Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] St Regis Venice San Clemente Palace, Italy: Closed to become a Kempinski

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Closed on November 1, 2015 for conversion to a Kempinski, reopening March 24 2016
Print Wikipost

[GONE] St Regis Venice San Clemente Palace, Italy: Closed to become a Kempinski

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat; OneWorld Emerald; *A Gold
Arrow [GONE] St Regis Venice San Clemente Palace, Italy: Closed to become a Kempinski

Decided to go with the StR over the advice of others (thanks for the input and sorry at the same time!). Couldn't resist being one of the first to check this out.

Sitting in the hotel right now after day 1. I must say, the shuttle service is great. Some on here were guessing it takes 20 minutes, but it actually takes around 11-12 minutes pier to pier. It is very prompt, and 20 minute intervals are fine.

My first time here, but I personally like the contrast between the hustle and bustle of Venice during peak season and the tranquility of this property.

More to follow after day 2 and 3...
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

LPC6, your report is much appreciated. If you have time, I'd appreciate answers to these questions.
  1. What is your opinion of the food quality at the hotel?
  2. Do they offer a direct boat to any of the other Starwood properties, particularly the Gritti?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

I've only had a quick snack so far. I think lunch is still in the works at this property as they only offer buffet lunch (but have been willing to accommodate smaller request). Tomorrow, we are having dinner at the restaurant, which sits by the water, so will let you know how that is.

The boat service is only to the Danieli.

Also to note, service runs from 9am to midnight. I think between 11am and 10pm, the service runs every 20 mins. "Off-peak" times it is every 40.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Anything else anyone wants to know, I'll keep an eye out for!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Had a great stay here. There could have been more food choices, but that's really the only complaint. Location is fine and actually a refreshing break from the city.

BTW, if you're not trying to go to every single museum and the other islands (Murano-Burano, Lido), 3 days felt like enough...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LPC6
Had a great stay here. There could have been more food choices, but that's really the only complaint. Location is fine and actually a refreshing break from the city.

BTW, if you're not trying to go to every single museum and the other islands (Murano-Burano, Lido), 3 days felt like enough...
LPC6! thank for the valuable information.

I am trying to decide if I should stay there in October, I will be arriving on Thursday at noon and leaving Saturday at noon (in a cruise ship), and based on your review it shouldn't be that bad to take the shuttle back and forth. We are not planning to check out the museums, just the basic stuff.

Questions:

1) How did you get from the airport to the hotel? What are the options? How much it cost? We are only 2 people.

2)The day of my departure, I have to go to the cruise ship, do they have taxis available?

3)Do you remember how much the breakfast buffet cost?

4) Any upgrades for SPG members?

Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Moderator Note

FYI, pre-opening discussion about this property, its location, initial rates, and other topics can be found in this now-closed thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post23266742

/Moderator
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:11 am
Original Poster

1) My fiancee and I took the Alilaguna Linea Blu, it was the cheapest option. We didn't realise that it was painfully slow. It takes about 75 minutes to get from the airport to San Zaccaria, which is the stop right next to the shuttle (literally 3 minutes walk to the shuttle stop). I think it cost something around €14 each. It was certainly significantly cheaper than the water taxi, which I think would have been about €80+?

2) The hotel can definitely organise a taxi for you, it'll come pick you up at the hotel pier and take you where you want

3) I believe the breakfast buffet was €30/person at least that's what it showed on the bill, but got it as my platinum benefit.

4) I was told I got upgraded, but not sure what the other rooms looked like. I was happy with the room we received.

Originally Posted by lookcle1
LPC6! thank for the valuable information.

I am trying to decide if I should stay there in October, I will be arriving on Thursday at noon and leaving Saturday at noon (in a cruise ship), and based on your review it shouldn't be that bad to take the shuttle back and forth. We are not planning to check out the museums, just the basic stuff.

Questions:

1) How did you get from the airport to the hotel? What are the options? How much it cost? We are only 2 people.

2)The day of my departure, I have to go to the cruise ship, do they have taxis available?

3)Do you remember how much the breakfast buffet cost?

4) Any upgrades for SPG members?

Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
St. Regis San Clemente Palace has just announced its Starwood Luxury Privileges amenities:

• Upgrade if available upon check-in
  • Daily buffet breakfast for two
  • One 85€ F&B credit per room per stay
  • early check-in, late check-out, subj. to availability

There's also a 4th night free promotion for all reservations made before Oct. 28th for stays until Oct. 31, 2014. The fourth night free will be credited at check-out.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Just stayed here 3 nights, with cash and points. Suite nights cleared.

Overall it was a positive experience. This "private island" is not really that far. You can see it from St Mark's Square. It is kind of neat to go back to a private island and away from the fray. The free boat shuttle runs every 30 minutes in both directions, and it takes about 10-15 minutes to get across to St Mark's Square.

But, it does add some hassle. On our first day the boat ran every 45 minutes (instead of 30) because apparently their 2nd boat had a problem. They resolved it by the second day but we didn't know the regular schedule was different so we ended up wasting a lot of time waiting for the boat to get out.

I think we got a good deal with cash and points and the upgrade, so happy with what we got. If Gritti or Danieli were priced similarly / had similar C+P availability then those are probably better more convenient options, esp. for a short stay.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG
why on earth is this hotel closing for renovations come november when it just opened last june?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Renovations?

Or winter closing?

Afaics next year also closed in november.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Updated wiki, looks like a winter closure.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
It's a winter closure but the website does state:

The St. Regis Venice San Clemente Palace is closed for the season and is undergoing renovations. The resort will reopen on April 1, 2015.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Morland
It's a winter closure but the website does state:

The St. Regis Venice San Clemente Palace is closed for the season and is undergoing renovations. The resort will reopen on April 1, 2015.
Thanks for the heads up, wiki updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.