Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Asking appropriate service Recovery from a hotel?

Asking appropriate service Recovery from a hotel?

Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by snaffled
I think lunch, massages, laundry and an upgrade more than covers the inconvenience, and that you are not entitled to anything else. As remymartin suggested, let it go and enjoy the weekend.
I second that.

Not sure why you did not request for room change, which I would have done so. Not sure if this is hotel wide problem or just specific room/floor.

I had experienced the same problem where the hotel said they have clean up the water tank and end up giving me a muddy water. I will have not notice it if I did not plan for a soak in bath tube. The water in the toilet bowl was clearer than come up at bath tube and the hotel did nothing. Of course they were not 5 stars hotel and I will never stay in that hotel again no matter what,

BTW, out of curiosity, which hotel is this or at least which country?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:39 am

I was going to say the service recovery offered by the hotel was enough until you said the rate was US$390.00 per night. In S.E Asia that is top, top end, except in Singapore. So based on that, I would think the Starpoints was better.

However if you already took the lunch and stuff, you can't double dip.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Sheraton LGK?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Sheraton LGK?
I was guessing Jogja.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
I was guessing Jogja.
well... I doubt it is Jogja, as I do not think Sheraton Jogja will be that expensive. Also not so sure what will you do in Jogja at 2am?

I think looking at the USD390 rate, I guess it should be a resort hotel. St Regis Bali?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
well... I doubt it is Jogja, as I do not think Sheraton Jogja will be that expensive. Also not so sure what will you do in Jogja at 2am?

I think looking at the USD390 rate, I guess it should be a resort hotel. St Regis Bali?

True about the price.

The bathtub looks very old/Westin-Sheraton style... I doubt it's the StR Bali though I haven't been there.

I wish it was Jogja, it's a nice property but badly in need of a redo.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:57 am

Looking at some bathroom pictures, I'm pretty sure it's Sheraton LGK.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
True about the price.

The bathtub looks very old/Westin-Sheraton style... I doubt it's the StR Bali though I haven't been there.

I wish it was Jogja, it's a nice property but badly in need of a redo.
oh yeah did not notice the bath tube yeah it is unlikely StR Bali.....

may be remymartin is correct, LGK
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:11 am
jli
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Marriott Rewards
I guess it's alright for me to tell which property, it's the Plaza Athenee in Bangkok. It turned out the sensor of the central water tank at the property did not work that night so no water was pumped from the ground to the water tank. I'm not sure how many guests were affected as the problem occurred at midnight so I hope we were just the only unlucky one . Not sure the occupancy rate but from my observation the hotel was quite empty during my stay.

Overall I Highly recommend this hotel to everyone, breakfast was great with lots of selections. Lounge was huge with nice coffee and evening cocktail. The spa was also awesome and they also got a nice pool too. The original junior suite we stayed and the later deluxe suite that we were moved to are both nice indeed. They are both nicely decorated and I don't think it's actually that old as some in FT said. Only just because this hotel is in Bangkok where there are many new hotels and competitions around so they need to do a renovation, I don't think there's such a need to do so at this stage if this hotel is in North America .

I'd also like to thanks many of them including Carl, the director of sales, who was so attentive over the issue and I know he was so busy as he had to deal with a wedding ceremony for a group of Indian on the same day as well. Manaschai, the assistant front office manager who came over with his team at night to solve the problem and a female associate (don't remember her name) who checked me and was so cheerful each of the time we saw her in the lobby. Lastly the Hotel Manager Gilles, which he came personally on the date of my check-out. ^^
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:07 pm

Let me get this right - you paid 340 USD per night at Plaza Athne Bangkok while BKK is amidst a hotel crisis? Well done
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by newshound
Thanks Remy, you are correct. The other ingredients of the omlette were listed and as Bacon/Pork wasn't one of them we didn't think twice about ordering. It was only upon having a mouthful that my partner discovered something wasn't right. As you might expect, she was horrified and I was mortified.
They made a mistake although in the US you should specifically tell the wait staff of any food requirements like that before you order even if it's not listed. And you know even if no pork ingredients were listed or actually in the omelette, the omelette is likely pork cross contaminated from utensils & cookware anyway since bacon and sausage are very common American breakfast ingredients. (Unless of course it's a kosher or halal kitchen...)
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Let me get this right - you paid 340 USD per night at Plaza Athne Bangkok while BKK is amidst a hotel crisis? Well done
LOL :P
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:29 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by jli
To answer a few question from you guys:
1. Room rate was around USD 390/night.
I am not on one side or the other, however, your room rate should not be of any consequence as to what the remedy must be. You are a guest at the 5-star property and the property has the duty to make sure that your stay is comfortable ... otherwise, what's distinguishes it from - say Nana Hotel!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Seems like the hotel handled the situation very well and asking for even more seems excessive to me. Enjoy wherever you are.
Agree.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.