Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Hotel email: [email protected]

MRT:
  • Shenton Way (TE19) -- note, the Exit Directory lists exit 3 for the Westin, but exit 4 will pop you out right by the front door.
  • Downtown (DT17) -- exit E
See post #492 for current welcome letter detailing benefits and lounge hours.
Print Wikipost

Westin Singapore [Master Thread]

Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:41 am

I am here now and had a short chat to the front desk about upgrades to suites - am told that the hotel has very few suites: 13 suites including their signature suites.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a suite if you're checking in here.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jaejaez
I am here now and had a short chat to the front desk about upgrades to suites - am told that the hotel has very few suites: 13 suites including their signature suites.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a suite if you're checking in here.
Good to know. Thanks. That factor - and even more importantly the reports of construction nearby, which I've mainly seem at Tripadvisor - have me leaning against a stay in February.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:25 pm

Cool

Something else worth noting on - though evening happy hour is nothing special, the breakfast at the lounge is very decent with items you can order off the menu and there is champagne (not sparkling wine or prosecco, but champagne) served.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
What's being constructed, a residential/office/retail development called Marina One, is expected to be completed only in 2017, so I'd say if you want to, you might as well stay at the Westin while it's new, and while the view is unobstructed.

I'm not sure how sound proof the windows are but as the Westin takes up floors 32-46 of the building it's in, the noise from the construction ought not be that bad at this point (they're still doing the groundwork at the site).

Marina One itself will have buildings 30-34 floors tall, which means it still might be possible to get a decent view over it from the Westin if you're on a high floor.

So it's really now or never.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: KF, SPG
Last night of my 3 night stay at Westin

The pro's:
Staff are very very friendly and capable
Good Plat recognition - i had applied for SNA which didnt go through was upgrade at check-in
Excellent service at Executive Lounge -Decent spread during Breakfast and afternoon drinks

Con's:
Parking is a pain. if you are driving, go behind the hotel and then go to Level 5 and look for hotel sign. There is no discounted rate for guest staying at the hotel.
Room Size seems small, even after the upgrade, compared to other hotels in Singapore.

Overall decent hotel with walking distance to MBS, Chinatown, Boat Quey
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, GHA Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Platinum IHG, Marco Polo Gold
Not sure if I heard wrongly but lunch buffet cost $35 (believe its ++) and dinner buffet cost $55. The SPG 30% off discount seems no longer there. Can anyone confirm pls.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, GHA Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Platinum IHG, Marco Polo Gold
Had booked a night stay end of Jan and looking to use the SNA there though heard its quite hard to secure an upgrade. Called the hotel this morning and what I was told was they only have 2 Junior Suite and around 10 Sea View Suite available. Thats around 4% of the total rooms.

What made this hotel have so little suites available when its location is mainly to attract business people visiting their Corporate offices around the area is still hard to understand. Looking forward for my first Westin stay in Singapore nevertheless

Any feedback on that will let you guys know later.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Something else worth noting on - though evening happy hour is nothing special, the breakfast at the lounge is very decent with items you can order off the menu and there is champagne (not sparkling wine or prosecco, but champagne) served.
Important question...does the breakfast have REAL bacon?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:44 am

Just realized that the morning champagne treat at the club lounge is for the weekends only. Seems to be one of the ways the hotel as adopted to draw in guests during the weekend.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by abraxis
not sure what real bacons are but they looked and tasted pretty real to me!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by golfhan1
Not sure if I heard wrongly but lunch buffet cost $35 (believe its ++) and dinner buffet cost $55. The SPG 30% off discount seems no longer there. Can anyone confirm pls.
I still see it on the website. I hope they have it next weekend as I want to try it. If not, I will enjoy the wonderful Chocolate Buffet at the Fullerton.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
not sure what real bacons are but they looked and tasted pretty real to me!
great! I'm usually at the Sheraton Towers and the breakfast buffet in the lounge has NO BACON. I have heard varying reasons from "the owner of the hotel is Muslim, so no pork products" to "we don't want to offend our Muslim guests". The former I get and the latter I'd understand the reasoning if we were in Malaysia. But this is Singapore...where it's becoming more mainlander than Malay...so bacon shouldn't be a problem?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:43 pm

"the owner of the hotel is Muslim, so no pork products"
I know for a fact that this is not true..
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I know for a fact that this is not true..
As do I, not to mention the fact the regular breakfast has a choice of beef or PORK bacon. Even the Grosvenor House in Dubai where I live and is most certainly owned by a Muslim serves bacon & pork products in the lounges, they just put it on a different table & clearly mark it "THESE ITEMS CONTAINS PORK"
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: SPG, Krisflyer
Haha can't stand beef bacon any more, drives me mad!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.