Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood worldwide threathen to revoke my membership due to their manager threaten me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood worldwide threathen to revoke my membership due to their manager threaten me

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
To me this situation has not been handled properly by Starwood. Not even close. This is only based on the items we have discussed here.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
So, in your opinion, Starwood adequately rectified the situation yet you still shifted your business elsewhere? I'd much rather give my business to a chain which makes mistakes but addresses them properly. It's easy to perform well when things are going smoothly. The real test is how they handle it when things go awry. To me, that's a much better indicator of management's skill and customer focus and commitment.
One of two things I would venture a guess at. First is that Starwood rectified the situation after the OP already moved to the FS. Additionally, while OP may be happy with Starwood, the individual property very well could be on OP's blacklist and he moved on that principle.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:01 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
So, in your opinion, Starwood "adequately rectified the situation" yet you still shifted your business elsewhere? I'd much rather give my business to a chain which makes mistakes but addresses them properly. It's easy to perform well when things are going smoothly. The real test is how they handle it when things go awry. To me, that's a much better indicator of management's skill and customer focus and commitment.
I think you misunderstood. We checked into the FS when the incident occurred. *wood could not rectify the situation immediately.

*wood took appropriate action after around a month. As a result, I still stay with *wood, however also stay Hyatt and FS properties. My allegiances are property specific.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I think you misunderstood. We checked into the FS when the incident occurred. *wood could not rectify the situation immediately.

*wood took appropriate action after around a month. As a result, I still stay with *wood, however also stay Hyatt and FS properties. My allegiances are property specific.
Thanks for the clarification. I understand now.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zagy
OP can you share the timeline (dates) of things?

Looking at your other post in the Westin thread, it would seem that this event happened about July 10th? And you received the Starwood corporate email now - about a month and a half later?

This would suggest that corporate took quite a lot of time to analyze things, no?
the situation was happened at 1st July, and after one and half week no reply from CS, I made a post here on 10th July, the final letter I was received on 1 Aug, but due to vacation period I just came back to read my email recently.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Quite horrifying that they would just boot you from Starwood because of a disagreement with one property.
I would like to think that it would take some serious infraction like thousands of dollars in damage or breaking the T&C in a serious way.
It would be nice if they would tell how they made their decision and mentioned what kind of evidence the hotel provided.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Quite horrifying that they would just boot you from Starwood because of a disagreement with one property.
I would like to think that it would take some serious infraction like thousands of dollars in damage or breaking the T&C in a serious way.
It would be nice if they would tell how they made their decision and mentioned what kind of evidence the hotel provided.
I would totally agree---and that is what I have found unbelievable for the chain.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
I find it surprising that two different people at Starwood gave the OP two completely conflicting stories without an explanation of the change. In organizations like these, "one voice" is always a priority. With that said I'm surprised that Starwood HQ has the surveillance tape. This means the hotel found the correct tape of the incident in question, made a copy, sent it off internationally, and has it in a form that was easily readable by Starwood HQ. That seems like a lot of work for this.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Flews
Another thread where the OP is a perfect angel, and the GM, FDM, other property staff, and Starwood corporate are all in the wrong.

Think about it.

Cheers,
"Then, for no reason at all...."
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zone1
This means the hotel found the correct tape of the incident in question, made a copy, sent it off internationally, and has it in a form that was easily readable by Starwood HQ. That seems like a lot of work for this.
Most likely the surveillance video is computerized, and the incident in question could be emailed to Starwood HQ within a few hours in one of a few standard video file formats.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
"Horrifying" ? I wonder how something actually, you know, important and, well, horrifying, would be characterized. The gang mentality is taking over here on FT....again (actually : still). Here's another aggrieved "victim" trying to incite the community to rise up against the tyrants. We have no evidence whatsoever for ANYTHING said in this thread. NONE. And even if we did, it is none of our business. (What a novel concept.) Customers (us) "fire" our hotels every single day. In this case, a hotel decided it did not need/want this person's baggage... er, business. It's a two way street. Nothing to see here.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by tennster
"Horrifying" ? I wonder how something actually, you know, important and, well, horrifying, would be characterized. The gang mentality is taking over here on FT....again (actually : still). Here's another aggrieved "victim" trying to incite the community to rise up against the tyrants. We have no evidence whatsoever for ANYTHING said in this thread. NONE. And even if we did, it is none of our business. (What a novel concept.) Customers (us) "fire" our hotels every single day. In this case, a hotel decided it did not need/want this person's baggage... er, business. It's a two way street. Nothing to see here.
It's my understanding FT is for consumer advocacy. Otherwise, we would pose all of our questions to the airlines/hotels/rental car companies themselves.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:46 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
What an odd post. I don't think any of my posts about bad service have ever had 'evidence' to argue my point on Flyertalk. I would argue most posts on Flyertalk, other than can proved by a hotel announcement or aircraft swap could be considered to have 'evidence.'

Last edited by m0hamed; Sep 1, 2014 at 10:43 pm
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
"Horrifying"? I wonder how something actually, you know, important and, well, horrifying, would be characterized.
Exactly. ISIS/Foley? Horrifying. Being disinvited by a hotel/chain without reason (even assuming that the OP's report is totally accurate)? Not horrifying. Inconvenient? Sure. Bad business decision? Possibly, perhaps even likely. But horrifying? I don't think so.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
I would hope that *wood would let the OP know if they reviewed a few things in reaching their final decision before confirming his ban:
-did they uphold the ban after reviewing the video and letter stating he did not seem violent or excessive? Is this based on anything other than the word of the GM? (Not that there's anything wrong with *wood backing their employees.)
-is there indeed a $25 2nd cleaning fee charge that is widely applied at the westin warsaw (or other hotels either in Poland or *wood) and how is a client reasonably informed of this? Is it in the hotel info thing usually on the desk with the room service menu, laundry charges, gym hours, etc? (what's that thing called officially, anyway?)
I can't say I'd be happy to ever see a charge for a reasonable 2nd cleaning request, but if the cleaning is well after hours, or the OP was demanding something besides refreshing towels and making the bed, (vacuuming, full bathroom scrub-down?) then I could see a charge being OK, if bad customer service for a full service hotel.

I'm reminded of a negative experience I had at the Westin Bristol Palace about 10 years ago - I emailed the hotel ahead of my stay asking how to take the train to auschwitz on a sunday, as the train schedule online was only in polish.
The hotel emailed a quick response and offered me a chauffeur-driven limo for 300 euros. I thanked them and reiterated that I was only interested in the train. They replied imploring me to use their comfortable limo service, and that they would look into it and have the info for me when I arrived.
Upon arrival and every day of my stay week-long, I asked about the train schedule, to which I would get the limo push and the promise to look at the schedule and get me the times.
I only received the info by standing at the front desk - after begging for 5 days the various concierges, lounge staff and finally the manager on duty to confirm which train and times I needed to make the round-trip - train schedule in one hand and banging my other fist on the counter yelling "there are no circumstances under which I will take a 300 euro limo to a concentration camp! Are you going to help me or not?"
Abusive? Maybe, depending on your viewpoint. It was in response to repeated poor service and insensitivity from the staff. Pushing a "rich american" into a 300 euro limo instead of a $4 round trip train may be opportunistic yet forgivable if I wanted to go almost anywhere else, but to try and profit from a trip to a death camp is imho something that deserves a little yelling once it became clear they were keeping the info from me in hopes to push me into the limo service. This has since been one of my worst experiences at any hotel, ever (only supplanted by the Grand Hyatt DC.)
I never sought anything from SPG customer service, as I got the info I needed in the end. To think, I could have been banned from SPG! (or at least on probation, as anything else might get the OP thrown out.)
Good luck to the OP and the GM - I just hope we get some real info from *wood - like which hotels might charge for a 2nd cleaning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.