31 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:05 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by supatight80
Personally, i think things just doesnt add up. Starwood and corporate in my experiences has have always been on customer's side, even though i had an occasion 'diva' moment or two...

It really does not make sense at all on why the GM would react that way unless a guest has done/said something really, really, really bad to staffs/employees. Sorry i just dont buy it...but that is just my personal opinion.

I'll be staying next week, and they even pre-upgraded me to a deluxe suite a day after my brg booking. In fact their starwood rating is 4.5/5 stars...Im dying to know what exactly happened and will request for a 2nd housekeeping service on the same day just to see what they would say...

Perhaps it could have been miscommuncation due to differences in culture...i dont know...the way events happened, things just dont add up...i think some parts of very important information on what exactly happened had been left out to make it look like OP had been a victim. Not trying to insult you, but there's always two sides of the coin...
IME, Luxury Collection, St Regis and even Ws will upgrade guests well in advance.

You are confusing Rooms Division with the Duty Manager who the OP dealt with.

It only takes one bad apple in a senior role for something like this to occur.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
IME, Luxury Collection, St Regis and even Ws will upgrade guests well in advance.

You are confusing Rooms Division with the Duty Manager who the OP dealt with.

It only takes one bad apple in a senior role for something like this to occur.
What im implying is that the vast majority of folks are very happy with the property with the Westin Warsaw, which i highly doubt would be at the top end of the starwood brand (eg. W, St. Regis, Luxury Collection)

I mean why would hotel risk its reputation just for a squabble due to 2nd time same day housekeeping service...personally, i think there is something more to this that the OP isnt saying in what really happened. Example, what did OP exactly say to stefan that made stefan react by saying "i dont give a ***** about your ambassador'? Things like that.

The information is not as detailed as possible, and im dying to find out the hotel's side of the story...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by imtc
1. Quite few of fellow members asked about 75nights and ambassador, below is the answer, as the same answer I have sent to their CS.

Would you please advise whom is your Ambassador? I have not been able to confirm that you have access to this illustrious service based on your volume of stays. In order to receive this service, you need to stay 100 nights or more per calendar year. You are currently on track to earn this service for 2015!

I am not, while I talking to the front desk manager I mentioned I am a loyalty customer and stayed many nights in Starwood hotels, but I never said I am ambassador, stefan apparently called me in rush and said "I don't give .... to Starwood ambassador" while I believe he didn't even looked at my profile.

2. Many fellow members have also wondering if there is any excessive language has been used or even " I really think for any situation to reach this stage there has to be some pretty strong language exchanged. Bordering on a physical exchange. "

The answer to that is none, the most aggressive thing I might said was towards stefan, that is after he threaten me to "throw me of the hotel", then I said "I will make a very serious complaint about you!", in a direct might a bit emotional voice, and he replied "go ahead", and that's all, so that is why I specifically asked the CS guy to look at the camera--if what the hotel claiming was true, then it must be as me and fellow members understand here " I really think for any situation to reach this stage there has to be some pretty strong language exchanged. Bordering on a physical exchange. ", but the most unbelievable point is such thing never happen and hotel still taking most serious decision against me just because I said I want to complaint about you.

I have heard about SPG platinum members complaining bitterly to corporate about hotels, but I believe very few people have heard about a hotel complaining to corporate and then getting the corporate guy to send you an email to revoke your membership.. This is indeed an intriuging story... And no..... This definitely isn't about 25 Euros....... Perhaps the SPG rep on this forum can tell us more details??
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:42 am
Original Poster

What im implying is that the vast majority of folks are very happy with the property with the Westin Warsaw, which i highly doubt would be at the top end of the starwood brand (eg. W, St. Regis, Luxury Collection)

I mean why would hotel risk its reputation just for a squabble due to 2nd time same day housekeeping service...personally, i think there is something more to this that the OP isnt saying in what really happened. Example, what did OP exactly say to stefan that made stefan react by saying "i dont give a ***** about your ambassador'? Things like that.

The information is not as detailed as possible, and im dying to find out the hotel's side of the story...
For the information, stefan started conversation with "I don't give ***", and didn't even ask my side of story.

And I agree with you , things doesn't add up, it doesn't make sense at all, that is the reason you see this post here. Let's be honest, if you stay 200 nights/year in hotel, there always be something that doesn't as expected, but it is first time ever for me to make a serious complaint about it, and just image that, you would understand how unbelievable of what happened.

And unlike you thought, there is nothing in my story is hidden, everything is verifiable, the only thing might not be verifiable was the words said by the GM, but GM himself admit he said he is going to remove me from the hotel(I heard he is going to throw me out of the hotel, ok, different wording dispute, but same meaning, my girlfriend was stand next to me by then, she can confirm my story, but just like westin staff confirm his, it does not add much credibility). Any thing else, the wording from CS HQ, are all Email exchanges, directly taken from Email, my action in cemara, was seen by their own staff, the conversation happened in the lobby, and the CS HQ admit that no body around was disturbed or even notice what was happening, my voice wasn't even loud.

And I totally agree with you about CS stands on the customer side, let's be honest, as long as it is pure argument, involves no physical action or loud shouting, really doesn't matter what was in that argument, the customer are always right, as long as you make a complaint and receive an apology and things solved, but appearlly it is totally not the case this time, that is what make me spend such amount of time to make things right, simply because it is totally out of scope. And from my point of view, I didn't nothing wrong in this case-- request an explanation for an unusual fee.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:28 am

For the information, stefan started conversation with "I don't give ***", and didn't even ask my side of story.

And I agree with you , things doesn't add up, it doesn't make sense at all, that is the reason you see this post here. Let's be honest, if you stay 200 nights/year in hotel, there always be something that doesn't as expected, but it is first time ever for me to make a serious complaint about it, and just image that, you would understand how unbelievable of what happened.

And unlike you thought, there is nothing in my story is hidden, everything is verifiable, the only thing might not be verifiable was the words said by the GM, but GM himself admit he said he is going to remove me from the hotel(I heard he is going to throw me out of the hotel, ok, different wording dispute, but same meaning, my girlfriend was stand next to me by then, she can confirm my story, but just like westin staff confirm his, it does not add much credibility). Any thing else, the wording from CS HQ, are all Email exchanges, directly taken from Email, my action in cemara, was seen by their own staff, the conversation happened in the lobby, and the CS HQ admit that no body around was disturbed or even notice what was happening, my voice wasn't even loud.

And I totally agree with you about CS stands on the customer side, let's be honest, as long as it is pure argument, involves no physical action or loud shouting, really doesn't matter what was in that argument, the customer are always right, as long as you make a complaint and receive an apology and things solved, but appearlly it is totally not the case this time, that is what make me spend such amount of time to make things right, simply because it is totally out of scope. And from my point of view, I didn't nothing wrong in this case-- request an explanation for an unusual fee.
If things happened exactly the way you narrated it to happen, then i am truly sorry and feel bad that this happened to you as Starwood is such a great hotel loyalty program and i personally believe that they value their members very much. But as others have mentioned, if the property or corporate isnt happy with you as a valued customer, i would suggest giving your loyalty elsewhere...

OP quick question, did you get the 2nd time housekeeping service and then complained for being charged the 25 euros? Or did you just inquire about it and when you were told of the price, then you complained for the steep price (without getting the 2nd time housekeeping service)?

Last edited by supatight80; Sep 2, 2014 at 3:40 am Reason: question to OP...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
I have heard about SPG platinum members complaining bitterly to corporate about hotels, but I believe very few people have heard about a hotel complaining to corporate and then getting the corporate guy to send you an email to revoke your membership.. This is indeed an intriuging story... And no..... This definitely isn't about 25 Euros....... Perhaps the SPG rep on this forum can tell us more details??
The hotel does not complaint, I did. If I was correct, they started an " independent review" of my account because of my complaint, result the letter you see in the post.

And for the cleaning question, I requested second time full service and has been quoted for a price, in which I did not agree with, therefore I requested explanation up to the management level, yes, in the end I did not receive the service and I didn't pay.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:09 am

The hotel does not complaint, I did. If I was correct, they started an " independent review" of my account because of my complaint, result the letter you see in the post.

Does SPG launch a review of the account of the person who complained or do they look into the feedback and take it up with the property for service related issues?

I am not familiar with SPG but I agree that it is indeed peculiar why the SPG corporate guy sees fit to review your account rather than look into your feedback on the property... Who dares to complain/feedback anymore if that is so???

You can definitely escalate to higher management... I refuse to believe that the corporate leaders at SPG endorses such behaviour...

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Sep 2, 2014 at 6:17 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:15 am

And for the cleaning question, I requested second time full service and has been quoted for a price, in which I did not agree with, therefore I requested explanation up to the management level, yes, in the end I did not receive the service and I didn't pay.
Were any other Chinese men staying at this hotel? I have to imagine yes. Maybe one of them was abusive toward the staff, and the GM had you confused with him?

A well-known phenomenon in psychology holds that non-Asians tend to distinguish poorly between Asians.

In rereading your previous posts, I am finding any other theory hard to believe. To be fair, you seem to burden yourself with needless stress -- why worry about this? why not switch to Hyatt? -- but otherwise you sound reasonable, which is hardly characteristic of the guests whom Starwood refuses.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:18 am

Most likely another Chinese offended the Hotel Manager, then OP looks like that guy... Or the hotel manager might have had a previous encounter with an unreasonable Chinese guest and it has wrongly influenced him to have certain prejudices perhaps....

And thus the manager told SPG corporate guy(what's his name) that "This chinese did it" but the truth is it has nothing to do with OP.... I agree with the above forumer that it could be that simple...

Threatening to close accounts without concrete evidence or complete justification does not reflect well on the brand... People spend hundreds of thousands to build their status... And since when do corporate executives seek to take punitive actions against a top tier member and yet can't justify the action taken nor be able to explain what exactly was their transgression?

And for those who believe the SPG corporate guy acted appropriately, perhaps this will encourage someone in their corporate office to revoke your membership as well if you indeed decide to complain about something...

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Sep 2, 2014 at 6:48 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:57 am

Are you guys for real??? Youre implying that the GM had confused one chinese from another because they all look the same?! Come on... Race has nothing to do with this. It's a person's attitude, regardless of skin color, on how one acts/reacts when situations like these arise.

And even if there was a case of mistaken identity, when both parties had a heated exchange with one another, i doubt it that the GM would not have some sort of record to whom he had a heated exchange with. A name is a name is a name with a matching spg account number.

OP, your initial post states that you are a single person and no friend standing next to you when the incident happened. Now you replied back saying your "girlfriend" was there and saw the whole incident....so which is which?

Like i said, if you omit things (to your advantage), and then get caught later on (as what seemed to likely happen with corporate when they did a complete about face on you), your credibility diminishes...

Last edited by supatight80; Sep 2, 2014 at 7:17 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Are you guys for real??? Youre implying that the GM had confused one chinese from another because they all look the same?! Come on... Race has nothing to do with this. It's a person's attitude, regardless of skin color, on how one acts/reacts when situations like these arise.
That is a possibility I did not consider.

I have been misidentified as my colleague before and gotten a lot of insults, so this scenario is definitely plausible
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:25 am
Original Poster

And even if there was a case of mistaken identity, when both parties had a heated exchange with one another, i doubt it that the GM would not have some sort of record to whom he had a heated exchange with. A name is a name is a name with a matching spg account number.

OP, your initial post states that you are a single person and no friend standing next to you when the incident happened. Now you replied back saying your "girlfriend" was there and saw the whole incident....so which is which?

Like i said, if you omit things (to your advantage), and then get caught later on (as what seemed to likely happen with corporate when they did a complete about face on you), your credibility diminishes...
" if you omit things (to your advantage), and then get caught later on (as what seemed to likely happen with corporate when they did a complete about face on you), your credibility diminishes..."

I found this sentence in-appreicate without supporting evidence, if you do feel that you stand for starwood and have any evidence that supporting your assumption, please provide it, otherwise I find this common very personal.

My girl friend was with me when I back to the hotel, but was not with me while I requested the service and had the argument with hotel staff and in the phone with stefan. And while stefan start behaving aggressively on the lobby, I naturally ask her to step aside.

For other fellow member suggest i was being confused by another Chinese--I don't know the answer, maybe yes maybe no, but even in that case, sending such letter to a customer that won't even responds for what happening by CS HQ, is highly unprofessional and very unbelievable.

And no, I am not stressed here, looking for another program at this moment and just get rid of all my SPG credit, mostly stay in Asian and Europe, aside from standard internet and breakfast, I more care about suits upgrade, if any one has good suggestion, would be appreciated.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:33 am

And while stefan start behaving aggressively on the lobby, I naturally ask her to step aside.

What did stefan do?? Did he threaten to get physical with you? Why ask your gf to step aside... Was Stefan getting ready to do something?? Did he have a hatchet in his hand or something??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.