Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Cleveland Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:15 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist

Looks like the Westin Cleveland finally has an opening date of May 1.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=3760
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
This property is slated to open on 5/1/14 (3 weeks from today) but you still can't book a room at this property. Anyone have an idea when you can book a room for a July stay?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:04 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Opening date has been pushed back to 15 May 2014. Their website looks much more complete at this point as well. Makes me think they're actually getting close.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=3760
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by nevansm
Opening date has been pushed back to 15 May 2014.
And they are taking reservations for dates of July 1 and later.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Has anyone been able to visit this property yet? How's the old girl looking?
Old May 28, 2014, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Has anyone been able to visit this property yet? How's the old girl looking?
I have friends who went to the soft opening and said it looked more like a Le Meridien than Westin.

There is all kinds of wonderful artwork in the public areas of the property. They gave Urban Farmer thumbs up, but said it will have to consistently deliver to keep up XO, Hyde Park or Red Steakhouse.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I am staying there this weekend and I just got the e-mail confirming my suite upgrade and I was wondering if it was worth it. I was also wondering how the club lounge rates. Thanks in advance
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
After reading the tripadvisor reviews, I went with the Aloft down the street for a stay next week. It reads like they aren't quite ready.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPRich
After reading the tripadvisor reviews, I went with the Aloft down the street for a stay next week. It reads like they aren't quite ready.

The aloft is so far away. It's in the flats and down a hill. Also the area where the Aloft is is under heavy construction with apartments, restaurants and office buildings..
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
The aloft is so far away.
Google tells me it's 0.9 miles. I'll drive the extra 2 minutes to avoid the multi-hour check-in delays reported. Hills don't scare me.

Last edited by CPRich; Jul 1, 2014 at 9:54 pm
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPRich
Google tells me it's 0.9 miles. I'll drive the extra 2 minutes to avoid the multi-hour check-in delays reported. Hills don't scare me.
I lived in CLE for a while, the Flats is down a steep hill, along the river. Also, there is a lot of construction in the Aloft area.

In regard to the hill, I thought you would be walking as that is one hell of a hill. If you're working in the CBD, the Westin is probably better.

Come on, be our guinea pig!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: spg (Plt) Hilton (gold) Marriott (silver) WN (CP & A-listerP) Delta Silver AA gold
I'm scheduled to be there on 12 Jul for one night. Will write up the pros and cons after the stay.

Reviews on tripadvisor are all over the map on this place. So don't know what to expect.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
look forward to some reviews. i'm staying in august. hoping for a suite upgrade as going w/friends. also curious the lounge access policy, if i have 4 in my room will they let us all in for breakfast? appetizers?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travel.flier
look forward to some reviews. i'm staying in august. hoping for a suite upgrade as going w/friends. also curious the lounge access policy, if i have 4 in my room will they let us all in for breakfast? appetizers?
I would seriously think of using the SPG published benefits as a guide. I would not "expect" that the property would let all four in.

Per the SPG program.
This benefit is limited to the Member and one guest if that guest is staying in the same room with the member.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I've stayed at both. The Aloft is indeed in the Flats, however easily accessible from W 9th St, as there is an entrance to the building only halfway down the hill.

As far as the Westin goes, it's a beautiful property. They did a wonderful job on the renovation. The gym is excellent, with a ton of great new equipment, and the club lounge is a two-level affair at the top of the hotel.

That said, the service kind of sucks. Long waits for valet, long waits for bags, long waits for just about everything. I'll probably stay again after they get the kinks worked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.