Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Beachwood, OH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Aloft Beachwood, OH

Pretty thin on comments about this new Starwood property in East Cleveland, so I thought I would kick things off with a review (caveated with the fact that I really enjoy Alofts and realize that this opinion my not be widely shared among FT-ers).

Pros:
Rate--very reasonable (and the cheapest in the area)
Dog-friendly--no added fees and doggie goodie bag provided at check-in
Lots of free parking in front and back
Lifetime Gym located next door (no access granted, but great if already a member)
MAGC-eligible
Friendly staff
Clean and comfortable
Curtains completely black out the room--great for light sleepers
No street noise

Cons:
Location--feels far away from everything, but good for folks passing through
Thin walls--a common complaint about Aloft, so not really any different than the other properties
Bedding--comforter, but no sheet

All in all, a great place and a great stay.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Aloft Beachwood, OH

I agree based on a stay last month. Overall one of my better Aloft experiences so far. I did hear street noise since I was given a room directly over the entrance (on a high floor) but it was not bothersome.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG-plat, AirMiles-gold
My first impression of the hotel was rather Meh... yes it's a brand new Aloft, so nice and clean and sparkly new.

When I entered the front lobby to check in I was the only person on the whole lobby. I waited several minutes before someone came out. I was even looking to see if there was a little silver bell on the desk to ding. lol.

When he did come out from the back kitchen door, he was non-apologetic and was rather like a bored starbucks barrista who had the unfortunate task of actually working.

The room was typical Aloft, (which I'm not a fan of) but I have to admit I had one of the best sleeps I've had in a while. Very quite, with a very comfortable bed and pillows.

Like EkekoBWI said, it is far from from everything but walking distance to the new Eton headquarters.

I'd recommend only if you have to be in Beachwood
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:44 pm

Anecdotal, but a flexible rate for mon-thurs at this place is $169/nt. With taxes it is $197/nt.

Aloft Cool Springs was like this as well in regards to pricing. I am surprised the Aloft is coming in at this price a little bit. There is a Hotel Indigo that just opened in the last couple months, and it is a brand new build with flexible rates in the $110-130 range. If it were not for the value of SPG points with platinum bonus, credit card bonus, and MAGC - I would not consider paying... $197/nt for a flexible rate.

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Pretty thin on comments about this new Starwood property in East Cleveland, so I thought I would kick things off with a review (caveated with the fact that I really enjoy Alofts and realize that this opinion my not be widely shared among FT-ers).

Pros:
Rate--very reasonable (and the cheapest in the area)
Dog-friendly--no added fees and doggie goodie bag provided at check-in
Lots of free parking in front and back
Lifetime Gym located next door (no access granted, but great if already a member)
MAGC-eligible
Friendly staff
Clean and comfortable
Curtains completely black out the room--great for light sleepers
No street noise

Cons:
Location--feels far away from everything, but good for folks passing through
Thin walls--a common complaint about Aloft, so not really any different than the other properties
Bedding--comforter, but no sheet

All in all, a great place and a great stay.

Last edited by factory81; Mar 20, 2015 at 3:57 pm
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I found the desk staff and kitchen staff to be pretty chatty and enthusiastic. Desk staff couldn't make Keyless work, however, after multiple attempts, on a phone that has successfully used keyless at other aloft properties.

The pool was way underheated on a typical January day. I don't need hot springs-like temperatures (is that a Florida/Arizona thing?) but it was downright chilly. In other regrettable BTU-saving, heat was off in the room when I walked in, or set at a default temp below 60F.

There certainly are other hotels in the area along Richmond Road. It's ~3 miles south of the Beachwood Mall if that serves as a landmark. It has easy access for through-traffic on I-480/I-271.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I had another stay. The pool was still cold. Complaints by me - and other guests - did little to change that. It seems they're more interested in saving utility $ than in guest satisfaction.

The casual restaurant chain next door, Piada (Italian street food) counter-ordered like Chipotle, is a modest convenience with the aloft's limited menu and no lunch service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.