Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Moscow Nikolskaya, Russian Federation

The St. Regis Moscow Nikolskaya, Russian Federation

Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by Merlion
I would personally stay at this property vs. National. Today there is an announcement that St. Regis brand can be applied to this property. So stay here before it's St. Regis with price adjustments
National is over 100 years old historic prop, where many historic persons stayed like Lenin, Herbert Wells, etc. Though not bad, it's slightly dated being renovated over 20 years ago. But it's classy. Location: Manezhnaya Square and Alexandrovskiy Garden. You can take an underpass under 6 lane heavy traffic street to the square.
Nikolskaya is the pedestrian only street which starts from Nikolskaya Tower of the Kremlin (right off the Red Square) and stops at Lubyanka square.
Hotel is brand new and kitsch. Cat 5 is a steal. Definitely, will jump to 6 on March 1st, 2015.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Any recent experience in this hotel? Any complimentary breakfast/lounge as a plat? I think this may be my first time in a St. Regis.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Bumping for any trip reviews, particularly around Platinum recognition.

I am familiar with the Ritz and Park Hyatt, but considering this hotel for a stay later in the month.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just had a 2-night stay here on points. As platinum, I was upgraded to Astor Suite. Large separate bedroom, living room area and 1 1/2 bath, large walk in closet area. The butler was very attentive and at my beck and call for everything I needed.

I chose breakfast as amenity, which was superb. Full buffet and made to order eggs.

Location is great. Walking distance to the shopping area and red square.

Great time to be in Moscow as the rubles are weak against the dollar. My private transportation from DME-Hotel-DME was 2900 rubles. ^
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
I just had a 2-night stay here on points. As platinum, I was upgraded to Astor Suite. Large separate bedroom, living room area and 1 1/2 bath, large walk in closet area. The butler was very attentive and at my beck and call for everything I needed.

I chose breakfast as amenity, which was superb. Full buffet and made to order eggs.

Location is great. Walking distance to the shopping area and red square.

Great time to be in Moscow as the rubles are weak against the dollar. My private transportation from DME-Hotel-DME was 2900 rubles. ^
Good review. Interesting if they would be so generous upgrades wise in summer. National goes for junior suites at most. 2900 was a good deal before currency crush -- US$80-90, but now it just about US$45. Though for some who are letting an apartment in MOW while living abroad is 50% less revenue
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm currently at the St Regis. I've never been a fan of the St Regis "modern vintage chic" look, but if there's anywhere that it might work it would be Moscow, and possibly Dubai.

As a Platinum I was upgraded to what is apparently the largest of the Astor Suites, which is one up from the base full suite. The suite is huge and perhaps the size of the Apartment at the Westin KL which up to now had been the largest Starwood room I'd ever been in.

Service has been very good, with an assigned Butler and a fast-moving concierge. There's a nice pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna area that I had completely to myself.

If I had one criticism (beyond not liking the St Regis style in general) it would be the bar programme, which was as weak as I've seen in many other St Regis hotels around the world. I realise many of the best bar teams are tied up to one hotel chain, but I'd strongly recommend the St Regis chain throw a few hundred thousand at the likes of the Dead Rabbit, Happiness Forgets or 28 Hong Kong Street to get some destination bars going. The St Regis Moscow is the only 5* without a bar worthwhile going to - just as is the case in many other cities.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Bumping the thread. Any recent experiences? Trying to decide on National vs St Regis - I'm tempted to check off Luxury Collection in my brand list for the 11 brands, but not at the expense of a significantly worse property.

Any Platinum experiences at either property on paid rates? One of the reviews of National appeared to imply that they no longer give a proper Platinum breakfast.

Prices are similar between the two in my case on the dates, oddly enough.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Same dilemma ... Trying to choose between the st Regis and national, luxury collection. Prices are comparable for my dates but national has better location closer to the Kremlin? Thanks for any tips!

Ps: no spg status
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
St. Regis vs Park Hyatt???

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
Same dilemma ... Trying to choose between the st Regis and national, luxury collection. Prices are comparable for my dates but national has better location closer to the Kremlin? Thanks for any tips!

Ps: no spg status
Distance to the Kremlin is pretty much the same -- 2-5 min by foot depending how fast you walk. St. Regis is newer. National's suites have best possible view of the Kremlin. Even for Plat it is rare to get an upgrade there though, especially May to Sep. SR rooms have no view.
I'd go with SR for the same $$, especially w/o status.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
St. Regis vs Park Hyatt???

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hyatt used to be No.1 for the rich and famous. You could often spot famous actors, politicians, TV people, etc. Top notch ultra expensive restaurants. With SR arrival, that is changing... Hipsters prefer SR more than Hyatt. Location wise -- close. Most Hyatt rooms have no view. SR rooms have no view either.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Medved
Distance to the Kremlin is pretty much the same -- 2-5 min by foot depending how fast you walk. St. Regis is newer. National's suites have best possible view of the Kremlin. Even for Plat it is rare to get an upgrade there though, especially May to Sep. SR rooms have no view.
I'd go with SR for the same $$, especially w/o status.
Thank you! StR it is.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I'll be staying here starting next Tuesday for a week. Will report back on my stay and experience
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:07 pm

Look forward to it ... Safe travels!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Medved
Hotel is brand new and kitsch. Cat 5 is a steal. Definitely, will jump to 6 on March 1st, 2015.
No change yet! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.