Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can SPG hotels see reservations you've made at other SPG hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum (100+), Hyatt Platinum, Delta Gold, United Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver

Does anyone know whether individual SPG hotels can see your upcoming (or past) reservations made at other hotels? Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2014, 4:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ck646
Does anyone know whether individual SPG hotels can see your upcoming (or past) reservations made at other hotels? Thanks!
Here are a couple of Starwood threads that discuss this subject:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ck-merged.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...e-manager.html
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I have received email from one hotel asking how we enjoyed our earlier stay at a different hotel. I have also received email from one hotel where we just stayed commenting how Starwood looked forward to our next stay, also at a different hotel.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
IME
They can see my reservation on link hotel (same owner) like
Sheraton Hua hin and Sheraton Hua hin pranburi villa.
Another are not.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I have obtained info about other stays from FDCs. But they have been quick to say it may not be the most current info. I don't recall if these were franchised properties or not.

Is there a particular concern?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Just out of curiosity, why do you ask? If it's for reservation assistance, the concierges have always been happy to help sort out rezzies at other Starwood hotels for me. Typically, they telephone their counterparts at the other hotels.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum (100+), Hyatt Platinum, Delta Gold, United Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Thanks for all of the responses and apologies for not searching more carefully first!

Roger/Dr. HFH, I've been staying at one property for about four months and have a special rate (my firm has a large number of people staying there). I'm trying to book through the end of 2014, but the hotel won't let me reserve rooms yet because they want to see if they can find customers at the normal rate. I'm tired of waiting and worried that my next choice properties will be booked by then, so I've made reservations elsewhere. I was mainly curious if they might see this during my last few stays and realize they're about to lose a weekly guest with ~6 months left in the area.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Roger/Dr. HFH, I've been staying at one property for about four months and have a special rate (my firm has a large number of people staying there). I'm trying to book through the end of 2014, but the hotel won't let me reserve rooms yet because they want to see if they can find customers at the normal rate. I'm tired of waiting and worried that my next choice properties will be booked by then, so I've made reservations elsewhere. I was mainly curious if they might see this during my last few stays and realize they're about to lose a weekly guest with ~6 months left in the area.
If you'd prefer to stay at your normal place, I'd get in touch with the GM and tell him/her. I'd be surprised if s/he didn't care and was prepared to let you walk.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Thanks for all of the responses and apologies for not searching more carefully first!

Who are you dealing with at the property? Maybe escalating either with the GM or your company travel coordinator will get you the attention you want. If the property is playing games like this your company may wish to change vendors. Make suggestions and show you are an influencer.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Sorta related // along the lines of "what can the hotel actually see"

I'm sort of an obsessive book/cancel/rebook-at-lower-rate kinda guy. I've been known to cancel and rebook a hotel up to 4 times prior to a stay. Can the FD Agent see this? Does anyone care?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Sorta related // along the lines of "what can the hotel actually see"

I'm sort of an obsessive book/cancel/rebook-at-lower-rate kinda guy. I've been known to cancel and rebook a hotel up to 4 times prior to a stay. Can the FD Agent see this? Does anyone care?
Yes, they can. And no nobody really cares. A few properties would however email you on why you cancelled so many times, so they can improve their services.

Got an email from Le Meridien Mexico City last week or so on why I have cancelled (several times) my stay with them, because they want to improve their services and if I had any concerns with the property.

Told them that if they take a look at my profile, i just changed the dates and staying 7 days instead of 5.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:16 am

Have never been asked why I've cancelled so much, but I have had a hotel from a previous stay call my current hotel (and in a different country no less!) to ask my to check me email regarding an issue I had at the first hotel.

And another hotel called ahead because a member of my party had a cough, and got the upcoming hotel to give us non-feather hypo-allergenic pillows! Wow! :P

So yes I'm sure they can see where we've been and where we're going too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.