Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[NEW] Sheraton Samui Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand - Opened March 30, 2015

[NEW] Sheraton Samui Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand - Opened March 30, 2015

Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry
Post Sheraton Samui Resort - Opening March 30, 2015

Looks like it's been pushed back to March of next year.

Sheraton Samui Resort - Opening March 30, 2015

UPDATE:
Sheraton Samui Resort - Opening March 31, 2015

SPG Category 3

Reservations now open.

Last edited by lcpteck; Feb 25, 2015 at 7:37 am Reason: update
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Looks like it's been pushed back to March of next year.

Sheraton Samui Resort - Opening March 30, 2015
Link?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Link?
Saw it under new hotels listing.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
And it looks like its gone from SPG booking page. I was just checking cause expected to book a stay for next year. But the hotelis gone from the booking page. Maybe it will not even be March 2015 but 2016?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by fred8ab
And it looks like its gone from SPG booking page. I was just checking cause expected to book a stay for next year. But the hotelis gone from the booking page. Maybe it will not even be March 2015 but 2016?
I believe they just removed the website. There's no link from the new hotels page on my previous post.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:49 am

So it looks like it is taking reservations now. I'm looking at a stay in mid may and prices look good. I assume this beach is better than LM?

Wondering if the club will serve drinks for PLT?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
So it looks like it is taking reservations now. I'm looking at a stay in mid may and prices look good. I assume this beach is better than LM?

Wondering if the club will serve drinks for PLT?
Well, it's a new property and not even opened yet so your guess is good as anybody's.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
IIRC, its location is close to Vana Belle. So yes, the beach there is supposed to be better than the beach at le meridien.

FYI, it's a category 3 resort.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
some pics would be nice before booking
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I was actually considering trying here as well as might be in Samui start of April. My understanding pictures are being taken in the next 5 days or so although no idea when they will make it to the site!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:27 am

Post Special Opening Offer

Special Opening Offer

Celebrate the launch of Sheraton Samui Resort with special benefits:
  • Daily buffet breakfast for up to two persons at Coco Spice
  • 15% discount on Food and Beverage
  • Complimentary in-room Internet
  • Free Wi-Fi in all public areas and restaurants
  • Double Starpoints

THB 4,200+++ per room per night for stays between March 31, 2015 - December 23, 2015.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Trying to decide between this place and LM. Wavering because LM is probably nicer, but the beach kinda sucks. The old Imperial rooms leave a lot to be desired so I'd like a peek at least before throwing down. Anyone seen it yet?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Walked yesterday along the beach and found the construction place. I hardly can't they will open by end of the month. I really would give the Hotel at least anathor 2 month to fix everything.

But maybe they are magician and will make it untiel end of this month. (My last information is they will open end of March 15)

The location on this beach area looks realy fine. The only strange thing we only found on this beach area massice very small yeally fish. Size like sand dollar surrounded by fine hair. Seem to be no problem as people where swimming but its strange caus in Chaweng is nothing and another bay further, Silver Beach also nothing.

As the sheraton was suppossed to open earlier I really wanted to book it. We would have been one of the first then inside and I'm happy we did not.

My first and only experience with 'early' opening new Hotel was the 4P Perth and we ended up in fully construction place. After one night we moved to the Hyatt. This seems to be part of the opening ceremony at Starwoods new Hotel for the loyal guests.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exmike
some pics would be nice before booking
Since, as stated upthread, this property is the conversion of the The Imperial Samui Beach Resort to Starwood management, you can find pictures (before the work) on their website.

BTW, the hotel was a 4.5 star (per TripAdvisor, which is pretty reliable IME) before the renovation.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:39 pm

Have a booking here at 5th of April for 4 nights. Will be interesting to see how much ongoing construction there will be. If it's too bad I guess I can hope that they move me to the Vana Belle next door 😞

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.