Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Direct Deposit Snafu?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Airline Direct Deposit Snafu?

Hi-

I am wondering if anyone else has had any problems with having their accounts direct depositing their points to their airline of choice. I setup an account years ago and some how set up an earning preference of direct deposit to an Delta. Upon coming back over to SPG from Hilton last year, I thoroughly checked for this and couldn't find anything. Most of the other hotel loyalty websites allow you to select an earning preference... not SPG at least from what I can find. I calculated the amount of points lost to be over 60,000 in the last year and SPG Platinum Concierge is escalating this up to see if they can do anything.

Has anyone else had this happen, or have any tips on getting the points back? I could care less about the delta points and wouldn't mind them being transferred back to SPG. If this fails, would a goodwill credit for this amount even be a possibility?

Best regards,
DW
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dwatson0101
Hi-

I am wondering if anyone else has had any problems with having their accounts direct depositing their points to their airline of choice. I setup an account years ago and some how set up an earning preference of direct deposit to an Delta. Upon coming back over to SPG from Hilton last year, I thoroughly checked for this and couldn't find anything. Most of the other hotel loyalty websites allow you to select an earning preference... not SPG at least from what I can find. I calculated the amount of points lost to be over 60,000 in the last year and SPG Platinum Concierge is escalating this up to see if they can do anything.

Has anyone else had this happen, or have any tips on getting the points back? I could care less about the delta points and wouldn't mind them being transferred back to SPG. If this fails, would a goodwill credit for this amount even be a possibility?

Best regards,
DW
First of all, Welcome to FT.

Unfortunately, IMO you will be disappointed as transfers of points (whether direct deposit or member initiated) are irrevocable and final. SPG will be able to change your election, if you have not already done so, but I don't believe you will get your points back.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

re

Thank you for the response. They have escalated it to another team and at this point it is fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.