Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is a prepaid rate always non-refundable?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:10 pm

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by alshrink
Not sure where to ask this. I paid unusual low rate for two nights at Sheraton Dallas for 11/15, and now hotel is emailing, wanting to bully me out of rate(I've already paid for). They say if I don't respond to them by 6/9 they will cancel my stay.
So respond and say you're sticking with the reservation
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT

If you're PLT 100 I believe that sometimes your Ambassador can assist the hotel in understanding a legitimate one-off issue which requires you to cancel a prepaid rezzie.
Old May 23, 2015, 11:37 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by alshrink
Not sure where to ask this. I paid unusual low rate for two nights at Sheraton Dallas for 11/15, and now hotel is emailing, wanting to bully me out of rate(I've already paid for). They say if I don't respond to them by 6/9 they will cancel my stay.
i know this is way too late but a similar thing happened to me where i got $400/night rooms for $80 (most likely a glitch but it showed up on the spg website when i was booking those stays in good faith), on three different stays and they tried doing the same. i politely told them to honor the offer for 2/3 of the stays (i didn't need the third) and they were very very cool about that. got upgraded on those stays as well. i once drank with a contract lawyer who told me an offer is not a valid offer if it's too good to be true, but also a $80 night hotel for a 3-4 star westin in the suburbs is sweet but not really too good to be true (like $5 or $29/night). sucks to be them especially cause i probably had an entire bottle of scotch every night in the club lounge.
Old May 23, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I have successfully canceled numerous "non-refundable" bookings. I simply called the hotel, pleaded my case, and was successful every time. I will say that I am a platinum 100 and, in most cases, I have stayed at the property multiple times.

While they did not have to do this for me, they did. So… Your mileage may vary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.