Community
Wiki Posts
Search

require help regarding promo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
require help regarding promo

Hi- I'm booking 4 nights in London and one has to be on points. It's for the end of this month and I just heard today that I'm going. I was going to book the buy 2 get 3rd free at Park Lane, then get my free night on points either before that stay or after. But I recall someone here telling me last month that I shouldn't book a points stay on a Sunday after my 3 night stay in NYC b/c it would mess with the promo going on now. Does anyone know what that means?

The exchange rate is rough and I'm lucky to have found the 1st deal, which gives me the 3rd night free. I need to use points for the 4th night but it doesn't matter to me if I book the points stay on Thurs and then stay Fri-Sunday on the offer, or if I should book the 3 night stay for Thursday-Saturday, then cash points in on Sunday? Does it really affect the promo going on now?

Thank-you- I'm in a rush to book these before the deals disappear but I don't want to mess up and miss out on getting points from this promo. I'm also staying my last night at a 2nd hotel by the airport as I normally do, so am hoping THAT doesn't mess anything up.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
The current promotion offers double points for all nights; however, if your stay includes a Sunday, then the entire stay earns triple points. By booking the revenue portion to include the Sunday night, you can go from 2x to 3x points.

As a quick note, it appears that the Park Lane is not participating in the current promo.

Last edited by lilpisher; Jul 13, 2014 at 9:59 pm Reason: Added addendum about Park Lane not participating.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Thanks! Bummer about the promo, though. It figures when I have to spend out of pocket and it's too much, I won't get extra points. Oh well, it's good to know I don't need to worry about the way I book it!
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the bigger problem would be that having a "stay" include a free night makes all nights of that stay ineligible for the promo. Read the T&C, especially IIRC where eligible nights are defined for the promo as opposed for SPG stay/nights credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.