Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 01 Aug 2018] SPG Hot Escapes [which replace Starpicks and beatthetimer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Listings of the hotels participating in the weekly SPG Hot Escapes promotion can be seen here.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 01 Aug 2018] SPG Hot Escapes [which replace Starpicks and beatthetimer]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Yeah that's true.

Lurker IV did mention they are investigating why some hotels are not listed as well.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Question? Why are we listing the "current list" here? Did I miss something? We can see this information on line.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Question? Why are we listing the "current list" here? Did I miss something? We can see this information on line.
I agree. I had subscribed to this thread for a long time because I was interested in aspects of the program or unusual issues related to it. The incessant posting of the readily available list drove me nuts and I unsubscribed. If the community finds value in posting this list weekly it should be in a thread marked as such so that there is a thread that actually has only discussion in it that we can reliably read when there is a new post without just finding another (IMHO pointless) list that is guaranteed to be out of date and is available elsewhere instantly.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Lightbulb

For the convenience of our Hot Escapes patrons, I have separated out the weekly listings into a new thread, which can run in parallel to this discussion thread. You may now subscribe to either, or both.

/mod
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:55 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
And I always thought I was alone! Thanks Oxon Flyer!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:36 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Only 9 US properties participating this week, at least according to the site. Seems incredibly low!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by JK
Only 9 US properties participating this week, at least according to the site. Seems incredibly low!
Yet again, there are hotels offering Hot Escapes rates this week which are not listed. I've found, for example :

Sheraton Boston Hotel
The Westin Boston Waterfront
Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:51 am
JK

Agreed - I have found plenty of examples too.

That said, I did just book the Sheraton Heathrow for £47. It's a pure MR run to get me to SPG100. Without it, I'd finish at 99 nights... I've had an Ambassador for all but one year since it started, and while I don't enormously value it, it would be rude not to at £47!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:52 am

Anybody from administration look at this site ??

Fom 2 months I have results like this :

1. Le Meridien München advertised price 105/100EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

2. Le Meridien Hamburg advertised price 98/93EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

3. Sheraton Bali advertised price 107/102EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

4. Westin Boston advertised price 90/86EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

Maybe better close this site if you can't control it ?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:24 am
Company Representative, Starwood Digital

Programs: MR,SPG,RC
Originally Posted by HHQX888

1. Le Meridien München advertised price 105/100EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

2. Le Meridien Hamburg advertised price 98/93EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

3. Sheraton Bali advertised price 107/102EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

4. Westin Boston advertised price 90/86EUR but when you want make booking you cant find any day with this price.

Maybe better close this site if you can't control it ?
Hi
I will flag this to the team; thanks for reporting.

Edit: upon closer inspection, it appears the search listings have incorrect currency labels. Le Meridien München should be EUR 122/128, but shows in search listing as USD 122/128.

Last edited by StarwoodUX; Dec 24, 2014 at 9:36 am
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:21 pm

If you choose USD we can see this :

This is mistale in your scripts.
And still same hotels have offer in Hot Escapes but they are not shown on list.
Outsourcing work in india Shame.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by HHQX888
Originally Posted by StarwoodUX
Hi
I will flag this to the team; thanks for reporting.

Edit: upon closer inspection, it appears the search listings have incorrect currency labels. Le Meridien München should be EUR 122/128, but shows in search listing as USD 122/128.
The site has never worked properly since launch : the issues with currency labels and conversions were highlighted as far back as last April. Maybe Starwoods software team should consider asking, as BA do, some FTers to beta test new software before general release ?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Does anyone know how breakfast is handled if you book a Hot Escapes rate? There are a couple of properties that have conflicting 'Limited Time Offer: Save up to 50 percent! Breakfast Included' rates and the Hot Escapes one and I'm wondering whether breakfast can be paid for after a Hot Escapes booking.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:48 pm
JK

Did something go wrong this week? Looks like there are only 29 properties participating this week, according to the site. That can't be, surely?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:38 am
E1A

Programs: Hyatt, Starwood, Ritz, Accor, Hilton, Etihad, Emirates
Something seems off this week as well

Is there an active thread on this that I was unable to search for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.